User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help! frame broke, looking for replacement! something stiff, bp 290-295, solid feel.

Advice/suggestions needed. I broke the string on my Ti550 S yesterday, and when I went for a restring bg66um, 27lbs, the frame buckled at 2 places. So I looking to get a replacement. Kinda bummed that it buckled

I play mostly doubles, can play forecourt or at the back, net, drops, smashes are not too bad, but not the best in terms of deception and defense cos I've only started playing less than a year ago. Currently using apacs slayer 99 2U, sw36 3U, but when I'm on form I play best with my ti550 and its my go to racket and favourite, just love the power, control and feel. just got the sw36 quite recently but I cant seem to play well with it yet, prefer the feel of the other 2 rackets.

Looking for a racket similar to the ti550 S, budget around USD100-130, (Under RM400), would like to get some reviews on the ti555 S and whether it has the same issues. (stringer said the 96 holes pattern makes it weaker, more holes=less frame material, hence less frame strength).

so I'm guessing something stiff, bp290-295mm, solid feel, more holes=better, not too expensive, and 3U. not particular about brands, as long as its good and doesnt have much durability issues.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor SW35 is the obvious choice. 27lbs no problems, too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by radmaszeal View Post
    Advice/suggestions needed. I broke the string on my Ti550 S yesterday, and when I went for a restring bg66um, 27lbs, the frame buckled at 2 places. So I looking to get a replacement. Kinda bummed that it buckled

I play mostly doubles, can play forecourt or at the back, net, drops, smashes are not too bad, but not the best in terms of deception and defense cos I've only started playing less than a year ago. Currently using apacs slayer 99 2U, sw36 3U, but when I'm on form I play best with my ti550 and its my go to racket and favourite, just love the power, control and feel. just got the sw36 quite recently but I cant seem to play well with it yet, prefer the feel of the other 2 rackets.

Looking for a racket similar to the ti550 S, budget around USD100-130, (Under RM400), would like to get some reviews on the ti555 S and whether it has the same issues. (stringer said the 96 holes pattern makes it weaker, more holes=less frame material, hence less frame strength).

so I'm guessing something stiff, bp290-295mm, solid feel, more holes=better, not too expensive, and 3U. not particular about brands, as long as its good and doesnt have much durability issues.

Thanks in advance
    I would go for either panda power Trinity pro, MX70 or MX80 depending your preference in stiffness
    Mx70 is medium stiff
    Tpro is stiff
    MX80 is very stiff

all of them are in range and for Tpro you can choose the weight and the BP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about apacs lethal series? or fleet woven series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Victor SW35 is the obvious choice. 27lbs no problems, too.
    yeah, considering the SW35. but already got SW36, dont really like the feel even though the only difference in official specs between the 2 is that the SW36 is stiff while the SW35 is extra stiff. hoping to try one before buying but none of my group is using it. you recently bought some victor rackets right? how does the bs168 feel? or sw3150?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I would go for either panda power Trinity pro, MX70 or MX80 depending your preference in stiffness
    Mx70 is medium stiff
    Tpro is stiff
    MX80 is very stiff

all of them are in range and for Tpro you can choose the weight and the BP
    interested in the mx series, but now victor prices have increased abit, not sure if i can get in that price range now. interested in the 80 holes technology too.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzent View Post
    how about apacs lethal series? or fleet woven series?
    already using slayer 99, apacs top end model, so if i can get lethal 70, 85, 90 or 100 for under rm250 i would consider it, but above that i might as well add abit and get a victor. fleet woven series same case, not so cheap.

also considering victor artery tec ti99 since the spec is around there, stiff, slightly head heavy. not to mention cheaper, less pain if anything happened to it. hmmm...
    carlton VTT is also swimming around in my head at the moment. how bout do a vote?

SW35 -1
    PP TPro -1
    MX70 -1
    MX80 -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't you said your budget is under RM400 ? but mx-70 and mx-80 is same price, after 30% discount at around RM 560.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for SW35............