Racket Choice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Songher, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Songher

Songher Regular Member

Student
    Im a doubles player but I love Singles as well. Currently using nanospeed5000 and want a change. Should I get some head light similar racket or a head heavy racket as I'm also a lover of smashing. I have a big smash and strong lobs, I label myself as higher intermediate player.Any suggestions of rackets and brands? Tq in advance! :)

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

well, since you like smash you MAY like a heavier head racket but dont just straight to the end as you might not be able to adapt your style to the racket. You want the racket to suit you, not the other way around :D

The MX80 is a great racket for singles and doubles, is slightly heavy head and extra stiff shaft is great for smashing and defence. However, since you're current using a medium stiff racket you may want to try a slight heavy head and medium to stiff racket like the Bravesword11 or MX70. BS's would be easier on the pocket and closer to the nanoseries than the MX's

3. Songher

Songher Regular Member

Student
    Im thinking of Victor BS 09. But I don't know how it fare against Yonex's rackets. Durability and Performance wise, Victor is alright i suppose? They are only SLIGHTLY cheaper. :(:confused:

THanks for ur previous reply! :D

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

Victor is much better and definitely rivals Yonex's quality in rackets. BS09 is medium flex and slightly heavy head. The one of the current world no 2. MD pair Lee Yong Dae likes it so much that its coming out as BS-LYD next year with a yellow color scheme :D

5. Songher

Songher Regular Member

Student
    After half a year, I've got my hands on BS10 and BS11. Don't quite like both of these though, any other idea? :D MX series are quite hard on my pockets both 70 and 80 faring ard a price of vtzf.
    BS10 - I have a slight timing issue with this racket and I wonder what's wrong. Timing has not been an issue to me since years back. :(
    BS11 - Similar feeling to BS10,, just slightly softer and smash is weaker. :(

Need more advices!!!

6. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    BS series is mostly on speed, i guess you hit too early and mishit? I understand since i myself had slight timing issue with my BS 15, hit the frame quite often compare to my other racket.

Budget wise ... you could sell one of your BS and top up for a mx80? Head heavy with more control, maybe you could solve your timing issue ;). Moreover the stiffness and head heaviness is more forgiving than the vtzf