User Tag List

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    you're quoting the 92g from their catalogue right?

in that case, that includes strings... that's why

strings are 4g, so that racket is 88g
    Are these 88g 3U or 4U?

Mine is DEL-coded (Germany) and was declared with the 92g too. I'm pretty sure it's 3U. I'm not wrong with that, am I?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Are these 88g 3U or 4U?

Mine is DEL-coded (Germany) and was declared with the 92g too. I'm pretty sure it's 3U. I'm not wrong with that, am I?
    that would be a 3u

i've had various victor rackets (several mx80's and mx70's, mx60, sw30, bs12) and the 3u's weigh 86-88g, whereas the 4u's weigh 84-85g dry ... so i'd say victor is pretty consistent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
    Looking forward for your racket opinion
    Right finally had 2 good sessions with this racket. Seems like it was the strings that needed to settle and my timing which needed to adjust to the racket.

This thing is an absolute beast. I find I'm smashing harder with this than with the MX80, and more consistently. The swing speed is incredible and manoeuvrability is top notch too. If anything, touch shots are a bit less precise than the MX80 but that could just be me still adjusting to a new racket/strings. Only thing was that my arm was worn out after a 2 hour session of big smashes.

I used a friends VT-80 straight after this, and in my opinion, this is much more similar to the VT in terms of feel than the MX80, similar balance, similar swing, bit more manoeuvrable.

Now I'm not sure what I want as my main racket, the MX80 or the LYD. I'm mighty impressed with the LYD though!

Victor all the way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaz` View Post
    Right finally had 2 good sessions with this racket. Seems like it was the strings that needed to settle and my timing which needed to adjust to the racket.

This thing is an absolute beast. I find I'm smashing harder with this than with the MX80, and more consistently. The swing speed is incredible and manoeuvrability is top notch too. If anything, touch shots are a bit less precise than the MX80 but that could just be me still adjusting to a new racket/strings. Only thing was that my arm was worn out after a 2 hour session of big smashes.

I used a friends VT-80 straight after this, and in my opinion, this is much more similar to the VT in terms of feel than the MX80, similar balance, similar swing, bit more manoeuvrable.

Now I'm not sure what I want as my main racket, the MX80 or the LYD. I'm mighty impressed with the LYD though!

Victor all the way!
    Oh no! Oh ****! This is so tempting. I already have 2 main rackets MX60 (my bright side) and BS15 (my dark side). Do I need to get the third one now?

Both my racket string with BG66U 24-25 lbs and Wilson overgrip on original grip. The BP of MX60 is 300mm and BP BS15 is 296mm. But when you hold it the BS15 feel a little HH than MX60. I think this is because BS15 has more weight at 12 o'clock and weight is even distribute at MX60 head or more weight at T joint. This make the MX60 more easy to control and good all round racket in all areas and has decent power too. Its feel butter smooth.

The BS15 has different feel. Its more "wild" and need a bit more effort to control. Its more powerful in power drive, net kill and smash but a little bit weak in defense compare to MX60. Its a fun racket to play with. you feel more "Oom" when smash.

So for me MX60 is a more control and defensive racket and BS15 is more offensive racket. When I want to go to the bright side I choose MX60 and go to the dark side I choose BS15.

Do I need LYD as third racket? Oh my poor little wallet. Can somebody just borrow the LYD racket for me to try. Please................ Somebody help me.

Hi shaz, how do feel the LYD shaft stiffness compare to MX80?. I only use medium to medium stiff racket and I think MX80 is too stiff for me. And you said LYD has similar feel to VT80. Does it feel as stiff as VT80 too? As I understand LYD is medium stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lyd is stiff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmteo View Post
    Hi shaz, how do feel the LYD shaft stiffness compare to MX80?. I only use medium to medium stiff racket and I think MX80 is too stiff for me. And you said LYD has similar feel to VT80. Does it feel as stiff as VT80 too? As I understand LYD is medium stiff.
    Don't get the wrong idea, it's nowhere near as heavy as the VT80. Completely different racket. The stiffness could be about the same though, the LYD is stiffer than medium. TBH I haven't played with a single Yonex racket as quick as the LYD....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used a VT80 for a short while before I've sold it. VT80 is much stiffer and also head heavier.
    I don't know where this comparison come from.
    The only thing which is comparable is maybe the weight. If you hold them in your hands, they feel like very light rackets. And they ARE light.
    VT80 got more oomph, but I didn't like its stiffness, while BS LYD's stiffness is still comfortable to me.
    BS LYD also swings much much faster.

It's an extremely good doubles racket.
    Does anyone here use it for singles too?

For singles it's lacking in power for my taste. Or it's just me due the fact that the preparation time for the smash is shorter than in doubles.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It lacks a bit of beef for singles - not enough weight in the head. In singles, I usually have more overall time for the stroke, but don't get behind the shuttle as often and have less time to prepare a smash in most cases. For me, a singles racket has to have either the flexibility or the head heaviness to make base-to-base clears at shoulder level beside the body easy. The rackets I play most singles with are the BS09 (flexible enough to help with clears, maneouvrable for good net play), the N90 (very easy overhead play, but a bit clumsy around the net and in defense, requires good forearm strength) and the N70 (very high head weight-to-stiffness ratio - very flexible for it's head weight. Incredibly easy clears, makes crosscourt backhand clears possible for me, but lacks control on quick shots and is a bit clumsy around the net as well).
    For those who have not seen me, I play a rather controlled game, not a very high pace but based on good control and solid technique. As I like to play wrist smashes when intercepting flat clears, the BS09 is better suited to my game than the N90, but I still like to play with it as it has such great feel.

To make it short: the BS LYD is not a very good racket for singles, of course there'll be exceptions, but the majority of players will find it's lacking head weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a Victor BS LYD but I don't know whether if it could suite my taste.

Owned but ranked rackets from best(no.1) to last:
    1) Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH
    2) Victor MX-80
    3) LiNing N50II
    4) Kason F9
    5) Yonex Armortec 70 MG LCW

My style of playing:
    *mostly uses my Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH* in all my games, *mostly plays in doubles* but also sometimes plays singles, mostly the *backcourt* guy but sometimes plays front when bored at the back.

P.S Please be more concentrate on the * signs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although LYD can pack a punch too, it's not really designed for back court play. Doesn't mean it won't be good But might as well wait for the MX-JJS reviews to appear, as that may be more suitable.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. For a back court player who occasionally goes forward, the LYD is probably not the right choice of racket. Although personally I don't see the ArcZS as a great back court racket either. The LYD is not as head heavy, so it'll probably take a bit more effort to put pace on the shuttle from the back than with the ZS, although it's completely superior at the front. But as that isn't your focus, I'd advise you to look elsewhere....maybe the BS10 or 11, those are head heavier and both a bit quicker than the ZS. Concerning stiffness they're on both sides of it, the 10 being stiffer and the 11 softer. If you can, you should test both, otherwise make an educated guess which stiffness would suit you more and go with that....
    The MX-JJS is probably gonna be another x-stiff racket, and thus a long shot from a ZS. Not too advisable imop.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used BS10 once. It felt somewhat of head light.
    It was a tad quicker than BS LYD but got also less oomph, because it felt head light for me.
    Are you sure that BS10 is head heavier?

The owner of this BS10 confirmed my impression.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I measured all Braveswords I have and the BS LYD - the BS10 and 09 has very similar BPs (1-2mm difference), and the LYD was more than 5mm below that. The BS10 is the most powerful of the BS series if you know how to use it - the stiff shaft is able to produce more power than the others...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think somebody mentioned that the MXJJS is slightly more flexy than his previous racket. I don't know how much though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If LYD almost as stiff as BS10, why Victor rate LYD as S 4/5 and and BS10 S 5/5? If BS9 and 10 is HH than LYD why Victor rate BS9 and 10 HH 3/5 and LYD 4/5?

That confusing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 10 isn't rated 3/5HH, it's 4/5. So is the stiffness on mine, I believe...and it IS stiffer than the LYD. The scale is just an INDICATION. You can't possibly rate all rackets so accurately that you could do a scale of 1-100.....or anything of the sort. Apart from that the distribution of the weight also plays a huge rule in determining how a racket plays, and I haven't seen a scale for that yet. So take the Victor ratings for what they are, a first indication to rule out the rackets that wouldn't suit you at all.

Anyway, the BS10 is available in different ratings across the world, so there is no telling which version is actually how stiff and how it compares to other rackets. All I can say is that a German BS10 is noticeably head heavier than a German BS LYD, similar in balance to a BS09 but actually feels a tad heavier (probably weight distributed more to the top) and can pack more of a punch.

Btw, personally I prefer the rough indication those ratings offer to nothing at all (like Li Ning or Yonex). In the end, you should always test a racket for yourself, and once you found one you feel really comfortable with, stick to it as long as possible.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 06-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    The 10 isn't rated 3/5HH, it's 4/5.
    This is taken from Victor website. Its rated 3/5HH. Not sure is for EU or Asia. But in reality HH than 4/5HH LYD. And both from same BS series. That why I said its confuse.
    Product Features
    The Brave Sword 10 uses new technology to reduce air resistance during a swing by 10%. The diamond-shaped design cuts through the air like a sword, vastly reducing air resistance while encouraging nimble handling. While the inner-waves technology provides more consistent stable shots. great racket for those who are looking for a stiff frame.
    Product Specification
    Shaft Stiffness : S●○○○○F
    Length : 675 mm
    Weight : 3U / 4U
    Frame : Ultra high modulus graphite+Nano Resin
    Shaft : Ultra high modulus graphite+Nano Resin +7.0 shaft
    Grip size:G2
    Balance:HH○○●○○HL (HH=head heavy----HL=Head light)
    Last edited by cmteo; 06-24-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast