User Tag List

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Paul, what is the Lee Hyun BS?
    It's the new BS-LHI

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    The Victor rackets I will be reviewing are
    1) BS LYD
    2) BS 12
    3) BS 12 L
    4) BS Lee Hyun
    5) Thruster 8000
    6) Thruster 6000
    7) Meteor 90
    8) Meteor 30
    9) Lightfighter 7000
    10) Lightfighter 7300
    11) Lightfighter 7400
    I think I need a rest already!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Nice list Paul. Looking forward to the MX90 and LF7400.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Bs10. Bs09 and 12 are both softer (3/5, 3/5 rating). Bs10 has a 4/5, 4/5 rating here I think (or maybe 3/5 on the HH).....mine are quite old and have the old scale for stiffness
    Definitely a very quick racket. If this isn't fast enough defensively, no racket is - you'll have to work on your defense and forearms then
    Thanks j4ckie, I'd like a BS12 but I think it would be too soft for me. I prefer something as stiff as the LYD. Sounds like the BS10 might be worth checking out?

The BS are fast racquets aerodynamically - which is great for fast long strokes, such as smashes. But when it comes to manoeuvring short strokes, defence, flicks etc... it's the head weight that governs. The LYD is noticeably slower in this department compared to my 8DX/ArcZS/Arc10...

I've never had a problem with forearm power, in fact it's probably my greatest strength but when I play with my 8DX or ArcZS my defence is a lot faster and more solid than playing with my LYD.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LYD, but just wish it was a touch more headlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BS10 is very manoeuvrable, but the head-lightness will negatively impact your smashes. I really suffered in this aspect, and the few defensive shots extra I was able to return weren't able to make up for the energy expenditure and points not won on attack.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    The BS10 is very manoeuvrable, but the head-lightness will negatively impact your smashes. I really suffered in this aspect, and the few defensive shots extra I was able to return weren't able to make up for the energy expenditure and points not won on attack.
    Thanks, have you tried a BSLYD?

Would you say it is definitely headlighter than the LYD but just as stiff?

I don't mind sacrificing a little power for more speed in defence

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS10 is 3/5 HH and 5/5 Stiffness, it should be stiffer than LYD but not sure if it's more headlight? Not everyone reported it as being so headlight back when but who knows how the latest batches are . On average though I would assume they are less headheavy than a LYD ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-11-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had a LYD, but judging by others' remarks, it's more head-light.
    If you have the opportunity to test before buying, I strongly recommend it, as I didn't find the shaft to be very repulsive, so it really seems to sap power from the shot. It feels awesome to play at the net with, but it was a futile exercise from the back.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    BS10 is 3/5 HH and 5/5 Stiffness, it should be stiffer than LYD but not sure if it's more headlight? Not everyone reported it as being so headlight back when but who knows how the latest batches are . On average though I would assume they are less headheavy than a LYD ...
    Thanks, I'm not looking for a headlight racquet really but one that's slightly head lighter than the LYD. Sounds like the BS10 might be ok for me, although 5/5 stiffness is a tad higher than I'd normally like since the LYD at 4/5 stiffness is about right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bslyd is a pretty stiff racket with 4/5 stiffness. Stiffer than many yonex rackets rated as "stiff", so 5/5 stiffness on victor scale in my opinion is too much... might be struggling to extract power and 'll have a sore wrist after couple hours of play.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a french review (matosbad blog) claiming the frame is narrower like BS15 on the "Sword" version but still retaining the iso shape at the 12 o'clock are and balance guestimated between 295 and 300mm (don't recall any reports here of a smaller frame on the Sword version compared to the original Brave Sword marked frame?). In a later comparison he thinks it is stiffer than NanoRay 800 ...
    But everything is subjective of course and the BS10 5 dots stiffness was given before MX80 even existed (iirc?). I think everyone would agree the MX80 is stiffer than BS10, don't know how it would stack up compared to a JJS or MX70 ...
    Given that LYD came from a BS09 and AT800DEF before I can't imagine the LYD being stiffer than BS10 but I'm sure we have members here with both of them . Maybe Paul can touch the subject whenever he get's to test the LYD ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah even Vt-ZF only falls under 4/5 on a Victor scale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Thanks, I'm not looking for a headlight racquet really but one that's slightly head lighter than the LYD. Sounds like the BS10 might be ok for me, although 5/5 stiffness is a tad higher than I'd normally like since the LYD at 4/5 stiffness is about right.
    You may want to try the BS11 as well - 4/5 stiffness and 3/5 balance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Paul, what is the Lee Hyun BS?
    The BS Lee Hyun Il is the signature racket for the Korean Singles player LHI. Paul and myself were lucky enough to test this racket last week and it is really nice, visually and performance wise. I stuck a very brief review up on the VICTOR UK FB page if you're interested!

Spec wise is similar to BS11 but seems to play differently to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    You may want to try the BS11 as well - 4/5 stiffness and 3/5 balance.
    I had a look for reviews on the BS11 following your recommendation but according to coach Paul's review on the BS11, it doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. Apparently it is slightly more head heavy than the BS10 and more flexible, medium flex in fact - despite the grading.

He also mentions the BS10 is faster than the BS11, which is what I want really. Faster maneouvreability for defence and drives.

Do you have any BS10 in stock?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming the UK version of the Bs10 is not wildly different from the German one, it's not gonna be a stiffness monster like the Mx80. Much more user-friendly.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Assuming the UK version of the Bs10 is not wildly different from the German one, it's not gonna be a stiffness monster like the Mx80. Much more user-friendly.
    There is no such thing as a UK version, all of Europe has the DE version

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, the BS10 is sounding more and more like the racquet I'm looking for.

Just need someone to confirm that this is not just a stiffer BSLYD, but more importantly slightly head lighter.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast