User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default baddy shoes suggestion

hi,

currently i m wearing the gel rocket .. it has great cushioning ... no pain on the knee or whatsoever but i sprained my ankle a few times wearing this shoes .. so i m open up for suggestion from any brand with great cushioning but less prone to sprains .. reasonable price too ... thanks guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mizuno Wave Fang RX, great shoes with good supports.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best cushioning shoes for badminton is hands down the Yonex SC series, ie SC5EX, SC6iEX, and the upcoming SC6iEX LD version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Brand you can try :

Yonex SHB SC6LDEX --> Lin Dan Shoe
    Victor SH-S80 --> light shoes,,make you fly..
    Mizuno Wave Fang RX --> need to add 1 size above Yonex and Victor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys..I'll try to check them up see which shoes are up to my budget..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that a show will solve your ankle problem. It's probably the way you move that has caused this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be possible too and my ankle has been prone to sprains since i was a kid .. so i m hoping to get a pair of shoes that has a better stability by the heels which gel rocket may not provide since its kinna high by the heels ..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captivated View Post
    could be possible too and my ankle has been prone to sprains since i was a kid .. so i m hoping to get a pair of shoes that has a better stability by the heels which gel rocket may not provide since its kinna high by the heels ..
    Well if you want something with a semi rigid heel piece then I can suggest victor shoes. The SH8500 is a great all rounder. If you don't mind losing a bit of cushioning then I'd suggest the SH9100. They've got a really solid heel brace at the back ofnthe shoe. But all in all the problem sounds more like foot work than footwear. I too have a history of multiple ankle sprains due to basketball during my teen years but have only sprained once out of 9 times total on my right ankle(dominant side) in this sport but never once have I found the shoe being at fault. My advice is if the new shoe doesn't work then you should invest in coaching if possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks .. will look into it too .. i would say that my ankle is pretty weak ... even by walking on the street i may sprain them .. for now i have an ankle guard on my dominant leg so i do have a better support (never previously) but not on my other leg which has a knee guard (fractured my knee before) though it's less prone to sprain but occasionally i would lose my balance having it tilting to the left (sometimes even during my split steps) ... so im afraid i might sprain it anytime soon... hahaha

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All depends on the type of flooring that you play on. If on pvc mats then cushioning is not as important as on hardwood or even cement floors, where you definitely need something like the SC series.