User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same happened to LD at Semi Final China Open SS last week, he had to win over LCW in rubber set. Then Final would face CL, and LD still handle it beaten CL in straight set too only to be a winner..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not watched the matches jet, so what was the most interesting match(es) in therms of tactic and skill ? wd,md,ms,ws..day1-5. does not matter^^
    (have slow web connection so i can not download all^^ )

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I'll say this. CL did not look too disappointed with this loss. He knows he will be the one to carry the CHN torch after LD retires. The future burns bright for the little dragon.
    ...if he doesn't burn out before the future becomes present.
    His style is too physical (more so than even LCW) and his game has improved exponentially because of one fundamental difference from before: he goes down low, lowers his centre of gravity and can come up fast when required. Can he keep it up for more than a couple of years? Time will tell. Meanwhile, he will have played his part at the OG, that's for sure...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    ...if he doesn't burn out before the future becomes present. His style is too physical (more so than even LCW) and his game has improved exponentially because of one fundamental difference from before: he goes down low, lowers his centre of gravity and can come up fast when required. Can he keep it up for more than a couple of years? Time will tell. Meanwhile, he will have played his part at the OG, that's for sure...
    Absolutely perceptive!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 SS Finals tournament is over

So, the 2011 SS Finals tournament is over with these results;
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...AE7&d=20111218

I didn't find time to watch the matches, but reading the posts in this thread, the exciting matches appeared to be;
    * Wang Yihan-vs-Saina Nehwal
    * M.Boe/C.Mogensen-vs-Chai Biao/Guo Zhendong

In our BC Polls, I have only 3 correct guesses (of winners), namely;
    * MS.......Lin Dan
    * WD......Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang
    * XD.......Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei
    and I am pretty happy.

In our BC PAW Game, I finished 3rd amongst our 32 PAWers. This, I am happier.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-19-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    So, the 2011 SS Finals tournament is over with these results;
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...AE7&d=20111218

I didn't find time to watch the matches, but reading the posts in this thread, the exciting matches appeared to be;
    * Wang Yihan-vs-Saina Nehwal
    * M.Boe/C.Mogensen-vs-Chai Biao/Guo Zhendong

In our BC Polls, I have only 3 correct guesses (of winners), namely;
    * MS.......Lin Dan
    * WD......Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang
    * XD.......Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei
    and I am pretty happy.

In our BC PAW Game, I finished 3rd amongst our 32 PAWers. This, I am happier.
    Not bad but did you paw LCW to beat CL in the semis?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...if he doesn't burn out before the future becomes present.
    His style is too physical (more so than even LCW) and his game has improved exponentially because of one fundamental difference from before: he goes down low, lowers his centre of gravity and can come up fast when required. Can he keep it up for more than a couple of years? Time will tell. Meanwhile, he will have played his part at the OG, that's for sure...
    Does that mean he's not as talented or skilful as Lin Dan (at least not yet) and so has to make up for it by his physicality? Then I hope and believe he will continue to improve his strokes or he might very well,as you've said,suffer burnout sooner than expected despite his relatively young age (not yet 23?).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Not bad but did you paw LCW to beat CL in the semis?
    At the Semi-Finals, I had only 1 pick.

I didn't PAW the LCW-vs-CL match, but picked Ko.S.H./Yoo.Y.S. to defeat M.Boe/C.Mogensen.

Unfortunately, Ko/Yoo lost; Otherwise, I would have more points that CLELY and finished 2nd amongst our 32 PAWers.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Does that mean he's not as talented or skilful as Lin Dan (at least not yet) and so has to make up for it by his physicality? Then I hope and believe he will continue to improve his strokes or he might very well,as you've said,suffer burnout sooner than expected despite his relatively young age (not yet 23?).
    There is no question about his talent and dedication. It is his physical attributes that I was addressing, which could in the long run, either turn out to be a blessing or a curse. Being as tall as he is, he has no choice but to get down (comparatively) real low in order to be ready to pich the bird before it hits the floor. And then he needs to spring up equally fast. His joints are going to take a real beating over the next 2 years. So, either CBA wraps him in cotton for every 24 months (or more) of a 48-month cycle, or they discover a new lubricant for his joints!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    saina called a fault for sticking her racket in the way of WYH's net kill, which actually went back onto WYH's side. But Saina didn't make a shot, it just bounced off her racket.

LYB is shown giving Chai/Guo a stern talking in the crowd too.
    I need someone to explain to me on this. Is that kind of volleyball blocking considered as a fault in badminton? I don't know it until yesterday.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    I need someone to explain to me on this. Is that kind of volleyball blocking considered as a fault in badminton? I don't know it until yesterday.
    Yeah, I was surprised by that call too. Couldn't find anything in the laws against it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised by that call too. Couldn't find anything in the laws against it...
    yes, that's why i need someone who is familiar with BWF's rules and regulations to explain on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What lubricant?????????

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    yes, that's why i need someone who is familiar with BWF's rules and regulations to explain on this.
    Ian Wright said something about it just after the point had played out. Saina was not playing a stroke or returning a shot; she was blocking, i.e., pre-meditated positioning of the racquet in anticipation of return with the result of completely blocking out the return, at the net, right up near the shuttle. I think this may cover it:

13.4.4 obstructs an opponent, i.e. prevents an opponent from making a legal stroke where the shuttle is followed over the net;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ian Wright said something about it just after the point had played out. Saina was not playing a stroke or returning a shot; she was blocking, i.e., pre-meditated positioning of the racquet in anticipation of return with the result of completely blocking out the return, at the net, right up near the shuttle. I think this may cover it:

13.4.4 obstructs an opponent, i.e. prevents an opponent from making a legal stroke where the shuttle is followed over the net;
    ah, i got it! Thank you for the information. So I can call a fault on my opponents next time when they do this. Because my friends always do this when we are playing badminton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this law on obstruction would be the answer but I was told that the striker, ie. WYH, could have returned the shot cross court when she saw SN in front of her.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, I don't think 13.4.4 covers it. Ian specifically mentioned not making a shot/stroke. No where in the law says you can't just put your racket up to block, as long as it doesn't obstruct your opponent's racket path.

On the side view slow mo replay, Saina's racket was practically 6 inches away from the net. There's no way WYH's net kill stroke would bring her racket that far into Saina's side. And if WYH's racket never hit Saina's racket, how is there an obstruction in the first place?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast