User Tag List

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it white..looks elegant..hahahahaha

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too heavy? What do you play with, then??
    Having another testing session with it tomorrow. Dry, it's about the same as my Bs09...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*dry-swinging

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racket not bad.. 1 comment is stiffer than BS 9 .. , smashes more power

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LYD first came to Victor he used Brave Sword 9 right? So I assume the BS-LYD is just BS9 with different paint jobs. But now both LYD and his partner are using the Brave Sword 12. Why is that? If it's the newest Brave Sword maybe they're helping to advertise it?

If BS9 and BS-LYD are really one in the same, I'm going to just get BS9 to save some money. I'm tempted to get the BS12 just to try out as well. Such a difficult decision.. haha

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bs09 and LYD are pretty different. Bs09 and 12 are in fact nearly the same as far as I can tell (considering weight variation, they might actually be just the same).
    LYD is stiffer and surprisingly just a tad head heavier than the Bs09 (although the balance indicated otherwise).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinions are identical to j4ckie's.
    BS09 is rather equal to BS12. BS09 and BS12 feel pretty balanced for me.
    BS LYD is head heavier. Not really heavy, but noticable head heavier for me.

Logically BS LYD should be more powerful, but I don't use it too often, because I don't like it too much. Therefore I can't comment this aspect.
    Probably it was only its design and all the hype of the racket why I've sold my VT80 for this racket

Actually I like BS12 more than BS LYD, sinced it's more balanced and faster during doubles. Very probably I'm not used to light head heavy rackets. I've noticed this when I was testing Victor's newest Light Fighter 7400. It's really light and really head heavy and really didn't match to me

But I've seen some skillful players in our country playing BS LYD in singles and doubles.

One thing is sure: It's not that fast as any other Braveswords, but it is still a Bravesword with its "cut-through-the-air" characteristic
    Last edited by Accordaz; 04-16-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I didn't think it was that head heavy. Just a bit slower than my Bs09, which is on the lighter end of 3U...the stupid string made it impossible to feel anything really, so I can only say a bit about the swinging characteristics. It's faster than the N55II, about on par with the Arc11 - although to be fair it has a thinner grip, which makes rackets feel head heavier to me. I'll see if I have the time to swing it around some more on Thursday, but with a tournament on Saturday in mind I might want to concentrate on preparation.

Not having played with a Bs11 in a long time and never having touched a Bs15 I can't really say where it ranks in the Bs lineup concerning speed. It's slower than the 09/12 though, and probably the 10 as well (didn't compare yesterday).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also didn't state that BS LYD is really head heavy. But it is noticable head heavier Not much, but noticable.
    It is slower than BS10 as well. It can be told by swinging only.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure can be - but only if pretty much everything is the same (grip, string, dry weight). Still, it's obviously a Bravesword, only few other rackets will surpass it in terms of speed (a couple Nanorays, some Babolats....no N-series Li Ning, I think).
    Comparing the Bs10 and LYD dry-swinging, there isn't much between them. The Bs10 has a much sharper sound through the air, perhaps because the head is about .3mm thinner (not the frame profile, but if you measure in line with the radius).

The LYD seems to be marginally slower. Would be very interested in getting one set up with my preferences, but I really doubt I'm allowed to peel of the factory grip

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    but I really doubt I'm allowed to peel of the factory grip
    This is even a bigger No-Go than the "bending-racket-to-test-its-flexibility"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone make a comparison of BSLYD and MX80? Or MX JJS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LYD and BS09 use a different mould. The 09 is thicker at the T, and without having the two in front of me, I think thicker everywhere. The LYD still uses the same slightly shorter head design though. The closest comparison for me for the BSLYD is the MX70 or maybe even the BS10.

Both the BS09 and LYD are not the BS12. The weighting and flexibility might be similar, but the 12 uses the 'standard' head design of the 10 and 11. The 12 I had felt weird - like all the weight was in the T - and it's BP was 288 making it way too headlight for me anyway so I never grew to like it.

The LYD is just a bizarre racket and an even more bizarre marketing plan, frankly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I measured, The Bs09 and BsLYD are actually the same thickness around the frame and shaft. Didn't measure the T-joint. The LYD somehow looks like it has a smaller head to me, but in fact it doesn't (only a couple mm).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... Is BS LYD 2013 Lengh of shaft equal to YY VTZF?

I'm considering to get LYD2013. But since I've been using VTZF which got
    a long shaft, I need more infos. I understand if I switch to LYD2013 then probably
    my smash power would be reduced.

But.. I'm in love with the colour way since I didn't have a
    chance to get my hands on YY ARC Z-Slash Taufik Hidayat T.T

So please pleaseee, anyone knows?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaft length and smash power are most certainly not proportional. Much more important are the weight and balance of the racket - the BS LYD is a balanced racket, not very head heavy like the VT-ZF. That will make it feel unfamiliar at first and likely cause a temporary loss of power. With correct technique, one should be able to get roughly the same power out of both rackets though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Shaft length and smash power are most certainly not proportional. Much more important are the weight and balance of the racket - the BS LYD is a balanced racket, not very head heavy like the VT-ZF. That will make it feel unfamiliar at first and likely cause a temporary loss of power. With correct technique, one should be able to get roughly the same power out of both rackets though.
    Yeah, maybe I'm going to put some lead tapes on the head .
    Do u have both of them? I still need the detail of the shaft length cause when playing singles
    It's easier IMO to reach the shuttle with a longer shaft. I've tested my VTZF and my friend's
    YY nanospeed lambda. It's just hard to get the feel when I switched from long shaft to a shorter shaft