MX80 4u or MX70 3u from Babolat satelite Nitro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by someone, Dec 19, 2011.

1. someone

someone Regular Member

I used to be a single-racket user (low intermidiate level- play once a week) for years.
    Now I'm using Babolat satelite Nitro with bg80@26lbs.

Next year my friend want to borrow my racket to play with me.
    So, I think it's a good time to buy a new racket and let my friend use my old one:cool:.

I don't like the 20,21 string pattern of Babolat. It's even less dense than normal string pattern.
    That's why i specify MX70 or MX80 which has 80 hole system that seems to pack more string denser.

But unfortunately I'm not sure how stiff is my old racket. :p
    (I only have one so i can't compare to anything. )

So does MX80 4u (and maybe less lbs string than my old one) is not too far jump from my old racket?
    Or MX70 3u will actually give me better overall performance since it's (supposed to be) closer to my old racket interm of shaft flexiness?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English:eek:

2. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

Just a little opinion on the MX70. Smash and Clears are absolutely wonderful on the MX70. A little power and the shuttle goes a long way. Maneuverability, Defence wise, it's ok but when lobbing it can be a bit sluggish compared to other raquets like the BS09. Net play wise, drops are also pleasant but when pushing the shuttle to the back court needs a little effort as well.

3. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

googled:

"The Satellite Nitro has a medium flex and is slightly head heavy. It weighs 86g and has a "power head size". This means it has an isometric head shape. It is made from hot melt graphite, with a bit of Kevlar and Zylon thrown in as well. Price for the 09Nitro is £101.99, the price for the 08 is £89.99. The difference between the two is the paint job, and the 09 version has a thinner shaft, oh and the price as well. You may as well just buy the 08 version, i am sure you will not notice the 3mm reduction in the shaft that much."

well for medium flex, you're probably transition better with a 3u mx70 and using a 4u MX80 would be slightly harder but could possibly be more rewarding. i usually use a medum flex slightly heavy head racket too but i like the 4u MX80 more but it can be very tiring :p

since you play only once a week, you would be able to recover in time for your next session but as a low to intermediate would probably enjoy the MX70 more or try the BS11 instead :D

but if you want to keep true to your current racket profile, you should try the BS09

4. someone

someone Regular Member

Thanks, I appreciate your valuable reply.:)