Help recommend Racket Similar to VT80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by observer, Dec 6, 2011.

1. observer

observer Regular Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a Similar feel (through game experience) racket compared to VT80.

anyone can help recommend non-yonex but similar/Near feel? may be protech, fleet, apacs, proace or may be victor and more....?

Especially in those aspect below:
    Head Heaviness as in Balance point:305mm +-
    Stiffness:Stiff
    Solid feel
    Meaty Head ISO frame
    Slim shaft.
    Overall weight is 3u

2. Hellmoon

Hellmoon Regular Member

Victor SW 35:This racket less head heavy than vt 80. But it is much stiffer and very solid compare to vt 80.Very powerful if you manage to unleash it's true power and not bad in term of maneuverability, speed and defence. Cheaper too.

Li Ning N90: About the same head heaviness as VT 80, but it is stiffer and heavier in overall weight. In my opinion the most demanding racket in the market. Really not suitable for beginner, and it's hard to play in double game...very expensive too. But if you manage to tame this beast, aye aye aye...maybe you can smash as hard as Lin Dan.:p

Babolat X Feel Blast

Carlton Vapour Trail Elite

Carlton Razor v1.1

RSL Diamond X5 Gold

Gosen Ryoga Issen

I highly recommend you to get Victor SW35. Pound for pound, it is the best racket in market and one of the best attacking/smashing racket ever built in my opinion.

3. observer

observer Regular Member

Thanks Hellmoon.

Currently myself having one VT80 but, in term of cost, it is quite expansive. so i can consider im not looking for Li Ning as well. :p

Hope you help describe how different and how similar are these racket below agains VT80?

SW35 - cost quite reasonable
    Babolat X Feel Blast - i feel balbolat quite costly, correct me if im wrong.
    Carlton Vapour Trail Elite
    Carlton Razor v1.1
    RSL Diamond X5 Gold - cost quite reasonable
    Gosen Ryoga Issen -

Basically,
    heard alot good review SW35, may be considering to get one.
    but for now i hope for more recommendation first heheheh
    Btw any similar racket from Fleet, apacs, proace, protech, ashaway and so on?

4. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    try Victor MX80, Apacs Tweet8000 International or Tantrum 500

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i think MX80 costs the same as VT80, and Tweet8k and tantrum are less stiff (stiff-) and 285mm eventhough they feel slightly head heavy, no where close as VT80/SW35 or LN90I/II.

if you're not looking at lining, closest to your decription is probably SW35 solid feel, 305bps, reasonable price though VT80 will feel more powerful and performs better at defence.

6. observer

observer Regular Member

Hi Irwan,
    Recently i checked with MS regarding MX80 , thier price very near to VT80 or may be even same. i guess i might skip MX80.
    For apacs Tweet8000 i heard it is quite head heavy but when i hold it i feel it is quite light some how. For tantrum 500 price i think i would prefer SW35. since the reputation of SW35..... :p

Hi MooMoo, SW35 can reach Bp up to 305? is it measure dry weight or after strung and gripped? i can feel you all leading me to SW35 more and more HAhahah.