MP55

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shaun, Mar 26, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Does anyone know when this racquet comes out for the North American Market? Specifically, the canadian market? I am interested in buying one
    thanks for the replies.

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Get it at Sportnet International in Texas. Don't know about Canada. Here's a pic of the racket.

Sportnet International
    http://members.aol.com/jumpsmash/jumps.htm

Picture of MP55
    http://www.geocities.com/zclyh3/MP55.html

(Ignore the words, I'll change them later.)

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Canadian release...

Shaun,

From what I understand the Canadian release date was set sometime in late April-May... However, Yonex Canada may not buy a very large supply of this racquet at all... Just sit tight, as they have to put in an order with Yonex Japan (headquarters... and have them specifically produced for us... it should be here by the end of April for sure...).

Hope this helps.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Re: Canadian release...

What physical characteristics do you Canadians have that requires Yonex to cook up a batch of racquets specifically designed for you?

5. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Shaun, a few weeks ago you were balking at the price of buying another AB 900 or a Cab 23, but now you want to get an MP 55 at about the same price, as well as an Iso 500 to supplement the Cab 10 you just bought. Are congratulations in order for a sudden improvement in your financial circumstances? Or, has the addiction become worse?

6. Don

Don Regular Member

It's veeeeeeeery cold here... We all live in igloos! :)

7. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Don, when I was a kid we moved from Tennessee to Anchorage Alaska for a few years. My teacher in Tennesse was a dunce who hated me (I guess I wasn't too diplomatic when I corrected her addition and subtraction mistakes on virtually a daily basis. I also vaguely recall asking her "shouldn't teachers be at least as smart as their students?") and she began making fun of me during my last week before the move, telling me and the rest of the class that I was going to live in an igloo and wear smelly furs and animal skins. She was not alone - most of our neighbors there thought that everyone in Alaska lived in igloos.

I'm just curious why a company would change its products for a particular country when that country is not a dominant power in badminton. I understand the CN marked racquets are for the Chinese market and presumably would be ordered only for their high-level teams and thus they would require better quality control than those available in the mass market. Why would there be a difference between the US and Canadian markets, though?

8. Don

Don Regular Member

Well to answer your question... Yonex Canada is terribly disorganized... New racquets have a market date of around April to May, but the racquets really don't get here until like June or July. Also, Yonex Canada orders racquets from Japan based on a quota system. They'll only order a certain number so that there's a guarantee that distributers will snatch them up and Yonex won't be over stocked. We get the same racquets as the Americans do, but since our market is really small, it's not a priority to have the latest and greatest racquet here first as oppose to some Asian countries.

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    accually i help some of my friends buy racquets...the ISO 500 isnt for me, its for my friend...and as some of u may know, i have broken my cab10(it cracked at around the handle area), so i get to exchange it...i was thinking of exchanging for an MP55 or something like that. I dont like the cab10 particularily much...the shaft is a bit too flexible for me(didnt notice that at first). And the racquet also seems a bit too light for me...i think its a 3U...but arent all cabs rated at 2u?

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    nothing special at all...

Actually all countries get separate batches... It's actually just the serial number, that's different, to identify what racquets were allocated to which area... also it's for Yonex not to over produce products, or else they'll have tons of overhead... money saving if you will.
    Hope this explains it better...

11. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Some are 3U, some are 2U.
    You must specify to your pro shop, or where you order your product from.
    However, since you are going through the racquet D* I don't think you have much choice, unless the guy has 2U in stock for you...

I prefer to buy mine new, and fresh.
    Call me snobby, but at least I know for the most part if anything bad has happened to it.
    I guess sometimes I just don't like to save as much money as I would really like to.

12. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    yes i wish i could specify the weight at the racquet doctor...before, i ALWAYS thought all cabs were 2U...boy was i wrong...my cab10 is 3u and thats a bit too light for my taste...and the shaft is flexible on it(but its not supposed to be...soooooo thats weird, SP version). string tension is only 20lb as opposed to 22lb...guess its all because its a light version....but i like mine 2u "]

13. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Yes, actually many people here at BC prefer 2U weight as opposed to the 3U.
    Gives us a more solid platform to hit from.
    Also we know we're holding the racquet... and it's not necessarily flying off in the distance.. hehehe...

I wonder how the Karakal racquet users are coping with the extremely light weight?
    75 grams is extrememly light weight!!! :?

14. kk

kk Guest

The racquet will comming on June in Canada....

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the SL70 is 70 g.