how can i choose what type of string is best for me?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by buhavoc13, Dec 19, 2011.

1. buhavoc13

buhavoc13 Regular Member

how can i choose what type of strings i should use? i like to play doubles and tend to be aggressive and smash alot. my drop shots are usually overshot.
    any suggestions??? thank you :)

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Strings are often about preference,
    Would you like a longer lasting string? or a string that would help with extra power?
    Most common strings are BG80 for power and BG65Ti for durability

3. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

borrow your friends' rackets that are strung with different strings and compare.

bg 65 is a great starting point. do you want durability? feel/touch? repulsion/power?
    each string will either focus on durability or performance.

start reading about strings in this forum and you'll get a lot of info on the different types.

if your drops are going too high, it's not a string problem. just spend more time drilling (esp with drops) instead of playing games.

4. buhavoc13

buhavoc13 Regular Member

yes i was thinking about getting the bg80 or 85 as they sell it at courtsidesports which is pretty close to me. how can i tell if the stringer has done a good job or is good at stringing...(how can i tell if they strung it wrong?)
    i usually go to sportcheck to do it, but people on these forum say to NEVER DO because they are not really good usually.

5. APB Stringers

APB Stringers Regular Member

Professional Stringer
    If you don't mind re-stringing your racket regularly then I would go with Bg66U amazing power and control but the durability isn't great, thats the only bad point. I have full reviews of a couple of strings on my website.

www.apbstringers.co.uk

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    besides the type of playing style you have, also want to consider how much money you want to spend on strings per month and how easily accessible is a stringer in your area. if you feel like you might not be able to tell the diff between bg65 and bg66, and you just want a string that lasts, then pick a durable string. if you can totally feel the diff and want a string that provide a bit more power, then pick a power string. but initially, you'll be spending money trying out new strings. as you progress in your testing phase you gain experience and thru that you will figure out what you want. it will take a bit of time until you string your own string and you play everyday, then you can restring your racket whenever you please. :)