Another racket recommendation thread

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lukasy, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Hi everybody,

I play now with a SOTX Woven 9 but I find it a bit too light and I'm searching for a new racket. I play doubles and singles and I'm a allround player that like to smash when he can.
    The brands in my country are mostly Yonex and Forza. There a few players with Victor and Sotx. Sotx is the cheapist and Yonex, Forza and Victor are in the same price category.

Hope you can help me

2. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

#2 ssgg007, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I dont think there are any significant warranty advantages for you to buy locally with the common european market these days. And besides the manufacturing faults that you succesfully could claim warranty on is probably very uncommon if you buy high-quality gear anyway.

5. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Ok. Have you a recommendation?

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    SW35 as mentioned is a very nice racket, also BS9 would probably fit the bill.. If you want to stick with SOTX maybe a Woven 7 (or 7i) or Woven 11/12 may be slightly heavier. LN N55 is a really good all round option as well. Mizuno Tetracross 700 is great (still loves my oldies).

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Really, any of the above mentioned SOTX woven 7, Victor SW35 or Mizuno Tetracross 700 will be quite an adjustment because they are so much head-heavier than the light mobile Woven 9. It will be a fun experiment. :)

My vote for you is the Woven 7. It is most likely the best value, but in no way inferior to the Victor or Mizuno. If memory serves Head-Heaviness: w7=>SW35>TC700; Stiffness: w7=<SW35<TC700.
    ______

Another idea for you --different from HeadHeavy & Stiff -- is head heavy and a bit flexible. I don't have a lot of experience in this segment, but you may find a racket along these lines could give you the power you are lacking with your woven 9 without requiring a huge extra output of arm effort compared to what you've been using. An example would be the Yonex Armortec Tour or AT600 which I have borrowed and enjoyed. Others may have wiser opinions on this.

Best of luck with whatever you choose. Have fun! :)

8. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Played wit the AT600 before. I liked it but it was al so too light. I think I prefer 3U rackets. I like the Woven 9 -> make it in 3U and it would be my preffered racket

9. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

BS9 or B12 because I've read that the 12 is a improved version of the 9?
    I think with Woven 7 I might suffer in deffense

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

BS09 is head heavier but BS12 has the newer technology with a thinner frame overall. You may want to try BS11 as its stiffer, heavier head and has the new tech as well :D