Hendra & Hendri Badminton Academy

Discussion in 'Singapore Coaching' started by BCnewbie, Dec 20, 2011.

1. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

The S'pore ex-national doubles Hendri Saputra & Hendra Wijaya will be starting a badminton academy from 3rd January 2012. I am a friend of them and will be helping them to manage their admin matters for the initial startup.

Trainees' age preferably from 7 years old to adult, skill level from beginner to advance. There are 3 categories of training, 1 on 1, group of 5 (once a week, 4 times a month), and group of 5 (twice a week, 8 times a month).

Venue will be flexible for the 1st few months. We are currently negotiating with schools and private badminton hall so that they are able to have a fix location for at least 6 hours a day, 7 days a week, preferably in the central and near MRT for the convenience of everyone.

I can be contacted at 97908200 or tonycom@singnet.com.sg. I am not sure if I can publish the rates here, can the moderators or senior guys please advise me?

Cheers
    Tony Wong

Attached Files:

2. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

The training fees as follows:-
    1 on 1 - $60 an hour, 2 hours or more per session.
    Group of 5 (twice a week, 8 times a month) - $210, 2 hours per session.
    Group of 5 (once a week, 4 times a month) - $110, 2 hours per session.
    Courts & shuttles are included.

Cheers
    Tony Wong

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good Luck to the brothers.

I hope they can succeed and make a contribution to Singapore's badminton scene.

Thank you Tony for helping out and do update us on their success from time to time.

4. manaboleh

manaboleh Regular Member

house husband
    Wow, aren't these the world class doubles players produced by SBA? Really missed those days when Hendri & Lee YJ and the brothers were in the international circuit; always managed to perform above expectations even when they were playing against world top pairs..... Imagine we had to buy ticket to watch them play; but now, thanks to Tony(well done), we can play and be trained by these prodigies(IMHO) face to face.....it is beyond words...to decribe...

5. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement. I do hope that they will succeed and train our kids to a higher badminton level. Hendra always tell me he wants to find potential kids and train them to National level, and hopefully the one will be my nephew who will start training with Hendra 1 on 1 from January.

I am only helping them to get trainees from this forum and managing the venue and time, no cut will be taken away from them. I am also joining their group training from January onwards, if a 39 years old man like me can be trained by them, so do you.

Cheers
    Tony

6. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I have been receiving enquiries about the group training of 5. Please do not misunderstood that you must form a team of 5 for training, you just have to enroll yourself and I will arrange you to be trained with other trainees, maximum 5 trainees per session.

Cheers
    Tony

7. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Slots are still available for most of the days except Tuesday. Please continue to send in your enquiries and I will get back to you asap.

One more category is opened and that is the sparring session. Singles with Hendra, and doubles with Hendra and Hendri. Hendra was a trained single player with his father since young, and had won a few single titles in his younger days. I was pretty amazed when I watched him compete in the recent Pilot Pen National Singles, his skills is absolutely fantastic.

Venue for sparring sessions and "1 on 1" training sessions are flexible, please contact me for the cost on the sparring session.

Cheers
    Tony

8. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Kids session opened for every Sunday, starting from 8 Jan, 130-330pm at Bedok. Maximum of 5 trainees per session.

Cheers
    Tony

9. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Slots available for adults group training on Monday 9 Jan, 7-9pm at S'pore Badminton Hall.

Slots available for kids group training on Sunday 8 Jan, 130-330pm at Bedok CC.

Other days can also be arranged, please call 97908200 for registration.

Thanks
    Tony

10. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

The S'pore ex-national doubles Hendri Saputra & Hendra Wijaya have started a Hendra & Hendri Badminton Academy. Currently they have personal and group training, kids as well as adults. The training fees are as follows:-

1 on 1 - $60 an hour, 1 hour per session.
    Group training (twice a week, 8 times a month) - $210, 2 hours per session.
    Group training (once a week, 4 times a month) - $110, 2 hours per session.
    Courts & shuttles are included, trainees will be given an academy's T-shirt FOC.

Training venues are flexible for 1 on 1, current group training will be at either at SBH and east of Singapore.

I can be contacted at 97908200 or tonycom@singnet.com.sg.

Cheers
    Tony Wong

11. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Happy Lunar New Year to all of you.

Slots are available for:

Adults group on Monday 7-9pm at SBH

Kids beginner group on Friday 4-6pm at Bedok sports hall

Adults group on Friday 8-10pm at Bedok CC

Thanks,
    Tony

12. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Slots are available for:

Kids beginner group on Friday 4-6pm at Bedok sports hall

Adults group on Friday 7-9pm at Singapore Badminton Hall

Please call me at 9790 8200 or email to hendrahendri.academy@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Tony

13. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Slots are available for group training. School children in the day and adults at night, in central or east area.

Training venues and time are flexible for 1 vs 1.

Please call me at 9790 8200 or email hendrahendri.academy@gmail.com to arrange.

Thanks,
    Tony

14. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Training slots are still available for 1 vs 1 and group, kids as well as adults. Please call me at 9790 8200 to discuss about training venues and timings.

Hendri & Hendra won the MD Category in the National Championship last week. In XD category, Hendri's partner was injured during the quarter-final, they have to give up the semi-final match as his partner's was not fully recovered. Hendra and partner fought bravely in the semi-final but lost to their opponents in rubber game.

Ntl Championship.jpg

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Since they are considered Singaporean, I think SBA or Sports School should take them in as coaching staff. No point wasting money on foreigners. ;)

I don't see much results from the juniors anyway, might as well let the ex-nationals do the coaching. ;)

Just to contribute, since they are using their names to coach, it is good to consistently make sure that they are there to 'do' the coaching and not use assistants. Students would not like it as the information or experience transferred to students will not be of 'first hand'. ;)

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Hendra & Hendri are among the nicest guys one can meet on a badminton court.
    Despite being top-notch players, they are genuinely courteous and absolutely down-to-earth.
    On several levels, they remind you of Wong Choong Han.

All the best to H&H :)
    Hopefully, they will produce a star from Singapore's local ranks.

17. chobolan

chobolan Regular Member

I for one can confirm that H&H are the one who conduct the training. My son has benefited from their training tremendously even though he has only been with them for 3 months.

18. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Thank you everyone for vouching for them. Like Oldhand commented, they are such nice guys despite at the level of badminton they are playing. And like what chobolan said, Hendri & Hendra will always be the ones coaching instead of employing assistant coaches.

Hendri & Hendra believe in quality, not quantity. Currently, there are some 1 to 1 sessions in the morning where both them turn up to coach 1 kid, but charging the same price. They insist that both of them will be there whenever they have free time.

Extremenanopowe, one needs to have NCAP level 3 in order to coach the National Team, correct me if I am wrong. They are still not capable to do so as they have just attained NCAP level 2. And I guess good results take time, I was there to watch the National Championship and realised that Singapore has so many good and potential badminton players in the National Team, I truly appreciate their contributions to our country.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm afraid in general NCAP Level 3 may not be good enough to coach the National Team.

But for the brothers, because they have been national players with some international standing, I believe if they continue to upgrade, including obtaining the NCAP Level 3, plus many more good years coaching at the national junior level, they could become national coaches one day, if they so aspire.

The current Singapore Team manager Chua Yong Joo is a case in point. He was a national doubles player.

And I think Chua's wife, former Singapore national player, Jiang Yan Mei, is a coach in our National Intermediate Squad. So is another ex-national, Liu Fan.

#19 Loh, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi my friend. Nice to know you're still around.