pls recommend a new racket similar to ns-7700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bz123, Dec 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bz123

bz123 Regular Member

I am very happy with my ns-7700, but it's not easy to purchase a replacement. is there a new model somewhere out there that could be considered 'a new ns 7700'?

2. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    The 7700 is one of my all-time favourite rackets so I will try my best to answer your question. Your absolutely right though, the 7700 is a very difficult racket to locate, ever online. I believe it was first launched around 2006. As such, it is a fairly old racket, which is why it is so difficult to find. The obvious choice would be the Nanospeed 7000. The 7000 is another awesome racket. I am not certain, but I believe the 7000 is slightly more head-light than your existing 7700, although both are considered head-light, even for the NS series. The major difference, however, between the two is the difference in the stiffness of the shafts. Your 7700 is rated 'medium' and the 7000 is rated 'stiff'. The Nanospeed 6600, like the 7700 has an anti-vibration filter built around the tip of the cone, but I think you would find the 6600 too flexible for your liking. You might want to look at the NS-5500 as this is also rated 'medium' stiff just like your 7700. Similarly, you might want to consider the Arcsaber 7. I realise is it outwith the NS series. However, the Arc 7 is an all-round racket like your 7700. It is rated 'medium' stiff and is fairly headlight compared to the rest of the Arcsaber series. I haven't yet had the chance to play with the new Nanoray series so I can't comment on them. I hope this helps.

See the link below. I've bought from them before without any hassle. They are a reliable retailer and also ship out-with the UK.

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shop/badm...ed/yonex-nanospeed-5500-badminton-861266.html

#2 allyjack110, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. bz123

bz123 Regular Member

thanks for the reply. I will try to see someone with the arcsaber 7 here locally.

I'd rather switch to one of the newer models, switching to other NSes seems like it won't make finding a new one that much easier. besides, 7700 felt quite a bit different than other NSes I've tried, even 7000, so I was hoping there's a model in one of the new series that matches 7700 reasonably closely.

4. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Good to see another NS7700 user, I'm pretty much the only one that uses them around here. I tried the NR700's and they feel very similar to the 7700 for me. My swing wasn't affected as much compared to some of the other rackets that I tried like the NS9900, AT900T, ARC7, ARCZ. I liked the FX more since it had a much softer feel and it didn't require as much effort to hit. I will be waiting for the NR900's to come out to see which one I should get to replace my 5 year old NS7700. It's got to be the most durable racket I've ever had. It's been clashed so many times but has not broken yet.

5. bz123

bz123 Regular Member

thanks, from the specs nr700fx seems more likely to come close to ns7700 than the arcsaber, I'll focus my search for a test racket in that direction.

6. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

from the read above, you should try the new NR500 too then since its rated as medium stiffness :)

7. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

There are not a lot of players who play with the NS7700. I still have it, but it's stored because it's not available anymore. The special thing about this racket is the dampening technique used in it, so everything feels 'soft'. Because it was head light (but not very) combined with the aerodynamic shape, it was fast and still had decent power. None of the other Nanospeeds had the same feeling.

A maybe strange advice is to look at the Victor Bravesword 12. It has a dynamic flex (I would call it Medium) feels rather the same and is even balanced. In terms of feel, it does has that special touch. In terms of speed it has the same aerodynamic frame. It will be a little heavier, but look at it as a offensive Nanospeed. If you are used to the NS7700, adapting to this racket is very easy.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I will recommend NR500. Feel stiffer with more feedback. Faster then NS7700 because 4U vs 3U.

9. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

oh yeah, i was about to recommend you the bravesword series also try the medium flex ones as carbonexfan said, the BS12. Also, i read someone had the NS7700 and moved to the BS169 and he loved it.

10. bz123

bz123 Regular Member

I see someone from hongkong (far away from poland) on ebay who is considered a trusted seller by BC selling ns7700s and am torn what to do as I am having trouble finding people with nanorays here...

is this an option that is at all worth considering? or is buying a racket that old and having it shipped half across the globe not something that can end well?