WS Chinese Badminton Invincibility = THREE WANGS

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Miqilin7, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Hello, I am new joiner to the vibrant channel and I would like to break the ice session by starting a thread to discuss the topic above. Year of 2011 saw an unprecedented record of China preserving their dominance in the WS thanks to the contribution from Wang Yihan, Wang Shixian :):) and Wang Xin.

Barring any injuries, the three players look set to continue doing China proud until Olympics and possibly even beyond that. As long as one Wang still stands, China seems unbeatable in every tournament they entered in WS. Feel free to share your thoughts/opinions as I believe a new thread should be made to highlight how interesting WS has become lately and it just gets better every year when we see them coping with the uprising challenges from other countries.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Err, honestly, the challenge from the rest of the world is pathetic. CHN WS dominate today is because the rest of the world does not have a Susi, Camilla to challenge the China Wall. The real competition to CHN WS comes from their own teammates who can knock each other silly. CHN national championship is far more competitive than other tourneys. Lu Lan, Zhu Lin, Wang Lin - 3 ex-WCs are out while they are still very young, while the rest of the world field the same Saina, Tine, Juliene, over and over again. The only hindrance to CHN WS guarantee winning is the limitation place on the CHN WS participation in major events, the draw pitting them in the same half that only one will advance to the final and that is the real challenge. So, making the CHN team for OLY, WC and AG, while the rules limit 2-3 players, the internal competition is far more intense than actual tournament itself.

3. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Salute to Wang Xin, in era ZN, XXF, ZL, JYJ and LL she didn't shine... But now she wake up, succesfully as world#2 BWF and competed with her young teammates for herself and country (remembering WX beside JYJ is older in WS CHN team now, born in 1984).

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

WSX is walking a tight rope. She needs to buck up. The only thing she leads the world in is volume :p

WYH and WX are fine Will be very tough for current challengers to beat them. A Chinese coach (can't remember who) did remark Rat has the capacity to trouble them though.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    16 defeat in 2011 to non china player= invincible?

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes China's so-called "invincibility" has crumpled many times this year like what limsy said.

All of their best Wangs have been defeated before, sometimes unexpectedly (eg. by the Rat?) They can't be better than their predecessors or to put it another way, the rest of the world has somehow caught up little by little compared to the past era. The matches are getting longer going into three games and lasting longer than an hour. Other players are beginning to match them stroke for stroke, stamina for stamina. :p

It will be interesting to see whether a non-Chinese can take the LOG 2012 WS crown. There are still many more months to go and non-China players have been sharpening their swords for that important assignment. Sure the CHN players are still ahead for now, but for how long? :)

China's badminton export policy has benefitted the world with both players and coaches, more importantly the latter. :D

Therefore I surmise that China's invincibility is now a myth!

#6 Loh, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Every tournament entered by China players so far has a champion under their Wang surname up till now. The so-called family to three could have included India Open if Badminton Asia Championship (the most redundant tournament) didn't clash with the event. My definition is of invincibility derived from the sense that the flag of CHN is carried by three of them in all the tournaments participated. Looks likely for them to share titles and hopefully major titles as well in the next 5 years.

Their situation reminds me so dearly about the emergence of Alan Budikusuma, Ardy and Hermawan Susanto when they burst into the circuit to challenge the Zhao Jianhua. It could have been a more thrilling affair if we get one non-China WS player as dominant as LCW with the three Wangs present to challenge her. Too bad we can't find the right candidate yet. Tine is crap, Schenk is old, Thais are inexperienced, and Saina is the most overrated player i ever met who thinks too highly of herself to achieve successes like the Chinese.

Maybe the player is Tai Tzu-ying (Tai-phoon) , oh i almost forgot...she is Chinese by identity after all. :). We wil just have to wait and see while enjoying every match then8

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Limsy loves you when you mentioned the Tai-phoon!

But madbad will be slightly disappointed if none of her Korean cuties were included. And Chris might take offence with the way you described Saina. But all in good fun, please. :D:D:D

Since you've made your definition of invincibility clearer, restricting it to the flying of the Red flag at major tournaments, whether they were won by any of the three lady Wangs, it does limit the field to include the other countries.

However if you take the book definition of the word, it says:

"too powerful to be defeated or overcome",

then none of the three Wangs can claim that invincibility. :D:D:D

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    True, none of them will claim it but they will share it because they are united under one banner : CHN.

This is a video I made out of boredom :p

[video=youtube;0kCKQbeW3rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kCKQbeW3rs&feature=colike[/video]

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1 invincible=1 undefeated
    3 invincible= 1 undefeated and other two can lost anytime they want as long as china won the title?
    cant understand the theory

Tai-phoon(wow!i like this name!) scored 3 times this year against the trio
    ratchanok also score one point with mitani minatsu
    which mean,almost 1/3 of the trio defeat is to under 20 youngster!

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry for typo error. I meant "his" in case you think madbad is female. :D:p:cool:

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Invincible in terms of the country's position due to the representation of three of them. Each of them has managed to reach the final of the tournaments in some respect and defended China's supremacy under their name. It's interestingly evident from the statistics compiled in 2011 that three of them have apparently been sharing SS titles and major titles among themselves. I would wish to see less manipulation from the Chinese camp by employing Jiang Yanjiao, Liu Xin, and Li Xuerui as tools provide safe passage for the three of them in the defense.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Can't see a thing?

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    really ??? I encoded it on the wall and i could see it perfectly. I am such a noob...

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That's why i feel the competition between CHN and non-CHN player is getting increasingly intense now since the latter is slowly catching with their standard as we see from a lot of defeats suffered by the any Wang every now and then. It is such a good watch and fans like to see how the Wangs plan their OG campaign to acommplish the most important mission (defend CHN's gold medal regardless of who is the winner as long as it is Wang. They have demonstrated it this 2011 together they can help CHN to maintain their dominant streak from start to finish of the year. Again i repeat, their winning credibility will be looked upon a positive light should LYB stopped using other backup chinese players for manipulation.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No wonder CHN and the Wangs are invincible!

Even better, they are invisible! :eek:
    Now how do you defeat someone you can't even feel, handle, see and kill? :D:D:D

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
  18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh since you mentioned that, I think my office has some restrictions. For example, I can't view youtube. :(

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Wang Yihan's missing trophies/medal from her cabinet: Asian Games, Olympic Games and Uber Cup. She needs all three to complete a Super Grand Slam like Lin Dan.

Wang Shixian on the other hand seems unlikely to achieve like Wang Yihan, she nevertheless has made Zhang Ning proud by winning titles which she herself had never able capture in her playing career: Asian Games and All England.

Wang Xin has become the first women singles player to secure a hattrick of SS titles since the inception in 2007.

Well done to the three girls.

20. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    If I'm LYB, I'd champion Li Xuerui for an Olympic slot instead of WSX. WSX is crap against the other non-chinese candidates whilst Li XR has done well recently.