User Tag List

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 443 to 459 of 673
  1. #443
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey guys,

    need your help. I got money to spend and I'm looking for a new racket since a few month. As a attacking minded player I'm used to super stiff rackets. E.g. FZ Ti-550 VS, MX80, SW35 and BS10. I tried flexible rackets in the past and some new flexible rackets from my mates, but I don't benifit from them.
    So I'm willing to get the BS LYD and hold it in my hands in a shop of a friend. But the Arc ZS caught my attention too and I'm curios about a second superstiff FZ. Especially the Kevlar CNT-Power 10000 VS which has the sword frame design. Maybe the BS LYD could to be too flexible for me?
    Maybe some of you can help me to make a decision.

  2. #444
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bandar Sri Damansara
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lyd is stiff but i do feel a little flex when drive and smash. with good technique and strong arm i think it is possible to flex any racket like what jjs did to his mx80. xp

  3. #445
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know that I can flex the 550 VS which is the stiffest racket I ever tried, but the BS LYD could be to flexy for me. Like the SP22 which I sold, cause it was too flexy for me.

  4. #446
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont own one so I'm not 100% sure about it, but to me the BS LYD seemed like a nicely stiff racket to me. Probably on par with the BS10 or a tad stiffer in feeling (because of the smaller, lighter head creating less resistance). It's not very head heavy though. It's definitely not super stiff like the MX80, but should not be too flexible.....definitely recommend it over the Arc ZS (which is not even stiff imop).

  5. #447
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does the BS LYD feels like a less stiff BS10? Can anybody compare? Thank you.

  6. #448
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That'll depend on the BS version - afaik there are several with different specs floating around. Mine are 4/5 in both stiffness and balance, and felt about the same as the LYD (which I did not test with good strings though).

  7. #449
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much is the LYD in the UK and where can you buy them from?

    I haven't seen any in the shops/online shops?

  8. #450
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm gonna try out the BS LYD next week during my school practices. I am currently playing with a BS08 (discontinued). before guetting the BS08, I tried the BS10 but didn't really like it because of its stifness and it's head weight. Hopefully the BSLYD will suit me good and hope to have a blast ^^ I love the design :P

  9. #451
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T0b11 View Post
    I'm gonna try out the BS LYD next week during my school practices. I am currently playing with a BS08 (discontinued). before guetting the BS08, I tried the BS10 but didn't really like it because of its stifness and it's head weight. Hopefully the BSLYD will suit me good and hope to have a blast ^^ I love the design :P
    i do have both BS12 (4U) and BS LYD (3U).. i love BS LYD design too, but im prefer BS12 to play with..more suit to my playing style..maybe because of its stifness and weight, im prefer BS12..

    wanna buy my BS LYD? MY code..=)

  10. #452
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostmint View Post
    i do have both BS12 (4U) and BS LYD (3U).. i love BS LYD design too, but im prefer BS12 to play with..more suit to my playing style..maybe because of its stifness and weight, im prefer BS12..wanna buy my BS LYD? MY code..=)
    The BS12 is cool too with its blue color xP i would be interested, but itll depend on your price and shipping. At the shop i go at they sell it a 219,99$ (canadian). Bit first of ill need to check out if ill like it or not ^^You can pm me the price if you want.

  11. #453
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T0b11 View Post
    The BS12 is cool too with its blue color xP i would be interested, but itll depend on your price and shipping. At the shop i go at they sell it a 219,99$ (canadian). Bit first of ill need to check out if ill like it or not ^^You can pm me the price if you want.
    If you didn't like the BS10, chances are you won't like the LYD. While not quite as stiff, it's close to it...

  12. #454
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    If you didn't like the BS10, chances are you won't like the LYD. While not quite as stiff, it's close to it...
    Maybe, maybe not :P

  13. #455
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southampton City, England
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by James.Foo View Post
    Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a Victor BS LYD but I don't know whether if it could suite my taste.

    Owned but ranked rackets from best(no.1) to last:
    1) Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH
    2) Victor MX-80
    3) LiNing N50II
    4) Kason F9
    5) Yonex Armortec 70 MG LCW

    My style of playing:
    *mostly uses my Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH* in all my games, *mostly plays in doubles* but also sometimes plays singles, mostly the *backcourt* guy but sometimes plays front when bored at the back.

    P.S Please be more concentrate on the * signs
    I'm an Arcsaber Z-slash TH user. I love it very much. I'd bought and tried Victor BS-LYD for couple of months, I don't think you'll gonna love it compared to Yonex AC Z-slash TH. Here's my opinion.

    Smash power
    Arcsber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    Control and Accuracy
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    Defence
    Arcsaber Z-S TH=BS-LYD

    Clears
    Arcsaber Z-S TH<BS-LYD

    Drives
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    I hope it'll help. I'm keeping my yonex. I sold my Victor BS-LYD, sorry to mention although I'm a Lee Yong Dae fan. I you like MX 80, you better off getting a more flexible one like the MX60, which is less funishing to the arm and elbow.

  14. #456
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taufik-LYD View Post
    I'm an Arcsaber Z-slash TH user. I love it very much. I'd bought and tried Victor BS-LYD for couple of months, I don't think you'll gonna love it compared to Yonex AC Z-slash TH. Here's my opinion.

    Smash power
    Arcsber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    Control and Accuracy
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    Defence
    Arcsaber Z-S TH=BS-LYD

    Clears
    Arcsaber Z-S TH<BS-LYD

    Drives
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

    I hope it'll help. I'm keeping my yonex. I sold my Victor BS-LYD, sorry to mention although I'm a Lee Yong Dae fan. I you like MX 80, you better off getting a more flexible one like the MX60, which is less funishing to the arm and elbow.
    Hm. Can't agree on the control and can't say much about the smash power. For me, the LYD was much quicker and felt stiffer so it's more controlled for me (and should be for most). It was better in defence due to the speed advantage, same goes for drives.
    I couldn't compare smash power due to the inadequate string on the LYD, but it's quite possible the ZS has the edge there as it's softer and head heavier which suits me better.
    Tbh, your opinion seems a little biased as I've rarely seen anyone rate a racket better in defence AND smashing than a top-of-the-line counterpart Also, why is either racket better in the respective aspects? If you didn't get used to the LYD, it's no wonder it couldn't compare to your go-to...

  15. #457
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Hm. Can't agree on the control and can't say much about the smash power. For me, the LYD was much quicker and felt stiffer so it's more controlled for me (and should be for most). It was better in defence due to the speed advantage, same goes for drives.
    I couldn't compare smash power due to the inadequate string on the LYD, but it's quite possible the ZS has the edge there as it's softer and head heavier which suits me better.
    Tbh, your opinion seems a little biased as I've rarely seen anyone rate a racket better in defence AND smashing than a top-of-the-line counterpart Also, why is either racket better in the respective aspects? If you didn't get used to the LYD, it's no wonder it couldn't compare to your go-to...
    Cant agree more kinda bias comparison made there, no offence bro Taufik-LYD
    I've used BDS LYD for few long session last night and felt the control is pretty good
    Defenses and drives is much easier but the timing off a bit tho too quick
    For those who are looking for power smash, tis racket may not suit. Better off wif MX series IMHO

  16. #458
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,602
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel every racket has its strength and weakness.

    If want a really powerful racket, there is none other than Li Ning N90 1st generation

  17. #459
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    If want a really powerful racket, there is none other than Li Ning N90 1st generation
    Don't agree. There are much more rackets. E.G. SW35, AT700, VT80, VTZF and many more. Stop your lovefest.

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Brave Sword 09, Lee Yong Dae Racket, KR coded
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 10-13-2011, 01:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •