User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's where he jumps off the ground, reach up and stretch REALLY high, with chest and torso thrust forward (wind-up) ... then EXPLODES with the racket and feet thrusted forward. If you "twang" a rubber band stretch between your index finger and thumb, that's what it sorta looks like ... only backwards.

Okay, if this is really confusing, I'll defer to timeless to explain it.

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...I think I know what you are talking about...didn't know it was called rubber band smash. I gotta try that some time. Mine is gonna be so weak that it's gonna be called a rubber band drop...

ya, too bad I didn't get a chance to play with wood_22_chuck....u didn't get to experience my ultimate deception shot....haha

WWC: Hope you get well soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmmm... I was actually referring to Chi-Ho's uncanny agility. His ability to totally contort his body to take tape-height flat drives going down his backhand alley with his forehand. What makes him look like a rubber band is that he can hit a drive down his forehand alley and then rubber banding his body to his backhand alley to hit another drive. Both with his forehand... it's really quite a sight . His body goes totally horizontal to one side and then to the other in a flash. Wish I was that nimble!

His smashes in general do have rubber band like attributes though. To me his arm resembles someone holding one end of a rubber band while pulling the other back and then letting it snap forward. Resulting in a nice welt for anyone who doesn't have their guard up .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was away at a wedding this weekend.. and umm finally saw this thread.. oops.

Err next time i'll be more than available to help sign in.

Seot

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vancouver : one of these days... looks like you guys are having a lot of fun... !!

backhand : hey, don't let out my secret weapon.... actually, my backhand nowadays isn't as strong as before.

Originally posted by chihong
    haha.. long time no see.. Where are you coming to Van to have games with us??

With this description I will surely know who Kwun is Actually an even shorter way to remind me is the "backhand-smashy Kwun". I have a memory that your backhand smash was stronger than your forehand ones. is that true? ( )

Guys, in case you think his forehand smash is weak.. I actually meant his backhand smash is very strong..

Hi VCRer's, I will be playing this on Saturday at VRC as well. Can I join your group? I can help bring in one more non-member if another non-member wants to join.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun

backhand : hey, don't let out my secret weapon.... actually, my backhand nowadays isn't as strong as before.
    that's just scary...kwun. Seeing how strong your backhand smash is right now, I'm kinda glad I didn't know you before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reddog, that is part of his deceptive stroke If you think u saw his backhand smash, he'll surprise u with his old one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by viver
    Hi Cooler,
    Still playing hard? My body can't take that much, 2 times a week are taking its toll. Have to be careful.

Too bad can't play this Saturday. Hope to be able to make it next time.
    Hi viver, yes, i'm still at it but only once a week in the summer. So, you are playing more often than me. There're just not as many club here as in vancouver and toronto. It is puzzling how vancouver having higher land prices have more badminton facilities than Calgary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cooler
    Hi viver, yes, i'm still at it but only once a week in the summer. So, you are playing more often than me. There're just not as many club here as in vancouver and toronto. It is puzzling how vancouver having higher land prices have more badminton facilities than Calgary.
    Hey Cooler,
    Time to get your buddies together and set up a facility I thought that Kelvin was in the process of securing some warehouse space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Surprise surprise . . . I actually played Chi Hong back in March. We need more BF meets like this one in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile place to play on the 25th or 27th

Sorry this is out of the topic but was wondering if there are any open gyms that I can drop in to play a little pick up game during the 25th, 26th or 27th of July. Thanks for any info you can give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: place to play on the 25th or 27th

Originally posted by topgun_302
    Sorry this is out of the topic but was wondering if there are any open gyms that I can drop in to play a little pick up game during the 25th, 26th or 27th of July. Thanks for any info you can give.
    I would say that you can try either Clearone or the VRC. I will be out of town during that period but BF regulars like Timeless, Pete LSD, etc. all play at the VRC. Put up a new thread for the period that you are interested in and see which folks are in town.

For Clearone, they have drop-in sessions every day except Wed. The cost is $6.00/session and try to wrangle games from the other drop-ins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: place to play on the 25th or 27th

Originally posted by topgun_302
    Whoa, those are Molson Indy race days

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5