User Tag List

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have neither of them Tested both, though, and have a few hits with the ZF LTD of a friend from training from time to time.

Easier to reach the shuttle? You do realize that a longer shaft only means it has a shorter head/handle, right? The total length is actually the same...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flogge20 View Post
    Really like the Bs LYD but i have some Trouble with the Production Variation:
    I own 4 of These rackets but they are completly different. Weight ist between 92 to 102 gr. All with the Same String and Same grip. The Balance is different too. Frome really Head Heavy to nearly Balanced, all in these 4. Hate that. I talked to my retailer and he said, it could Happen weithin Victor. Dependance all in production Factory and Date. Thats why i will replace in soon mayer Arc11. Hope Not to habe These Big tolerance
    My. Thought. Exactly.

This goes for every racket I've owned.

Solution: Get at least 6 and pick out the ones most similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I have neither of them Tested both, though, and have a few hits with the ZF LTD of a friend from training from time to time.

Easier to reach the shuttle? You do realize that a longer shaft only means it has a shorter head/handle, right? The total length is actually the same...
    Really? maybe my friend's YY Nano lambda is fake then ( since it made in China ), cause the grip is on the same size.

Still, when defending against cross-court-smash ( in singles ) I could reach better, the same
    too when I tried my friend's YY Arc 10 .

But not the same with YY Arc Z Slash -_- , I don't know why, but I did like 5 miss hits with the Z slash ( 2x clears, 2x drops , and once when I tried to counter a tight net shot ) . That Z Slash got issues with me even though it has the same shaft length, at that moment, I felt like I haven't been playing for 2 weeks LoL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my first Victor racket the other day - a BS LYD. Until now I've been using Armortech and Voltric. I felt I needed a doubles racket as my defense and fast flat play were taking a toll when I played with my VT80 or VTZF. As it was my first BS racket at all, I was worried about how it would play out since the stiffness and head heavyness are different from the Voltric but my first impression of the racket is that it is a good racket indeed suitable for doubles.

Every shot felt effortless and maybe it's because of the SWORD tech? I've never experienced a racket being this fast before, yet giving me enough power to produce fast shots.
    The only thing I felt was off were the "vibrations" of the racket when you hit the shuttle. It doesn't bother me that much and I stopped thinking about it after a while, but you can definitely feel it. I'm curious what causes this. If I'm not mistaken I think I've read somewhere else as well that Victor rackets have vibrations and didn't fully understand it until now after I tested one myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex has a very dull feeling, so since you've been using those rackets it's not surprising. Yonex dampens the vibration by adding a filling inside the hollow frame of their (top end) rackets, whilst Victor chooses not to.
    Once you get used to it, you should be able to get a lot more feedback from the BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody knows when will the new LYD on sale in the UK ? some online official stockist dont have the new LYD N

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new LYD will not be available until current stocks in Europe have been cleared. Otherwise Victor will be competing with itself which doesn't make sense.

Expect to see the new colour around September/October.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get them from RKEP Eric.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to be careful about importing Victor into UK. Customs have the power to cease any goods. If this happens then the recipient will lose out.

So in this case, buyer beware.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seize?

But why would they? Is there a racket import ban?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    Seize?

But why would they? Is there a racket import ban?
    Come on, the guy is sponsored by Victor (Victor Europe?) so why would he encourage people to get rackets from sellers in Asia who offer a greater range of products at (usually) a better price?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a difference between import and personal buy. must be no problem ordering one racket to UK.
    MBS also sells new BSLYD, afair.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customs have the power to seize counterfeit goods yeah, but not perfectly legit goods. Dealers may not be allowed to sell imported codes but nothing to stop consumers from doing it ... (of course you should and might be charged local tax on import of ~20%)

One local store here has had the BSLYD N listed for quite some time already and one bc member ordered a BSLYD there but never reported whether or not it was actually the new colour (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...85#post2042885).
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    We have to be careful about importing Victor into UK. Customs have the power to cease any goods. If this happens then the recipient will lose out.

So in this case, buyer beware.

Paul
    Come on Paul, that is just not true as you have presented it.

Why have your things been seized?

Customs officers have the right to seize things within in the UK if any of the following apply:

• excise goods such as alcohol or tobacco if duty has not been properly paid on them
    • items that are banned from the UK or restricted
    • Customs laws or regulations have been broken
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/seized-goods.htm

In short, badminton rackets will not get seized unless you hide coke in the handles.
    Last edited by amleto; 06-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    Come on Paul, that is just not true as you have presented it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/seized-goods.htm

In short, badminton rackets will not get seized unless you hide coke in the handles.
    If they pick it up, you'll need to pay import duty which is around 20%. I've imported powerlifting stuff for my personal use for years and been stung a couple of times for it. No big deal though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    If they pick it up, you'll need to pay import duty which is around 20%. I've imported powerlifting stuff for my personal use for years and been stung a couple of times for it. No big deal though.
    No, import duty is around 0% for badminton rackets. VAT is 20%, though.

And that is totally different to having something 'seized' where you don't ever see it again (barring appeals).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, now i'm confused... I thought import duty and VAT were compulsory for all items; and that the import duty varies (very low for badminton equipment) but VAT (20%) remains constant for all items; and that handling fees may incur as well? Is that right?

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast