User Tag List

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bs 9 vs bs lyd

Hi Victor Fans: I am thinking of buying BS LYD. Currently i am using BS 9.. How far difference is BS 9 and BS LYD ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EP3-R View Post
    How much is the LYD in the UK and where can you buy them from?

I haven't seen any in the shops/online shops?
    http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop....&product=12231

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Victor Fans: I am thinking of buying BS LYD. Currently i am using BS 9.. How far difference is BS 9 and BS LYD ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post

Thanks
    http://www.giyf.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's already plenty of information available ... Just read it ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BS LYD feel kinda....soft to me @@ Believe me it is not that I have strong arm: The Voltric 7 was my go-to racket for a long time and the recently-joined MX80 3U gave me pain. But what the hell BS LYD just felt like it flexes too much for 4/5 stiffness rating. Maybe it was the slim shaft or what? However makes no mistake it is a very good racket as I can draw power from it almost instantly for quick smashes or net intercepts. I just feel like this is not a racket for back court but rather a fast respond and "quickies" for front court use. Wristy people will like it whether arm-swinging brute will not (poor me).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmteo View Post
    Hi Paul, I'm having a BS15. Not sure you try it before but how is LYD compare to BS11 or BS10. I like medium stiff flex and a bit head heavy racket like BS15 and VT7. I believe LYD is more similar flex to BS11 but some said similar to BS10. Not sure about the HH.
    just from my view as tried both BS12 and BS LYD last week. and i've been using twister F9.
    BS 12 feels a bit light head comparing to F9. so i don't enjoy the BS12 as much as F9.
    But the BS LYD feels much nicer than my F9. mid stiff. the weight on the head is just nice for me.
    Just my review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post

Thanks
    stiffer...more powerful if you have the power to use a mid stiff racquet.
    i believe BS09 is mid flex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Wristy people will like it whether arm-swinging brute will not (poor me)"

I tend to disagree, I had a match last week that was all power from the back of the court and it worked a treat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where you're standing on court doesn't dictate your playing style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Knicknack was referring to his swing style. Some people generate their power more with pronation, some more with the arm swing - what kinda racket is more powerful for you is determined by that. I for example have a rather 'wristy' smash where most of the power is generated from pronation and only a small part by upper body rotation/arm swing, so I generally prefer balanced rackets to head heavy ones, as they're pretty much even in power to me and are much better in other aspects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I forget to pronate my wrist and stare at the racket like it's it's fault the shuttle isn't going anywhere XD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Sometimes I forget to pronate my wrist and stare at the racket like it's it's fault the shuttle isn't going anywhere XD
    We all have our small (and sometimes not so small ) weaknesses - I like to try very ambitious deceptive slice drops and also stare at my racket if I hit it with the frame because I went for to acute an angle or wanted to be too deceptive

15. Likes Renmazuo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I was referring to my swinging motion. I tend to think that in the back of the court a whole arm swing would generate excessive amount of power unless you have really really strong wrist and pronate it with proper technique. Racket choice is really up to the user so I would not comment on that. My background was basketball so I tend to leave it to the shoulder to do all the dirty work back court xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knicknack View Post
    Yea I was referring to my swinging motion. I tend to think that in the back of the court a whole arm swing would generate excessive amount of power unless you have really really strong wrist and pronate it with proper technique. Racket choice is really up to the user so I would not comment on that. My background was basketball so I tend to leave it to the shoulder to do all the dirty work back court xD
    Generally speaking, generating power from your arm swing without proper pronation tends to be rather ineffective. The muscles responsible for the motion are bigger and stronger, but the motion can not generate the same speed as pronation, and thus you cannot transfer all that power onto the shuttle efficiently. Going for a head heavy racket would probably help though as your strength is used more efficiently by accelerating the heavier racket which in turn can produce more power than an equally fast, not as head heavy racket.
    You should probably not go for a stiff shaft either, as it takes a pretty fast motion to bend one.

PS: As we cannot see your swing motion, all of this could very well be wrong. It might be possible that you already have a very fast motion despite any weaknesses you notice yourself. So don't take this the wrong way and buy 10 heavy rackets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Generally speaking, generating power from your arm swing without proper pronation tends to be rather ineffective. The muscles responsible for the motion are bigger and stronger, but the motion can not generate the same speed as pronation, and thus you cannot transfer all that power onto the shuttle efficiently. Going for a head heavy racket would probably help though as your strength is used more efficiently by accelerating the heavier racket which in turn can produce more power than an equally fast, not as head heavy racket.
    You should probably not go for a stiff shaft either, as it takes a pretty fast motion to bend one.

PS: As we cannot see your swing motion, all of this could very well be wrong. It might be possible that you already have a very fast motion despite any weaknesses you notice yourself. So don't take this the wrong way and buy 10 heavy rackets
    I am always the front court guy in double but still can generate enough power from the rear but not for a long time. I feel quite confident in flat rallies and the BS LYD gives me just that nasty nasty speed to hit the birdie even when I'm on my butt. However over time I prefer the MX80 over it for that I can get great power out of it compare to the BS LYD when in the backcourt.

While the swing speed is not up to par with the BS LYD, the MX80 just compliment my game better and give me just enough beef to thunder some shots while in the rear.

Idk whether it is a change of style to a more-rounded game or just that MX80 suits me more.