User Tag List

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping to test this racket in the next two weeks. I look forward to writing a review.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I am hoping to test this racket in the next two weeks. I look forward to writing a review. Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    And I look forward to your review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a couple of BS LYD and had them strung with VS850 @ 29lbs as normal (same as I had on my MX80s)

I couldn't seem to get on with this racket, maybe my timing was just off but it definitely didn't feel as solid as the MX80. My touch shots were good, racket speed is very good (marginally quicker for me than the MX80) but the main area where I found it was lacking was in the power department compared to the MX80 (and the likes of the VT-80 etc)

I've not given up on it, I'll try it again on my next session on Monday and see how I get on, maybe my timing wasn't right yet, maybe the strings hadn't settled yet so hopefully Monday will do better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaz` View Post
    I just got a couple of BS LYD and had them strung with VS850 @ 29lbs as normal (same as I had on my MX80s)

I couldn't seem to get on with this racket, maybe my timing was just off but it definitely didn't feel as solid as the MX80. My touch shots were good, racket speed is very good (marginally quicker for me than the MX80) but the main area where I found it was lacking was in the power department compared to the MX80 (and the likes of the VT-80 etc)

I've not given up on it, I'll try it again on my next session on Monday and see how I get on, maybe my timing wasn't right yet, maybe the strings hadn't settled yet so hopefully Monday will do better!
    Looking forward for your racket opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this racket made in Taiwan or China?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does this compare with bs09 and mx70....

Currently I have bs09 looking to either upgrade to mx70 or lyd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having tried the LYD before, I have a couple hits with the MX70 yesterday, All I can say even tho they have the same specs, both MX70 and BS LYD has different feels and strong areas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polaroid: care to share the differnce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really have a full time with it, since I don't own them, so I can not give any true feelings about these two rackets yet.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen that there is something funny about victor/lyd weights - some weights do not match the specified underweight e.g. stated as 3u but actually 92 grams.

Can I get some clarification as to dry weight of these rackets in grams, please?

If '3u' are really 92g then I will get a 4u (if I finally pull the trigger )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having used both, I can say that bs09 is faster and more aero then mx70. The mx70 feels like an all around racket and I think the overall weight is heavier then the bs09. Also, because of the stiffer shaft on the mx70 (if you can use it to its full potential that is) you should be able to hit harder. In my case, I could generate a bit more power then the bs09, but getting into drive battles didn't feel the same lol.
    To me, there was nothing unique about the mx70, it was just another racket out there. I don't think the mx70 is a good replacement for the bs09. I have yet to try the BS LYD but according to some friends, its not that great while some of my other friends swear by it, only because I think they're just LYD fans
    what specifically are you looking for in the mx70? like what do you want out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucsy View Post
    How does this compare with bs09 and mx70....

Currently I have bs09 looking to either upgrade to mx70 or lyd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking for a slight increase in power and faster response time from the racket but not losing too much of speed in the racket department.. Currently more of a wrist player.. Thus I am looking for a slightly stiff racket and head heavy racket
    Quote Originally Posted by JukUx View Post
    Having used both, I can say that bs09 is faster and more aero then mx70. The mx70 feels like an all around racket and I think the overall weight is heavier then the bs09. Also, because of the stiffer shaft on the mx70 (if you can use it to its full potential that is) you should be able to hit harder. In my case, I could generate a bit more power then the bs09, but getting into drive battles didn't feel the same lol. To me, there was nothing unique about the mx70, it was just another racket out there. I don't think the mx70 is a good replacement for the bs09. I have yet to try the BS LYD but according to some friends, its not that great while some of my other friends swear by it, only because I think they're just LYD fans what specifically are you looking for in the mx70? like what do you want out of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking for a slight increase in power and faster response time from the racket but not losing too much of speed in the racket department.. Currently more of a wrist player.. Thus I am looking for a slightly stiff racket and head heavy racket
    May i suggest MX80 i believe it has the power and does not sacrifice much on the speed dept. Worth trying. The stiffness wont be an issue if we are not lazy playing the shots hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mx80 I am really scare I cannot get use to that stiffness... I have never really like to use stiff packets.. And no one in my group uses victor racket
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    May i suggest MX80 i believe it has the power and does not sacrifice much on the speed dept. Worth trying. The stiffness wont be an issue if we are not lazy playing the shots hehehe

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    I have seen that there is something funny about victor/lyd weights - some weights do not match the specified underweight e.g. stated as 3u but actually 92 grams.

Can I get some clarification as to dry weight of these rackets in grams, please?

If '3u' are really 92g then I will get a 4u (if I finally pull the trigger )
    you're quoting the 92g from their catalogue right?

in that case, that includes strings... that's why

strings are 4g, so that racket is 88g

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you're coming from a bs9, then bs10 would be your most logical choice that would be stiffer and faster responding

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    you're quoting the 92g from their catalogue right?

in that case, that includes strings... that's why

strings are 4g, so that racket is 88g
    I had a different experience with Victor. See the thread ..

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ontrol-issues?

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast