Personal Training

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chub2003, Jun 26, 2003.

1. chub2003

chub2003 Regular Member

Hi
    In one week i'll be going to the Philippines to get trained proffesionally for two and a half months, and supposedly the training is going to be tough. My soon to be coach told me to practice up before i get there, so i'm pretty nervous, also im kinda afraid that i wont meet his starting standard when i get there. Can anyone give me some tips on how to be ready for hard training? I have about 2 weeks to get a little bit ready, so i was wondering how i can excercise and such before i actually get there.
    Thanks

Chub

2. Aotis

Aotis Regular Member

Student
    scan the badminton books

there's a badminton book online you can download, I think it has all the information you need. I forget what the book was and who's the auther, but its' the "excelling at double" book that was recently made avaliable, really nice! try to search older threads for it.
    IMO, plus I read this somewhere I forget, but to train your body, you first start with aerobic excercises, that means jog long distances.... and then once your body is used to whatever your standard you may set, you then begin to run shorter distances but at a higher pace... you can take it to whatever level you want to set yourself. that's the simplest I can suggest, hope it even helps :) I think physical endourance is very important in your badminton game, especially if you wanna train professionally. So maybe you can start RUNNING! heh, if you haven't already done so of course, well.... hope you have fun and gain great results from your trainning, good luck!

3. trapped-never

trapped-never Regular Member

telecommunication engineer
    Improve your fitness

If I were you I wouldn't care about technique. The trainer will try to correct it anyway. Go and jog during first week at least 5 times minimum 1 hour. During the second week 3 times minimum 1.5 hour. Half of the training dedicate to regular changing of pace (for example 3 min 90% of max heart rate, 2 min 75% max heart rate) the second half just jog on cca 80-85%. If you are not tired enough :D do cca 30-40 lunges on each leg and cca 50 situps after training. It can certainly help a lot. Good luck.

4. ArchDevil145

ArchDevil145 Regular Member

student
    Glad to see someone decides to visit our country even though its a bit rough out there. Good luck on your training!

5. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

my advice is, get as fit as you can so he can work you more. The more he can work on you, the more beneficial it is for you :)

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree with trapped-never.

U go to train, not to impress him with fancy tactic, but to learn the tricks (with the correct technique). However, fitness is necessary regardless whatever ur style is / will be.

Get into shape, with some physical train and stength training (such as knee strength). This way, u can face the tough challenge ahead, and being able to prevent injury with better chance.

7. tighri

tighri Regular Member

Technical Consultant
    hey chub2003. don't worry, your training will go on smoothly if you are really determined to get better. it' s all in the mind man. btw, where are you going to train? in manila? who is the coach? anyway, it ain't rough here in the the philippines (except in the southern tip of the country). and i don't suppose your training will be there. you'll enjoy it here.

8. loverlionus

loverlionus Regular Member

Hi chub, i'm also interested in knowing who will train you and for how much (if there is a fee). Thanks.

9. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    i would advise to be careful and not put all your trust into one coach. There are a number of so called "coaches" that can give you drills but cannot correct your mistakes, they just want you to "go faster" and that is it. If it were me i would try to book a few different coaches and play a lot of games when you are there, i know the players in the philippines are quite good as well.

10. chub2003

chub2003 Regular Member

loverlionus:

Well, im not exactly sure who my coach is going to be now. At first it was supposed to be Fung Permadi, but he was booked, then Heryanto Arbi but he cost quite a lot. My uncle is the distributor of Victor racquets in the Philippines, and both of those retired players had a contract with victor, and knew my uncle. If i were to go next summer i may be able to get a little training from one of them

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i agree t-n and Iwan. get fit.

will it be a one-on-one coaching? if so, even more important to be fit. i have done 2 hours one-on-one before and my legs were like jello and i sweated of a bucket of water by the time i was done.