User Tag List

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Don't get the wrong idea, it's nowhere near as heavy as the VT80. Completely different racket. The stiffness could be about the same though, the LYD is stiffer than medium. TBH I haven't played with a single Yonex racket as quick as the LYD....
    I think 'nowhere near as heavy as the VT80' is a bit of a statement. I played with both, back to back, and the VT80 felt marginally more head heavy and slightly stiffer but again, not as vast as you imply. Before using the racket, I thought it was a big gap like this too, but in reality, not so much.

My friend who has the VT80 used my LYD while I used his VT80, and he commented the same. More manoeuvrable with a very marginal difference in power.

Also saying it's not suited to back court play, not how I found it also. I was at the back, hitting down smashes with the confidence that I could keep doing it all day long, knowing opponents would struggle to get them back.

I didn't feel such a big difference between the VT80 and LYD as some make out. Now I have the ominous decision to make between my MX80 and LYD as which will be my primary racket!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well as I said there are different versions of it floating around, same for the 11. Mine is rated 4/5 for both stiffness and balance and is most definitely head heavier than the BS LYD, which (while rated 4/5) is NOT as head heavy as a 3/5 rated BS09. It had decidedly less punch than it, and that was my lighter BS..,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holding the VT-80 and BS LYD at the same time, actual feel was a similar level of head heaviness. And compared to my MX80, marginally less stiff, but this could be skewed due to the different balance of the racket (more even vs head heavy)

As you said, could be variations in the rackets.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received a LYD for testing last week.

Having tested the racquet, and having my VT80 at the side of the court for comparisons, there are clear differences between the two racquets.

I will be writing my review next week. It may be my last racquet review - not sure yet.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got my BS LYD today !!! looking forward to get it strung on friday and test it on saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I received a LYD for testing last week.

Having tested the racquet, and having my VT80 at the side of the court for comparisons, there are clear differences between the two racquets.

I will be writing my review next week. It may be my last racquet review - not sure yet.

Paul
    Hi Paul, I'm having a BS15. Not sure you try it before but how is LYD compare to BS11 or BS10. I like medium stiff flex and a bit head heavy racket like BS15 and VT7. I believe LYD is more similar flex to BS11 but some said similar to BS10. Not sure about the HH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look forward to your review, why the last one?

I was meaning more so compared to the MX80, that the LYD is more like the VT-80. To be honest, in play, they felt a very similar style of racket.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS15 is not sold in UK and therefore I cannot test or review it.

LYD review will go live on my blog next week. After that i need a rest from racquet reviews because it's getting too much. I have around 14 reviews to write and not enough hours in the day to write them.

So I have decided that i will not do any more tests for some time to allow me to catch up and also to write coaching articles. I may also see if I can upload some coaching videos from Lilleshall.

Paul

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    BS15 is not sold in UK and therefore I cannot test or review it.

LYD review will go live on my blog next week. After that i need a rest from racquet reviews because it's getting too much. I have around 14 reviews to write and not enough hours in the day to write them.

So I have decided that i will not do any more tests for some time to allow me to catch up and also to write coaching articles. I may also see if I can upload some coaching videos from Lilleshall.

Paul
    Take your time Paul, It's better for you if you work at a comfortable pace

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks Drew

I just want to do so much and haven't the time to do it.

I have so many ideas and yet can't even commit to paper to build on them. Even simple things like walking players through how I re-built Matt's overhead and the power he is now showing due to the changes, even though it is not 100% yet.

These articles interest me just as much, if not more than the racquet reviews.

Thanks for your support!

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the user of BS LYD, what strings and what tension you use on the LYD ??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
    Currently I have BG66Sharp on it and it's the best combo compared to the NBG98, BG80 and BG66UM. 11 kg (about 25 LBS) is always my reference.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
    BS LYD 3U
    VS850, white, 10,5 kg

@carbonexfan: What differences did you notice between BG66S and BG66UM at 11kg?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    BS LYD 3U
    VS850, white, 10,5 kg

@carbonexfan: What differences did you notice between BG66S and BG66UM at 11kg?
    Both were accurate, had power and control, but the BG66UM gave me a metallic feel which I experience as hard feeling. Yonex has a different understanding for hard feeling so I'm sorry for putting this statement in former post. Although BG66UM should have good dampening properties, I did not like it. It didn't gave me the feedback I wanted. Maybe the small frame with shorter mains and crosses were just not right. I like the softer feeling of the BG66Sharp. The harder I smash, more feedback are given which was not the case with the BG66UM. The feeling is a very personal thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I think I wrote something about that a while back - compared the BS LYD and 09 (both strung and gripped exactly the same), and the BS09 was head heavier by more than 5mm. It also felt heavier to swing around, and that was my significantly lighter one which is probably bordering on 4U...
    Place both rackets side by side and compare the overall length and side frame profile. You shall find out why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, i am currently using VT80 4U , wish to get BS LYD should i go for 3U or 4U? just afraid the LYD 4U too light but wish to get info from u guys. thks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CarbonexFax: Ok, thanks for responding. That should mean you rather like softer strings? What I know from my last BG66UM is that I very like its sharpness and its repulsion. It gave me so much more feedback than a NBG98 for example (which has the same thickness. On the other hand, there must be a good reason why LCW is using BG66S and not UM :P

Quote Originally Posted by betazone View Post
    Hi Guys, i am currently using VT80 4U , wish to get BS LYD should i go for 3U or 4U? just afraid the LYD 4U too light but wish to get info from u guys. thks
    I think both of these rackets will feel light in your hands. BUT: On the court, the VT80 will be noticable heavier due its head heaviness.
    Are you sure you wanna compare these two rackets? For me, they are absolutely not to comparable.

While VT80 is head heavy but still fast and superb for singles, the BS LYD is delivering superb performance in doubles and especially in the front court area, defence and in drives. But it also still has power for smashes.
    Unfortunately I don't like BS LYD for singles because it doesn't give me the "Boom" in singles. In doubles it is no problem to smash with it due the fact that you're more often on the back court AND you're more prepared to smash.
    Well, that's my experience. My techniques are still improvable and maybe it's the lazyness. Maybe these are the bigger reasons :P

Just to let you know: BS LYD is completely different to VT80.

I'd go for 3U. Voltric's are the only one series which I'd go for 4U. All other rackets in 4U will probably lack in power a little bit, imho.

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast