how to train the arm to avoid injury when hitting hard?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Puma_holic, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Puma_holic

Puma_holic New Member

how to train the arm to avoid injury when hitting hard? I feel the problem in the arm whenafter practice / game ...:(:rolleyes::confused::crying:

2. jclim2009

jclim2009 Regular Member

student
    Start with half powered smash during warm up.. so that your arm would not get too stressed when you hit the shuttle with full power... :)

3. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Stretch your arm muscles before playing. Check with a coach to ensure that you are using the right technique, i.e. forearm pronation, supination, body position. Also where in the arm are you feeling pain, elbow, wrist?

4. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Sounds like a technique problem. I used to have pain in the arms when I used the heavier rackets, but since I took some time to learn the right smashing technique, the pains no longer return.

Even after a 2-hour session with the Voltric 80 or Armortec 900P, it's a-ok.

I think there should be loads of info on this forum on correct smashing techniques. Otherwise, Badminton Bible's a good avenue to load up on knowledge.

5. evilorgi

evilorgi Regular Member

it's definitely a need to improve your technique for smashing. wrong technique for smashing will land you in shoulder injury. there is also a need for you to do shoulders rotations forward and backward before you begin your game to allow your arms/shoulders to get ample warming up.

then as mentioned above, start with stroking 1st and get used to hitting before you smash... then most importantly, smash with the right technique. alot of amateurs uses alot of elbow to lead the smash while their body is squaring up front. these leads to injuries as wel...

search youtube for videos that teaches you how to hit/smash!