User Tag List

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf? Is this relevant?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Please read again. It's already stated by myself.

If the question was going for Arc10: original grip + overgrip (0,60mm), 15% overlap; strung with same string and tension.
    you can only use the BP chart ( 280 below head light, 285-295 even balance and 295 above head heavy) based on the DRY weight (without string and without any changes in the grip)

when you put the string, your racket could go above 300mm easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solstice, when I try to think about what I had in mind when I posted my reply: I think the part where I was doubtful about your statements wasn't the part where swing speed and mass would have to balance out to maintain the momentum, that I already know. (M1V1 = M2V2)

I just thought you were saying that you could represent smash speed only using momentum when there are obviously other factors involved like j4ckie later mentioned, such as the flexing of the strings, shaft, etc.

Essentially, I already agreed with you that you can make a general statement of smash speed being swing speed * mass. I just didn't recognize that you were doing that (a simplification to make it easier to understand) but rather, I thought you were saying "smash speed is just swing speed and mass with no other factors." Partly because it was 3am when I posted it

Just a clarification on my part so I don't look like a total idiot here

~~

Moving back to the thread, thanks for the pics Accordaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    If you have two rackets with the same BP but one carries most of its weight at 12 o'clock, it will feel heavier than the other that carries its weight evenly distributed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    If a racket carries more of its weight at 12 o-clock, then it won't have the same balance point.
    Why couldn't it be possible? It would just need to have less total weight centered at 12 o'clock to be equivalent to the greater total weight evenly distributed throughout the head. He didn't say that they have to have equal weight in the head, just equal BP and one carrying most of its weight at 12 o'clock.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    If a racket carries more of its weight at 12 o-clock, then it won't have the same balance point.
    Nope. I have/had numerous rackets all at circa BP300 and they all feel varying degrees of head heaviness. Theory is great when playing badminton in your lounge room, but sadly that doesn't always translate to the court.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like we always come back to it - the example of the wooden pole with two weights at the ends compared to the iron pipe. Both will have their bp in the middle, but the wooden pole will actually be much harder to swing as it carries a big percentage of it's mass at the end (if you want, I'll post a pic of the actual math involved) - the evenly distributed weight will only have 2/3 the moment of intertia.
    Anyhow, the difference isn't as big with rackets, but noticeable - most people notice 1g or 3mm BP difference when using the same model, which is only ~1%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I feel like we always come back to it - the example of the wooden pole with two weights at the ends compared to the iron pipe. Both will have their bp in the middle, but the wooden pole will actually be much harder to swing as it carries a big percentage of it's mass at the end (if you want, I'll post a pic of the actual math involved) - the evenly distributed weight will only have 2/3 the moment of intertia.
    Anyhow, the difference isn't as big with rackets, but noticeable - most people notice 1g or 3mm BP difference when using the same model, which is only ~1%.
    for some strange reason this is exactly how i imagine VT80 (dynamic flex) vs SW35 (iron pipe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most challenging to design the racket shaft is how well the shaft recover from bending to unbend condition during hard hitting like smashing. so, for me vt80 is a great shaft design for smashing need.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke the string of the BS LYD again! Thats the 2nd time in a short time. Looks like the timing of the smaller head is playing parts. Nevertheless, I didn't liked BG80 on this racket too. So NBG98 is too hard, but BG80 is just too soft. The balance was better in terms of feel, but I lost some accuracy overal. BG80 felt dull on this racket. Going on vacation, so no need to hurry and restring the racket. Considering Yonex BG66 Ultimax next.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the.....where do you get your rackets strung? The BG80 should not feel soft. If strung at the same tension, it should feel (at least) as hard as the NBG98 and harder than any other string (with the possible exception of the Ultimax, which still hasn't arrived. I'll compare them when it gets here though.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the.....where do you get your rackets strung? The BG80 should not feel soft. If strung at the same tension, it should feel (at least) as hard as the NBG98 and harder than any other string (with the possible exception of the Ultimax, which still hasn't arrived. I'll compare them when it gets here though.)
    Don't know. It's just how I feel it, both strung at 11 kg. So there should be no differences. NBG98 felt hard just like steel, and BG80 felt like it dampened too much. I string rackets myself, and the string broke because of a mishit. So nothing's wrong with the stringer. I'm sure the tension was the same but the built of a racket can give different results with different strings in terms of feel.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. 11kg is too soft for me in any case, but the BG80 and NBG98 are the only strings I can play with 12kg. Weird that the 80 should feel so much softer to you - maybe it was a tad softer than the 98, depending on your machine and stringing routine that can happen easily (one guy in my club strung 2 rackets for his friend - both supposedly 12kg. One sounded like 12,5, the other like 11....).
    I have no idea what kind of machine you got, but anything below professional grade machines can have very different results depending on the way you string (i.e. how fast you pull, how well your clamps hold the tension, in case of a drop weight - how well you balance the lever etc.).
    That being said, I'm a fan of the NBG98 myself (although the better I get, the more the slickness irritates me at the net), so I understand why you like it better than the BG80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the NBG98 softer than the BG80... But I would definitely recommend a thinner string for the LYD... I consider the LYD a pure doubles racket so I suggest BG66M. Since I sold my LYD to my friend, I'll see what he thinks since I have a reel of BG66M

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone sell me on the LYD. I'm a huge fan of the Braveswords and have been eyeing off the LYD and BS15 since they came out, but they're not setting my world on fire. Seems like the BS10, BS15 and LYD all have the same spec, just with their own nuances.

Tell me what you love about your LYD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I hear it depends somewhat on where you live The european version of the BS10 is definitely different, being stiffer and even-balanced, whereas the LYD is slightly head-heavy and stiff (but not as stiff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Maklike is asking owners of an LYD to explain to him what's so special about it. Not just simple specs such as slightly head-heavy and stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like the BS10, BS15 and LYD all have the same spec
    I dunno, but if you call balance point and flex a nuance, then all badminton rackets are pretty much identical.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast