User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 324 to 340 of 405
  1. #324
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Block from CL is in the net. LD at match point 20-16

  2. #325
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CL cross court into the net. LD triumphs. No major celebrations except his throwing his spare shoes (not the first time) into the crowd.

  3. #326
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    708
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rather boring match. Maybe CL really was tired, we'll never really know and we can only speculate. He did have quite a few 3 game matches and the schedule was pretty intense.

  4. #327
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    Rather boring match. Maybe CL really was tired, we'll never really know and we can only speculate. He did have quite a few 3 game matches and the schedule was pretty intense.
    GC and IW did mention a few times CL looked tired, but agreed, that's up for speculation.

  5. #328
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,742
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O,well,The Dragon of Dragons is Lin Dan,what to do. Chen Long,don't think it impossible,you're still growing,not yet a fully matured adult as far as badminton is concerned,keep it up.

  6. #329
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My heartiest congrats to WYH for winning the WS title.

  7. #330
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    O,well,The Dragon of Dragons is Lin Dan,what to do. Chen Long,don't think it impossible,you're still growing,not yet a fully matured adult as far as badminton is concerned,keep it up.
    I'll say this. CL did not look too disappointed with this loss. He knows he will be the one to carry the CHN torch after LD retires. The future burns bright for the little dragon.

  8. #331
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    I guess Lin Dan will let Chen long win this tournament , to give him more points to qualify for olypimics next year.
    no la... The new conspiracy by LYB is that LD to win more to become #1, and help to squeeze LCW to no.3, then if possible, help CJ to no.4.


    After this SSF, difference in ranking pts amongst LCW, LD & CL would be narrowed... net calculation, LCW would lose abt 3000pts, LD add abt 4000pts, CL also add abt 3000pts.... appears this is not impossible...

  9. #332
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,197
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, just went of a shower. What did I miss?

  10. #333
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,742
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I'll say this. CL did not look too disappointed with this loss. He knows he will be the one to carry the CHN torch after LD retires. The future burns bright for the little dragon.
    Ya,he didn't look disappointed. Just that he lacks self-belief,therefore not playing up to his potential the same way he did vs CW. Just wondering,if ,as an experiment,coaches were used for both of them,how would the match turn out (I'm not referring to the outcome but the way they play)? I believe China wouldn't mind if CL had won today;internal rivalry is OK when nothing else more important is at stake - just my speculative thinking.

  11. #334
    Regular Member Alone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Ya,he didn't look disappointed. Just that he lacks self-belief,therefore not playing up to his potential the same way he did vs CW. Just wondering,if ,as an experiment,coaches were used for both of them,how would the match turn out (I'm not referring to the outcome but the way they play)? I believe China wouldn't mind if CL had won today;internal rivalry is OK when nothing else more important is at stake - just my speculative thinking.
    Beside, Chen Long was a bit tired after yesterday match...

  12. #335
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,028
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Ya,he didn't look disappointed. Just that he lacks self-belief,therefore not playing up to his potential the same way he did vs CW. Just wondering,if ,as an experiment,coaches were used for both of them,how would the match turn out (I'm not referring to the outcome but the way they play)? I believe China wouldn't mind if CL had won today;internal rivalry is OK when nothing else more important is at stake - just my speculative thinking.
    It's got to do with OG ranking points, how many pts needed to maintain certain position. Less on the internal rivalry thingy.

  13. #336
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If CL can improve further. He could potentially outwit LD to be the most successful by winning 2 OG. But my guess is that he will respect LD and allow him to win it.

  14. #337
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,540
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin dan wins 21-12 21-16 . To my surprise, i wonder why didnt he let chen long win to gain more points for olympics?

  15. #338
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Lin dan wins 21-12 21-16 . To my surprise, i wonder why didnt he let chen long win to gain more points for olympics?
    it's no point, pardon the pun. they both will be in the top 3 no matter what and will into the different halves of the draw anyway

  16. #339
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    GC and IW did mention a few times CL looked tired, but agreed, that's up for speculation.
    Any youngster, after an 80 min battle with LCW,would be tired. That s why LYB didn t have to give instructions to CL. Remember what PJB said about Tago s performance against MZ in TC10? He said Tago was a bit tired after his match with LCW the day before.

  17. #340
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    no la... The new conspiracy by LYB is that LD to win more to become #1, and help to squeeze LCW to no.3, then if possible, help CJ to no.4. After this SSF, difference in ranking pts amongst LCW, LD & CL would be narrowed... net calculation, LCW would lose abt 3000pts, LD add abt 4000pts, CL also add abt 3000pts.... appears this is not impossible...
    Not sure it works like your estimate. Ranking points are based on the best of 10 tournaments. And LD will not want to meet LCW in semi, it has to be the final in OG12 unless there is a guarantee a CHN MS will be the other finalist. So the best CL can be is WR3. It s my guess.I m ready to bet.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Super Series Finals: Day 3 - Fri 16-Dec
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2011
    Replies: 425
    : 12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
  2. 2011 Super Series Finals: Day 2 - Thu 15-Dec
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2011
    Replies: 385
    : 12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
  3. 2011 Super Series Finals: Day 1 - Wed 14-Dec
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2011
    Replies: 311
    : 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
  4. 2010 Super Series Finals: Day 5 (Sunday 9-Jan-2011) Finals Day
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2010
    Replies: 108
    : 01-10-2011, 06:09 PM
  5. 2010 Super Series Finals: Day 4 (Saturday 8-Jan-2011) Semi-Finals Day
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2010
    Replies: 419
    : 01-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •