User Tag List

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, so far everything I've read says that all of the three rackets I mentioned - as well as the two BS10's I've owned - have balance points between 295-300, and all have the same stiffness. I've owned every Bravesword model. Every second post on this thread seems to contradict the last...one person thinks its as stiff as the 10, the next person doesnt.....one thinks the 10 is head heavier, the next says it's just barely head heavier....

The LYD is a super popular model, but nobody seems to know why, or can express the specs and feel of the racket in a succinct way.

If it's just a nuanced BS10, then I'm not really interested, but if it has something over and above the 10, then I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, then be patient - in 1-2 days, a test version of the LYD is gonna be in my greedy hands, and of course I'm gonna compare it to the 10. The 10 is actually the model I want to move away from as it's just too light for singles and I need to play singles next season, and on a suitable level (compared to last season) as well. Currently the BS09 and LYD are favorites for the spot as go-to racket, although the YY ZF and N55-II are included in that package as well
    After testing, I'll post a shorty about the LYD (the string will be way too soft for a real review), and should it be so good that it's worth the extra bucks compared to the 09 (for 2 LYD I could get 3 09) and I get two, I'll be posting a decent review. However, that will be in a week at the earliest...

3. Likes moomoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one person thinks its as stiff as the 10, the next person doesn`t
    That may be due to the fact that the 10 is available in different flexes (Super stiff vs stiff). The LYD should only be available in stiff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I finally found my true racket!

Please meet my new 'friends'

I used to play with Yonex 9000.
    Then I switched to Victor and used BS10 which I found to be fast but not so much power in clears and smashes.

Finally with BS-LYD I found a complete racket to suit my type of game and skill (doubles-mostly front player, defensive, control, counter attack). With BS-LYD I could counter attack smashes with fast drives and also put more power to my smashes and clears when the situation allows. My reaction to smashes are now faster and my opponents told me that my defence is getting much better than before.

Clears are really effortless now and Smashes is precise in the spot I wanted it to land.

I hope my short review can be helpful to other members
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Likes AlfAhmad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice set of LYD's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my God... You have 4 of BSLYD...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Oh my God... You have 4 of BSLYD...
    I have 2. But that day I found that my 2 friends also have 1 each. So we put it together and took the picture.

BUT they dont seem to get used to BS-LYD yet. Their timing seems to be off and keep hiting the frame.
    They switched back to their old rackets during the game and I kept laughing

10. Likes moomoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fabcargo View Post
    Please meet my new 'friends'

I used to play with Yonex 9000.
    Then I switched to Victor and used BS10 which I found to be fast but not so much power in clears and smashes.

Finally with BS-LYD I found a complete racket to suit my type of game and skill (doubles-mostly front player, defensive, control, counter attack). With BS-LYD I could counter attack smashes with fast drives and also put more power to my smashes and clears when the situation allows. My reaction to smashes are now faster and my opponents told me that my defence is getting much better than before.

Clears are really effortless now and Smashes is precise in the spot I wanted it to land.

I hope my short review can be helpful to other members
    Are your rackets on the outside? The grips are similar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a LYD for testing purposes today, together with some others (including a BS09 since mine broke a while ago).
    First impressions: it's really, really quick, faster than the BS10 but not as head heavy or stiff. The string is way too soft for me, so I'm not gonna be able to judge the feeling and power of it accurately, but so far, it felt like it can be quite powerful if you have enough time and can take the shuttle in front of you. Not so much power when it's gotten past you or you can't prepare properly. The small head makes it kinda similar to a Z-Slash, although it doesn't have that 'wobbly' feeling which the ZS had when I wasn't used to it.
    Compared to a BS09, it's a more defensive racket, with a bit less power (excluding a 100% jump smash). I'll definitely need more time to improve the timing and get a better feeling for it, but so far it wasn't the great offensive racket I pictured. The balance is really not as head heavy as a 4/5 rating would make you believe - it's actually the same as the BS09, which has one overgrip more.
    I'll have more time tomorrow, so I'll do some drills to get a feeling for the basic shots with the racket, but currently it doesn't seem like I'll get one as I need a racket I can use for singles. For that purpose, it seems a little head light and defensive :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly head light, not so stiff, and more defensive than a BS9?? Man, people's opinions on this racket are all over the place.. Gotta try it out for myself as soon as Victor USA gets some more..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's stiff, but not as stiff as a BS10. And not as head heavy. Because of that, it felt more defensive than a BS09, which is head heavier and easier to get some power out of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait.....the BS09 is head heavier than the LYD??

16. Likes niemrieng liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has different feeling about this racket

Victor bad quality control??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems that the feedback for BS LYD are so confusing... hichic... try to follow but got lost

@maklike tier: when will u have one to try???

NR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BSLYD supposed to be the head heaviest of all BS, and have some way around the same stiffness..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Are your rackets on the outside? The grips are similar
    You have good eyes SPOT ON!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Slightly head light, not so stiff, and more defensive than a BS9?? Man, people's opinions on this racket are all over the place.. Gotta try it out for myself as soon as Victor USA gets some more..
    Yes the best option is to try it out on the court hitting shuttles.
    This is what I do when I want a new racket. I dont really bother about the stiffness, head heavy or not etc.

Just my 2 cents

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast