User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by timeless
    It is a 24hr facility. Hmmm... did I make it sound like it closes early? My bad if I did. VRC is a 24-7 never closing badminton facility. Everyone who turns out tomorrow is welcome to play out their entire 24 hour guest pass if you so wish (and can physically endure it). The latest (earliest?) I've played until is past 4AM hahaha.
    Technically the guest is signed in until midnight and if they are staying later, they would have to pay another fee. It's not a 24 hour guest pass per se, the fee the pay is valid for the day they signed in and paid for.

As for the other VRC members on this forum let's be a bit more diligent about our club as well. Although most guests are fairly responsible and do not abuse the club rules, we do know that there are a few that do abuse the rules of guest priviledges - primarily 2 times per month, maximum of 12 times per year rule.

As a vrc club member, who have been frustrated with extremely long waits on certain evenings, as result of too many guests I certain will agree there are some things we should try to enforce. After all it is our club.... It's not a drop-in community center.

badrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    As for the other VRC members on this forum let's be a bit more diligent about our club as well. Although most guests are fairly responsible and do not abuse the club rules, we do know that there are a few that do abuse the rules of guest priviledges - primarily 2 times per month, maximum of 12 times per year rule.
    I think the limit is not more than 6 visits per year and not more twice a month.

Right now I have not heard from John Luu (he went up to Prince Rupert today and planned to be back tomorrow).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    I think the limit is not more than 6 visits per year and not more twice a month.
    You passed the test WWC. I'm glad some guests know the real rule....

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guest limit is four times a month. It's just that you can't introduce the same guest more than twice a month and six times a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TTT
    The guest limit is four times a month. It's just that you can't introduce the same guest more than twice a month and six times a year.
    sorry - failed... VRC Members Book - Rule 6.01 "An adult member may introduce up to four playing guests per month, one at a time. The same person may not be a playing guest more than twice in a month or 6 times in one year."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... exactly who's showing up? As far as guest sign-in coverage, we have Badrad's family, TTT, Chi-Hong, Marky, and the Mrs. and I. Did I miss anyone? If I haven't, then that allows for 8 guests. If there are more than 8 guests I can probably find other friends that won't mind signing in a guest but no guarantees.

I was at the club last night and it was not very busy at all. So if all the Friday regulars decide to turn out tonight instead, boy it's going to be NUTS hehehehe .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I made a mistake when I counted 8 for the guest sign-in coverage. Badrad jr. is still a jr so I believe the club rules state juniors cannot sign in guests(?). So that brings the coverage back down to 7. Not that it really matters since I'm sure we can find other members to cover all guests if necessary.

I also wanted to stress that everyone have proper indoor court shoes. No dark marking soles are allowed. Basketball shoes or cross-trainers with coloured soles will most likely not be allowed. However, I believe, true indoor court shoes with coloured soles are allowed.

Also as a reminder that all guests must provide their own feather shuttles (you can purchase tubes of Winex shuttles from WWC if necessary). The club doesn't provide shuttles at all (I wish!). As a rule of thumb, all players bring out a shuttle for every game. At the end of the game, the remaining unused shuttles are randomly distributed. Or the foursome, can just remain together until all the shuttles are used up. It's up to you as long as everyone agrees.

See you all tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er...I saw timeless, chihong, wood_22_chuck and Marky.....where did everyelse go????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TTT
    er...I saw timeless, chihong, wood_22_chuck and Marky.....where did everyelse go????
    Coz we (John Luu and I) never make it down to the club.

John didn't make it back with his family until late and I was (still am) feeling under the weather. Really, really sorry.

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wood_22_chuck: you leave the club very early last night?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah ... after 3 doubles games with timeless ... was feeling a bit tired already because I played with JChen99 in the morning. There was the Pinetree Open that morning from 9:00 am till 3:00 pm.

Really was looking forward to playing with Chi-Ho, TTT, and yourself for a doubles match but all you guys were tied up in another game.

Next BF meet I'll stay longer, PROMISE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cooler
    how about viver?
    Hi Cooler,
    Still playing hard? My body can't take that much, 2 times a week are taking its toll. Have to be careful.

Too bad can't play this Saturday. Hope to be able to make it next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Chi-Ho says it's pronounced "kwahn" not "kwoon" (re kwun)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood_22_Chuck was the ONLY guest to show up. Kinda disappointing considering how many people voiced an interest to go . So it was pretty much just like any other regular Saturday night at the club.

Was nice to meet you Wood_22_Chuck . Hopefully you'll have more energy to spare next time and get your money's worth. If you had stayed longer you could have seen Chi-Ho do his amazing rubber band smashes. I swear that guy is like a contortionist sometimes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually saw the rubber-band smash on my way out! Holy Moley! It was like a bow and arrow sort of thing, but all enery expended into the smash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still confused, what's a rubber band smash??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast