User Tag List

Thread: TO meet @ lees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TO meet @ lees

http://www.ontariobadminton.on.ca/in...&categoryId=80

Lee's Badminton Club & Training Center offer a carefully planned program that includes a combination of instruction, drills, practice and playing time in a friendly atmosphere.

An Invitation (Free admission) You are invited to see for yourself.

Join us at our Open House on Saturday July 5, 2003, from 1:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. Meet players from the Canadian National and Ontario championship teams and challenge them to a match.

Activities include the Ontario Badminton Association presentation of the Ontario Champions Banner 2003 to Lee’s Badminton Club & Training Center and an exciting badminton match featuring our Ontario Champions players.

Zero, tdotsmasher and I are probably going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm most likely going. You will recognize me there IF I get a chance to play against other people and get OWNED badly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll probably go too to check things out but not sure about playing there though... sounds like it might be packed

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Will "Hoang Quang" be there?

Can anybody confirm or disrefute that this is the same person who wears a knee brace? Just curious since I think I've met the guy before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Deja Vu? I can't shake the feeling that i've seen that quote several times before on this forum... though oddly a search didn't find anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly will go too! All depends if I can get a ride. But it doesn't matter if I go or not because I suck anyways. I'm such a noob! But if you do see me there I'll be the one carrying a racket sleeve with Doggie written on it. From what I have seen, I am the only one that has that sleeve. You can come invite me to get owned if you want, I won't mind.

Tare Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung

Can anybody confirm or disrefute that this is the same person who wears a knee brace? Just curious since I think I've met the guy before.
    I'm not sure if that's the same person: He's in the 35's - 45's & used to be a coach. He is now a full time cop. Oh, and he used to swear A LOT to his players!

I was at a jr tournament a few years ago, & I actually saw him swear to his player in the hall during coaching. Hate to bring this up, but I'd like to verify if it's him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I wish I lived in Toronto, or at least nearby. Nothing ever happens in Belleville.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not going... jeez... my membership there is going to waste...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm defintiely not going but here's what Jennifer Lee told me last Friday about what's happening that day. Basically, we're going to pick a provincial/national player from the a hat or something like that and we're going to play them. If we get points off them, we get prizes. Even if one attains a point, he or she will still receive a prize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Jus_anothr_grl
    Well, I'm defintiely not going but here's what Jennifer Lee told me last Friday about what's happening that day. Basically, we're going to pick a provincial/national player from the a hat or something like that and we're going to play them. If we get points off them, we get prizes. Even if one attains a point, he or she will still receive a prize.
    OMG. Is it just me or can I read between the lines. I see "rigged" being constantly repeated. Ah! It's just me...

Tare Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Jus_anothr_grl
    So visitors or people dropping in doesn't get a chance to play? Only people from Lee's get to play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People not from Lee's are allowed to play ofcourse. provincial/national players are going to play against non provincial/national players that's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can I go in and play for free? (I'm not a member there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tarepanda
    OMG. Is it just me or can I read between the lines. I see "rigged" being constantly repeated. Ah! It's just me...

Tare Panda
    if only score one point the prize is probably going to be something cheap.... perhaps a lee's key chain (valued at $50,000!!)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dex
    I'm not sure if that's the same person: He's in the 35's - 45's & used to be a coach. He is now a full time cop. Oh, and he used to swear A LOT to his players!

I was at a jr tournament a few years ago, & I actually saw him swear to his player in the hall during coaching. Hate to bring this up, but I'd like to verify if it's him.
    Dunno about the swearing part! Does he wear spectacles as well? if he does, then he's probably the same guy I met on a visit to Toronto way back in the early 90's. Nice to know he's still playing after all these years, even with the knee brace.