User Tag List

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 672
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I already know this website. I prefer to get official informations ^^
    Or: More than one reseller which declares the BS LYD as 3U. tennistown is the one and only Germany shop I know which declares it as a 3U-version.

    I've asked victorsport.com. I'm waiting for their response now. Maybe they know the details.

  2. #121
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man, I'm so glad I don't live in Europe.

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A couple of pix as requested. I don't have a fancy Canon camera and a good macro lens so don't expect high quality. I really like the racket, but paint job is a tad worse than any Yonex I've owned, among which VT80LTD is the best. But who really cares?

    Name:  DSC_6126.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  83.4 KB

    Name:  DSC_6125.jpg
Views: 2113
Size:  105.1 KB

    Name:  DSC_6136.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  28.2 KB

    Name:  DSC_6138.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  19.5 KB

  4. Likes Sealman, moomoo liked this post
  5. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A tad worse? I hope mine not :P

    To all actual lucky BS LYD owners: What is the bp of your racket? Please also notify if the stated bp is measured with overgrips and / or string.

  6. #124
    Regular Member Renmazuo27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see in some of the pictures that there are a few indifferences in the paint. Could just be the first batch.

    Btw Maklike, have they got LYD's in the eastern states now? After seeing Khoai's pics I'm tempted to get one now

  7. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm thinking of switching from my lovely YY NS990 to this BS LYD for getting a bit more power, am i right ? Any NS9900 owner to do a comparision ?

  8. #126
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    I can see in some of the pictures that there are a few indifferences in the paint. Could just be the first batch.Btw Maklike, have they got LYD's in the eastern states now? After seeing Khoai's pics I'm tempted to get one now
    Yep, but the first batch sold real quickly. I think Lucas was saying more LYDs and the BS15 are due in a few weeks.

  9. #127
    Regular Member Renmazuo27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Yep, but the first batch sold real quickly. I think Lucas was saying more LYDs and the BS15 are due in a few weeks.
    Keep me posted mate. How much were they?

  10. #128
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think about 170 strung?

  11. #129
    Regular Member Renmazuo27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's not bad at all! May have to get one from you when they are back in stock

  12. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So yesterday, I had the opportunity to play with the BS LYD edition. To compare, I also brought my BS 10, 11 and 12. The BS LYD was strung with NBG98@11kg and is a 3U-G2 model. All the other BS models are 3U-G3. So this is starting to get confusing. Has Victor reversed the grip size and is G3 larger than G2?

    The colors are a little like the Yonex Arcsaber 10 PG edition, but different. It's a nice catching racket which will attract some attention just because it's white. The head looks more oval rather than isometric to me, but the 'Sword' blade is still there. I didn't compare the dimensions, because I just wanted to play with it!

    I'm not really into balance points because to me, it doesn't say anything about the playability of a racket, and it's easily influenced by adding tape or grip. The BS LYD editions is clearly the most head heavy BS of them all. Since I'm used to a Li Ning N90, this was not really a problem. I thing some of you might find the racket too heavy in balance. The weight made the racket easy to swing and has a lot of power. Because of the weight, the balance and control over the shuttle is very good. If you are off center, you can still have decent control. Too bad the grip size was a little too small for me, and during fast doubles, I mis hit some fast interceptions. Also the head heaviness, forced me to grip the rachet very high. The timing is slightly different compared to the other Braveswords. In terms of power, I would rate this racket higher than he other Braveswords, but just like any offensive racket, it's a compromise between power and speed. I hope to play with it upcoming Friday to give a more detailed review, but for now, this are the first impressions.

  13. Likes moomoo liked this post
  14. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice one, cant wait to hear more from you

  15. #132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post
    So yesterday, I had the opportunity to play with the BS LYD edition. To compare, I also brought my BS 10, 11 and 12. The BS LYD was strung with NBG98@11kg and is a 3U-G2 model. All the other BS models are 3U-G3. So this is starting to get confusing. Has Victor reversed the grip size and is G3 larger than G2?

    The colors are a little like the Yonex Arcsaber 10 PG edition, but different. It's a nice catching racket which will attract some attention just because it's white. The head looks more oval rather than isometric to me, but the 'Sword' blade is still there. I didn't compare the dimensions, because I just wanted to play with it!

    I'm not really into balance points because to me, it doesn't say anything about the playability of a racket, and it's easily influenced by adding tape or grip. The BS LYD editions is clearly the most head heavy BS of them all. Since I'm used to a Li Ning N90, this was not really a problem. I thing some of you might find the racket too heavy in balance. The weight made the racket easy to swing and has a lot of power. Because of the weight, the balance and control over the shuttle is very good. If you are off center, you can still have decent control. Too bad the grip size was a little too small for me, and during fast doubles, I mis hit some fast interceptions. Also the head heaviness, forced me to grip the rachet very high. The timing is slightly different compared to the other Braveswords. In terms of power, I would rate this racket higher than he other Braveswords, but just like any offensive racket, it's a compromise between power and speed. I hope to play with it upcoming Friday to give a more detailed review, but for now, this are the first impressions.
    You found it head heavier than the N90? How about the stiffness compared to the BS10?

  16. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had the opportunity to use my BS LYD today. I used to use the NS9900, so switching to a victor racquet all of a sudden is a pretty big change.

    After playing with it for about 2 hours, I think I have to say I absolutely love the racquet. I used to use the AT 900P before switching to NS9900, so I was used to head heavy racquets... But the BS LYD feels like it is light enough for me to maneuver around the court and react like the NS9900, but also gives me the head heavy power needed to drive, smash, and hit birdies downwards with enough power.

    It is definitely not as heavy as the AT900P that I used to use before, which is perfect because I found that racquet too heavy for me before, and it is not so light like the NS9900 that I am not able to do hard smashes.

    Definitely more stiff than the NS9900, but just swinging it for a bit and you can already tell this is quite an offensive racquet. No wonder lee yong dae uses it. Great racquet and will probably switch from my NS9900 to BS LYD for all my doubles games now.

  17. Likes moomoo liked this post
  18. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for sharing, mate.
    BS LYD is more stiff than NS9900? :-S
    NS9900: 5/5
    BS LYD: 4/5

    What kind of rackets did you play before NS9900 (except AT900P)?

    I'm still waiting. Unfortunately my vendor has confirmed that he will receive the racket in mid March 2012

  19. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iori View Post
    You found it head heavier than the N90? How about the stiffness compared to the BS10?
    I mean that I play with the N90, so the BS LYD is lighter to play with. The BS LYD feels heavier than the other BS's.

    I had 2 days to play with the racket, so I can give a more detailed review of it. First of all: balance. despite the smaller grip, the balance of the BS LYD is very simular to the BS10 and 11. The balance of the BS12 is lighter/more towards the handle, but this was expected from a even balanced racket. If you wonder if it's as head heavy as a Voltric 80 3U-G4, it's not! The VT80 is more than 10mm head heavier. I forgot to mention that the BS10, 11 and 12 were strung with VS850@11 kg.

    Even if the balance is the same as the BS10/11, the feeling of the rackets are not the same. The BS11 feels as the lightest of the 4 when holding in the hand, followed by the BS12, 10 and the BS LYD still feels the most heavier one of the 4 BS's. It's still very easy to play with this racket. Clears and drops were very easy and I can play the shuttle wherever direction I want. Netplay is very solid, but as soon as I want to play some trickshots changing directions fast, or fast defenses trying to get the shuttle back in the backcourt, it let me down. The racket losses his accuracy when I want to accelerate from my wrist. It can be the smaller grip size, but a part of it is due to the wrong string choice. More of this later.

    To compare with the other Brave Swords, I used the 10, 11 and 12. The 12 is really different, so I dropped this one first as direct replacement. It's a even balanced racket and the flex is different. Closest is the BS10 and 11, so I used these close to each other. The BS10 and 11 were easier to play with. Not only the VS850 has more repulsion, because of this repulsion, both racket had more power at the same speed. At the same time, you can feel that the string is softer and doesn't give the solid hard feedback from the NBG98. Both the BS10 and 11 felt lighter and it was easier to defend with the BS10 and 11 with the BS10 being stronger in power, and BS11 faster in maneuverability. I really have the feeling that the BS LYD would been better if it had been strung with VS850. The NBG98 is just to hard feeling for this racket. I let some of my friends play with the racket, and all of them dislikes the LYD because of this feeling. I think this racket would be at his best playing with some softer high repulsion power string like a BG66Sharp or the VS850. The type of player would be more the swing type player and not the wrist player. With the right choice of string, this would be more powerfull than the BS10 and 11. With the current string, the power would be even to the BS10. Hope the string breaks soon, so I can replace this. Really cannot enjoy the combination of the string and racket.

  20. Likes moomoo liked this post
  21. #136
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice review, your accuracy could have dropped due to the smaller grip size. in my experience fat grips give better accuracy and small grip have slightly more power especially if you snap your wrist

    just cut the string! i've done it so many times when i dont like a string or particular tension as i experiment

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Brave Sword 09, Lee Yong Dae Racket, KR coded
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 10-13-2011, 12:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •