User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Please recommend me a racket (beginner)

    Hello everyone,

    Planning to get a new racket when I go to HK early next year. please recommend me a few good rackets for me to look at. Now I want to get the BS12 but I find it a little bit out of my budget. My budget is about US$100. Any brand is welcome.

    I played one year and still learning how to play properly. Currently I am using Carbonex 35 but I found it is too stiff for me. I want a racket which is flexible or medium stiff. I mainly play double with my friends.

    Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can I suggest one of the lower tier Li Ning rackets? They may be "lower" than the high end ones, but they perform on par with most of the high end rackets from other brands.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvbifreak View Post
    Can I suggest one of the lower tier Li Ning rackets? They may be "lower" than the high end ones, but they perform on par with most of the high end rackets from other brands.
    Your Suggestion will be most welcome

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A few things you want to consider....

    1) do you play with plastic or feather mainly?

    2) Type of string you want and tension? String type and tension affects its feeling. Some like it soft (bg65), some like it hard (bg80). I prefer the medium feeling of my nbg98 and vs850 at 23lbs.

    3) which would be more comfortable with? a headlight, balanced or heavy head racket?



    So my suggestion would be to try hitting with some of your friends rackets. And then let us know which ones you like the feeling of.


    If you can read chinese. take a look at www.e78.com.hk for the sort of rackets that is available on the HK market and their prices.

    Babolat seems pretty good value for money and within your budget. ( I don't currently own a babolat badminton racket)
    x-feel - HK$680
    Satelite 6.5 - HK$ 640



    Most of upper grade victors will be out of your price range. my own sw37 (4u) cost me HK$ 880.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theseed View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Planning to get a new racket when I go to HK early next year. please recommend me a few good rackets for me to look at. Now I want to get the BS12 but I find it a little bit out of my budget. My budget is about US$100. Any brand is welcome.

    I played one year and still learning how to play properly. Currently I am using Carbonex 35 but I found it is too stiff for me. I want a racket which is flexible or medium stiff. I mainly play double with my friends.

    Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!.
    My suggestion is to find any rackets that feel right & nice in your hand. Not too heavy & not too light either.
    However, if you do have budget, you need to buy a pair of good shoes first, instead of spending money to buy badminton racket. Buy a good badminton shoes & rest of the money can be allocated for buying one or two rackets.

    If you feel that you do need private coach, then you need to restructure your budget first. Just don't buy fake badminton rackets, any legitimate rackets from any brand will just do the work.

    Have a nice holiday at Hongkong....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theseed View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Planning to get a new racket when I go to HK early next year. please recommend me a few good rackets for me to look at. Now I want to get the BS12 but I find it a little bit out of my budget. My budget is about US$100. Any brand is welcome.

    I played one year and still learning how to play properly. Currently I am using Carbonex 35 but I found it is too stiff for me. I want a racket which is flexible or medium stiff. I mainly play double with my friends.

    Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!.
    you can see the BS12 from e78 (or if you cannot read chinese go for sohubuyl.com it's same company but in english)
    it's around HK $980 or US $126

    if you can add a little bit more you could get the racket..

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you may consider this brand, it's quite cheap. i have got BS12 before but i have just sold it recently otherwise i can see it to you. haha

    http://www.apacssports.com/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks guys!! I haven't had a chance to try a head heavy racket since my cabonex 35 is even balanced.

    I believe Ive got a good badminton shoes already.

    Tried to check the Apac racket but it seems not too popular in HK. Cannot check it online.

    interested to get the babolat. Will check it out later.

    Anyone can recommend a Kason racket in my budget range?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, there aren't many good Kason rackets imo, the best ones are F9 and C7

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://apacshk.com/ Apacs website in Hongkong

    Quote Originally Posted by Theseed View Post
    Thanks guys!! I haven't had a chance to try a head heavy racket since my cabonex 35 is even balanced.

    I believe Ive got a good badminton shoes already.

    Tried to check the Apac racket but it seems not too popular in HK. Cannot check it online.

    interested to get the babolat. Will check it out later.

    Anyone can recommend a Kason racket in my budget range?

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a new racket (Please recommend)
    By rvnd95 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 04-13-2012, 03:03 AM
  2. Please recommend a beginner racket (including string) below RM125
    By LS Lim in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 06-26-2011, 07:29 AM
  3. Recommend me a Racket Please!!!
    By TonksShuttle in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 5
    : 09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. Recommend racket for 12 years old beginner/girl
    By brubrick in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 11
    : 11-29-2008, 03:49 PM
  5. Please recommend a racket for a female beginner?
    By lrmix2006 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 37
    : 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •