User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 24 of 24
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I can confirm what most people here say.. YY currently has nothing similar to neither N90 nor N90-II.. N90 is like a Lin Dan tailored improved version of AT700 (similar balance but, heavier, stiffer and more rigid frame. Overall it s lika an AT700 on steroids :-)YYs has gradually moved to more mid-range racket-designs even for the top series (Voltric/Nanorays), probably for marketing reasons selling these racket to recreational players predominately. so we can see some pros switching back to old at700s and arc-10s as they where more kind of pro-designs./T
    Right on the money~ I was actually amazed that the N90 actually played better than the AT700's. Yonex is definately targeting the main masses as is the N90II. Most of my friends do prefer the N90II over the N90 and AT900P's over AT700's which sucks for me since I struggled to find a decent replacement for the longest time. I would be upset if they discontinued the N90

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Right on the money~ I was actually amazed that the N90 actually played better than the AT700's. Yonex is definately targeting the main masses as is the N90II. Most of my friends do prefer the N90II over the N90 and AT900P's over AT700's which sucks for me since I struggled to find a decent replacement for the longest time. I would be upset if they discontinued the N90
    I think it will be around as long as LD is around anyway.. And from what I've heard from some of my pro friends, the N80 is even MORE of a headheavy beast than N90 !!! Exiting if that is true.. have not got one to test yet.. but I have one on order :-D

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can anyone of you give me some info on how the VT80 compares to the AT700 and the N90? I'm surprised by those comments saying that the Voltrics are more "for the masses" since from what I've read so far, a lot of users here seem to have huge difficulties with the heaviness of the VT80, so how much worse (or better, depends on your preference) can AT700 or N90 be?

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yves. View Post
    Can anyone of you give me some info on how the VT80 compares to the AT700 and the N90? I'm surprised by those comments saying that the Voltrics are more "for the masses" since from what I've read so far, a lot of users here seem to have huge difficulties with the heaviness of the VT80, so how much worse (or better, depends on your preference) can AT700 or N90 be?
    People are simply giving their opinions, often biased (just how it goes due to preferences). I doubt any of the people posting here are professional players and would likely lose 21-2 or 21-5 against some of the top players in their respective countries who wield an apparently "less stiff" or "less head heavy" racket. Also keep in mind that the N90 is not a popular racket even among the top international professionals, and is certainly not used much in doubles. Lin Dan shows that he can beat the best in the world (or second best hehe) relatively easily even when he changes rackets - I think he recently used the N50II to destroy LCW (more than once I think) and the rest of the field. Sure, the N50II may be very head heavy and stiff too, but I hope my point has been made.

    If you measured the BP of the VT80 and the AT700, they turn out to be fairly similar. However, I find the VT80 a much more user friendly racket. I can get the same power with it but with the added bonus of defense being much easier. I rarely play singles in my club, so this suits me very nicely. Despite being as head heavy as the AT700, I feel that the VT80 is a great all round racket. It seems the top international professionals agree with this too - there are many singles and doubles players wielding the VT80, while the same could not be said about the AT700.

    One of the better club players I play with (around advanced level) bought an N90 recently (he loves head heavy rackets) - I've noticed that his smash is a bit more consistent (as in he doesn't hit it out or into the net as much hehe) but his power remains much the same. In fact, I still feel he smashes hardest with his Apacs EdgeSaber 10. Interesting stuff.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way, can someone who owns the VT80, AT700 and N90 please post the exact Balance Points of their rackets? "Dry" Balance Points would be ideal, but we'd still get a general idea if not. Thanks.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I think it will be around as long as LD is around anyway.. And from what I've heard from some of my pro friends, the N80 is even MORE of a headheavy beast than N90 !!! Exiting if that is true.. have not got one to test yet.. but I have one on order :-D
    Wow...N80 is even more head heavy...
    We are awaiting your review on N80 then.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are there anybody in here who have tried Li Ning N90 CBA version?
    As we all know, LD AT700 is CP coded, i just wondering about N90 CBA version.

    As i know, LiNing bag have their series tailored for CBA, Display is the same, but more solid & smooth on the inside..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Victor equivalent of Yonex VT-80
    By chibe_K in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM
  2. Victor/Yonex Equivalent to N50
    By senghoe91 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 0
    : 05-30-2011, 05:07 AM
  3. Equivalent of Yonex mp 100 please?
    By itoozlemoche in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 3
    : 11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
  4. Which NON-Yonex racquet is equivalent to...?
    By hyperactive in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 2
    : 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
  5. Which Yonex Racket is equivalent to...
    By xdaehanmingookx in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 05-05-2007, 12:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •