i'm not sure what injury i having, please help!!

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by undeadrex, Dec 22, 2011.

1. undeadrex

undeadrex New Member

student
    ok, i've been having this injury since 1 and a half year ago. It's a very weird injury.. i've been thru many badminton injury topics n googling, i still havent see anyone having the same injury like mine. Ok, lets talk about my injury im having.

every time, 1-2 hours right after my badminton games, i will have this pain on the maximum level. i once rested for about 2months without badminton, the pain is not as pain as after 1-2 hours of finishing my badminton game. but i can still feel juz a little little bit of pain.

For Example :
    sit straight on a chair with ur 2 hands facing the floor. now, push ur 2 shoulder downwards , and bring ur hand forward. when im in this " shoulder downwards position, while im bringing my hand forward, that's when the pain occur. between my bicep and my shoulder, ( and i forget to mention, 1st, lets pretend that u're holding a racket ... if my palm is facing front, i wont feel any pain at all. BUT if my palm is facing towards each other or facing back, while i bring my hand forward the pain is there!! the pain is from about 30 degree (START FROM FACING THE FLOOR) to 120 degree only. above 120 degree or below 30 degree, i don feel any pain at all!

the weirdest thing is that, no matter how hard i press/massage my hand, my bicep , my shoulder, my armpit, i wont feel the pain. no matter where i press/massage, there's no pain at all ...

Is this Normal ?? Is there anyone having the same problem with me :( ... i could really use some help here!

2. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

You need to see a doctor.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    a physiotherapist is a good alternative

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

probably nerve pinching. you need to improve on your flexibility. try some yoga :D

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

"Is it normal?" Of course it's not normal. But you knew that already.
    Since rest for 2 months didn't help, you are right in seeking help. Cheung and axl886 are correct: You need to let someone SEE you and EXAMINE you.
    The worst thing you could do is to accept advice on treatment from the internet. Best of luck. :eek:

6. danstryder

danstryder Regular Member

As axl886 suggested, I would think it's some sort of nerve pinching issue. Quite possibly due to unbalanced development of the shoulder rotator cuff muscles, leading to shoulder joint instability in certain positions.

I would definitely go see a doctor, preferably one that has experience dealing with shoulder/sports injuries. He is the only one that can make a good diagnosis for you, and recommend an effective treatment plan.