User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile HI everybody :DD

Hi everyone, I'm 14 and from Singapore. Just recently joined Badminton central and have since learnt lots of stuff from other enthusiasts here. I heard this website from some random guy but just got addicted to it .

I got serious in this sport at 11 (as in hardcore footwork training) and play singles for my school (Evergreen)now which is terrible in sports (no achievements). But I hope to win a competiton next year so i'm training hard now to improve my strokes and footwork. I have badminton around 2 times a week, 2 hours each (training on wednesday, and doubles with some retired coaches at Tessehnsohn CSC on sundays). Well, the coaches play the classic point system (15 point) and have perfect placing..

I own a Yonex voltric 70 with BG66 @ 26lbs (i regret that tension), an Armourtec 700 limited with BG65 @ 24lbs and Bedini Smashing power 500 with BG6 @ 24lbs (For some reasons BG6 seems better than 66), but i feel both my voltric and armourtec are fakes.. Practically because the voltric's yonex logo at the T joint is tilted, and the armourtec is too stiff (and it costs $80 SGD). I also wear Yonex SHB 85Ltd.

Additional info just for fun : I'm around 167cm tall, i had 222 for my PSLE and am taking EL, CL, Math, Amath, Phy, Chem, Art, Geog/SS next year. I'll take my badminton skill as intermediate because there are so much more people better than me. I have terrible backhand but good overhead shots, and yes, I do believe badminton is 70% footwork, 30% stroke.

I look forward to learning many more useful information here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. :-)

Sounds like you have the right sort of enthusiasm and motivation for the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jajvirta View Post
    Welcome. :-)

Sounds like you have the right sort of enthusiasm and motivation for the game.
    Haha thanks, it's my interest anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good

keep it up n enjoy yr playing

5. Likes Damaoren liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try using apac.... they are good too and it will play almost like a yonex for a cheaper price