Place to Play in Lethbridge, Alberta??

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Hugo, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    I just arrived in Lethbridge with my dad for a short business conference. Since I'm doing nothing for basically the entire day tomorrow (Wednesday), I'm hoping there's some recreational drop-in club where I can play for a few hours. Also, I did not bring my racket with me so hopefully the facility can lend out some average racket for play.

Any folks here can help?

2. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Hugo,
    Usually the university has open gym every day but they are closed till the 30th of June to repair the floor. I do know that the YMCA has drop in times usually in the evening. I don't know if they have racquets though. They might cause they have racquet ball and squash racquets. You can phone them and find out times. I don't have the number on me though.
    Shaun.

3. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Hugo,
    Sorry I forgot to mention that you might be able to play at the college here as well. I have never played there so I can not be sure.
    Shaun.

4. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi superv97,

Thanks for your replies. I will try to give YMCA a phone call tomorrow and see if they're open during convenient times. What is the name of the local college here?
    Do you normally play at the University or YMCA?

Thanks.

5. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Hey Hugo,
    I usually play at the university. I have played at the YMCA. The University is much better, the Y has a really low ceiling. The Y has open gym I think every evening. Whenever I went there, there were no other players either. Except badminton night which I think is Tuesdays. The college is called Lethbridge Community College. If your playing on Wednesday and need a partner let me know. I won't be around Thursday though. Have a good one,
    Shaun.

6. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi superv97,

I just phoned up YMCA today and they told me that open gym was for only 1.5 hrs this evening and during our an inconvenient time too. So, I guess there will be no baddy this time around. Hopefully, if I ever come down to Lethbridge again in the future, I can play a few with you at the University!

Take care.

7. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Hugo,
    That's too bad that you can't play baddy here. We'll definately have to hook up next time. The University is a much better place to play. Anyways, enjoy your stay,
    Shaun.

8. jonathanloree

jonathanloree New Member

Hey,
    Just looking to find some people to play with at the University or something. I will be attending in the fall and have played high school badminton and in the summer games. Anyone know anything about the badminton intramural program at the university or anything?
    Thanks,
    Jon

9. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Hey Jon,
    The University has an intermural program. Also, there are a good group of guys that play on the weekends during open gym.
    Shaun.

10. canadabrit

canadabrit New Member

The intramurals are on Tuesday nights from 8-12 at the university. sign up at rec services. Just a question I wish to add: I am currently wanting to coach a school team, high school etc. I have alot of experience, grew up in England and played and trainned for the county for 10 + years. If anyone knows of any teams needed a coach could you let me know

#10 canadabrit, Nov 25, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2005