User Tag List

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My review of LYD has finally gone live. Sorry for keeping you waiting - too much happening behind-the-scenes!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    My review of LYD has finally gone live. Sorry for keeping you waiting - too much happening behind-the-scenes!

Paul
    Is the BS LHI stiffer than LYD when you had a small sample test?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    I found the VT80 to be too flexy when compared to the MX80. The VT80 is head heavy but with a 3.5/5 stiffness rating. The MX80 is 5/5 and so is the SW35. I prefered the MX80 to the VT80 as it was stiffer and complemented to HH characteristics. These are my personal findings but good to give a comparative view to Pauls. I have just got the LYD gen 2 strung with VS850 @ 28lbs so looking forward to testing it out on Tuesday!
    Where did u buy it from?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty777 View Post
    Where did u buy it from?
    Badminton Base

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul
    Hi Paul,

Just read your review. A stiffer version of the LYD is basically the BS10. Can't remember if you've tested this or not, but if you think the LYD is too whippy, you might like the 10 better.

Also, note that the BS12 that LYD now uses is NOT the factory spec. The KRP BS12's are head heavier and stiffer (don't ask us why, we have no idea).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BS10, though stiffer than the BS LYD, is not as head heavy, right?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atypical View Post
    The BS10, though stiffer than the BS LYD, is not as head heavy, right?
    Only the international (DE code) version is stiffer than the LYD at 5/5 sitffness. The TW version of the BS10 is about the same (4/5 stiffness) or slightly less stiff than the LYD. Also the BS10 is a lot head lighter than the LYD. About 10mm difference in BP in my experience.

Don't forget that while the BS10 and LYD look like they have the same dimensions, they are in fact slightly different. The shaft of the BS10 is a little slimmer, about 0.2-0.3mm thinner in diameter than the LYD and the frame width is almost 1mm thinner. Coupled with the lighter head, the BS10 is considerably faster than the LYD.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm so confused.

All I want is a relatively fast, stiff racket that's got a bit more weight in the head than my 8DX for men's doubles. I thought t would be the LYD but now that's not considered stiff?

Maybe the JJS?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Ok, I'm so confused.

All I want is a relatively fast, stiff racket that's got a bit more weight in the head than my 8DX for men's doubles. I thought t would be the LYD but now that's not considered stiff?

Maybe the JJS?
    As you know, stiffness is subjective. One persons idea of stiff may be another's med-flex. So you really have to try it for yourself to see if it meets your stiffness requirements. If you were nearer to me, I'd let you try my BSLYD.

I would say my LYD is about as stiff as my Arc8DX. But as the shaft is about 10mm longer than the 8DX and it has more head mass, it flexes a fraction more on full power smashes. And can generate more power in my opinion.

The BS10 is not for you if you're looking for more head weight than the 8DX.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Only the international (DE code) version is stiffer than the LYD at 5/5 sitffness. The TW version of the BS10 is about the same (4/5 stiffness) or slightly less stiff than the LYD. Also the BS10 is a lot head lighter than the LYD. About 10mm difference in BP in my experience.

Don't forget that while the BS10 and LYD look like they have the same dimensions, they are in fact slightly different. The shaft of the BS10 is a little slimmer, about 0.2-0.3mm thinner in diameter than the LYD and the frame width is almost 1mm thinner. Coupled with the lighter head, the BS10 is considerably faster than the LYD.
    I'd say every code but the TW is 5/5 for BS10. It was already the case when they used the stiffness bar. TW BS10 = BS11 (even the original TW BS11) on the bar and in dots
    Of course then there was a 2 dot BS11 all of a sudden, even in DE I think (according to the catalogue at least iirc). Sounded more like a misprint, a dot reversal . But I should probably double check that as I know bump into a stiffness bar with BS 11 at about 2 dots on a TW website ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike
    I reviewed BS10 a long time ago and loved it - 5 star rating. However it's not available in UK or Europe any more so I have to look at other rackets.
    I still like LYD racket. Surprisingly LYD is using a custom version of BS12 as you say. But why it's more head heavy and stiffer is anyones guess. Surely it would have been easier to modify his signature racket?
    I'm testing Thruster tomorrow along with BS12 with Powerizer lead tape at 12 o'clock position.
    DB Swansea, as far as I'm concerned and having played with 8DX and LYD, 8DX is stiffer.
    Paul

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike
    I reviewed BS10 a long time ago and loved it - 5 star rating. However it's not available in UK or Europe any more so I have to look at other rackets.
    I still like LYD racket. Surprisingly LYD is using a custom version of BS12 as you say. But why it's more head heavy and stiffer is anyones guess. Surely it would have been easier to modify his signature racket?
    I'm testing Thruster tomorrow along with BS12 with Powerizer lead tape at 12 o'clock position.
    DB Swansea, as far as I'm concerned and having played with 8DX and LYD, 8DX is stiffer.
    Paul
    Thanks Paul. I've ordered the JJS from Direct Badminton, can't wait to start raining down smashes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike
    Surprisingly LYD is using a custom version of BS12 as you say. But why it's more head heavy and stiffer is anyones guess. Surely it would have been easier to modify his signature racket?
    Yes it is interesting. A possible answer is that LYD felt that fame got to his head before the Olympics and clouded his ability to claim the Gold. So he is trying to go back to grass roots and fly below the radar by using a "normal racket". Also his style of play has changed to suit KSH style and plays a more sides orientated game so he prefers the BS12.

It's not certain that the BS12 is "modified" but the KRP version is used by some pro players like TA and KSY and is stiffer and head heavier than usual.

I have just used the new LYD racket and it is very good but I am struggling to get speed into my smashes. I'm guessing it is to do with hitting the sweet spot with the right amount of flex in the shaft. It seems that smashes were faster with a controlled swing rather than a slog. Have other users found this?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all we know, the BS12 KRP is a prototype for a new BS racket. Just painted with old colours before official production. Nothing "normal" about it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    For all we know, the BS12 KRP is a prototype for a new BS racket. Just painted with old colours before official production. Nothing "normal" about it!
    This is possible but unlikely. From a marketing perspective it sends out a message to the consumer that some pros use the BS12. If they were doing this would they say that this new racket is the BS12 KRP but with a different colour scheme. How would the purchaser's of the old BS12 feel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Yes it is interesting. A possible answer is that LYD felt that fame got to his head before the Olympics and clouded his ability to claim the Gold. So he is trying to go back to grass roots and fly below the radar by using a "normal racket". Also his style of play has changed to suit KSH style and plays a more sides orientated game so he prefers the BS12.

It's not certain that the BS12 is "modified" but the KRP version is used by some pro players like TA and KSY and is stiffer and head heavier than usual.

I have just used the new LYD racket and it is very good but I am struggling to get speed into my smashes. I'm guessing it is to do with hitting the sweet spot with the right amount of flex in the shaft. It seems that smashes were faster with a controlled swing rather than a slog. Have other users found this?
    He is trying to fly under the rader using non-signature racket?

Are you saying his own country and international badminton community suddenly forgets he is a world reknown badminton player and expect less of him because he is using non signature racket?

It is more likely Victor want to sell their new racket so are asking him to use it. (whether it is a modified version or not.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but he is using the old colour and the market is flooded wit new ones. terrible marketing.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast