User Tag List

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I don't think it is a factory string. direct badminton usually gives some free stuff to you (you should buy from http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk , they are the parent company and if I'm not wrong, a little bit cheaper). high end racket always comes without string (never heard one with string because people will cut it straight away in favor of better string and higher tension)

most likely they string it for you for free. they don't know your preference so they give your starters tension. 20-24lbs.
    Ordered from direct badminton and did get the free stuff (pack of yonex overgrip). I'm guessing they ordered the racquets strung from Victor but I was offered a free string upgrade or a £12 store credit anyway. Opted to go with the factory stringing because I'm curious about vs850 and still in that experimenting stage with string tensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone anyone has experiance with lyd-n? how does it compare to the first gen?
    hoping that it would be a tad more head heavy compaare to the first gen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only held the racket and not played with it yet. I don't expect to get my hands on one until September but from the feel I expect it to be identical.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards the BS11 now, I really need to make my mind up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked my badminton stringer and he tells me the LYD and LYD-N are pretty much the same racquet with different paint jobs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you guys assume it is different? Victor just markets it as new colour and not new specs!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBSwansea

Why BS 11? Have you seen the thread on Lee Hyun Il Bravesword which will be sold in UK from October (ish). Is it that you are looking for a stiffer frame?

I'm thinking of testing BS12 again and using Victor Powerizer to see if I can get more beef and yet retain the speed in defence.

Please get in touch if you want to talk Victor.

Paul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    DBSwansea

Why BS 11? Have you seen the thread on Lee Hyun Il Bravesword which will be sold in UK from October (ish). Is it that you are looking for a stiffer frame?

I'm thinking of testing BS12 again and using Victor Powerizer to see if I can get more beef and yet retain the speed in defence.

Please get in touch if you want to talk Victor.

Paul
    I keep changing my mind. I was looking at the BS LHI on MBS earlier, looks interesting.

What I want really is something similar to an arc8dx but maybe a little faster.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    I keep changing my mind. I was looking at the BS LHI on MBS earlier, looks interesting.

What I want really is something similar to an arc8dx but maybe a little faster.
    Decisions, decisions. You'll never know until you use the racket. Why not buy one and if you dont like it trade it for something else. Its not like we are all pros here who are able to try any racket they like for free. If only.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Decisions, decisions. You'll never know until you use the racket. Why not buy one and if you dont like it trade it for something else. Its not like we are all pros here who are able to try any racket they like for free. If only.....
    At some point I'll bite the bullet and get something, the new season is rapidly approaching so I'll need to make my mind up. Paul's review of the 8DX was very positive so maybe with him now working with Victor, he can advise on something similar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think bs10 would be fairly similar... it has similar stiffness and speed (probably faster), and Paul gave it 5 stars A bit harder to find now, so I'm trying to find a replacement for it (considering the new bs LYD)

On an unrelated note, is the BS LHI out and about now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told that BS LHI and MX-90 will be out late Aug. in HK and Sept. in Taiwan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BDSwansea
    Many thanks for the vote of confidence. I understand why you hesitate because Victor tend to build medium or medium/stiff flex rackets when you're looking for something stiffer. I am currently testing rackets and must confess I've tested a lot of really good rackets and still not made my mind up. My leaning is to BS11, LHI or Lightfighter 7400, although I am also going to test BS12 again but use Powerizer tape and see if that helps. But finding a good stiff shafted racket is proving difficult.
    My thoughts are that the top Victor sponsored players are not using stiff shafted rackets so I'm willing to look at alternatives.
    Keep in touch and I'll you know my thoughts before I write the review. However, I have to say Lightfighter 7400 is moving up the rankings in terms a great combination of stiff light frame and yet it's still head heavy.
    Paul

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, why not a meteor series, the JJS is stiffer than your Vt-80 and the MX80 would be stiffer still. Or even the MX90 might be an option when it is fully available.
    I'm sure you would like the Legend II but its not available outside HK and China.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stiffer than your current racket isn't always the way to go. If you're not pretty unsatisfied with your racket's stiffness, you shouldn't really go stiffer - you're very likely to lose power. If you feel you don't get enough control with your racket in fast exchanges (quick drives, defense) and it's definitely not the strings (i.e. you're past 30lbs) then you can go looking for a stiffer piece of kit...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bear in mind I'm currently using VT80 so it's stiff shaft and head heavy.
    I've got Thruster in my bag and will be testing tomorrow together with BS12. I'll be writing review of Thruster 8000.
    I tested JJS and whilst it's a very good racket, I didn't have enough time with it but enough to know it won't be in my top 3.
    Paul

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Bear in mind I'm currently using VT80 so it's stiff shaft and head heavy.
    I've got Thruster in my bag and will be testing tomorrow together with BS12. I'll be writing review of Thruster 8000.
    I tested JJS and whilst it's a very good racket, I didn't have enough time with it but enough to know it won't be in my top 3.
    Paul
    I found the VT80 to be too flexy when compared to the MX80. The VT80 is head heavy but with a 3.5/5 stiffness rating. The MX80 is 5/5 and so is the SW35. I prefered the MX80 to the VT80 as it was stiffer and complemented to HH characteristics. These are my personal findings but good to give a comparative view to Pauls. I have just got the LYD gen 2 strung with VS850 @ 28lbs so looking forward to testing it out on Tuesday!

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast