User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Indonesia MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With our MD current condition after being rotated and a solid PBSI team, especially coaches. I am confident we could do it. Gosh, i could not wait for Thomas & Uber Cup Championship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Yup, we'll know who is the third pair after Ahsan/Setiawan, Pratama/Saputra. First debut for Bona/Fran is TPE GP Gold next week, barring any upsets Bona/Ahsann will meet Rendy/Ulin at R/16
    CLELY, I know that you mean Bona/Fran over there instead of Bona/Ahsan.

I like the way Rendy/Ulin play. The reason of why they are losing their first final as a partner during Candra Wijaya Cup V against their former partners are that they committed many unforced errors, especially Ulin, and several times, they don't have any idea who will take that shuttle, and instead waiting each other, especially when the shuttle is well placed in the middle of them. They need to spend more time as a partner and sparring up with other duos, especially Ahsan/hendra since the Reigning 2013 WC MD Champion could really find and utilize that loophole on their junior defense.

3. Likes clawhammers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    With our MD current condition after being rotated and a solid PBSI team, especially coaches. I am confident we could do it. Gosh, i could not wait for Thomas & Uber Cup Championship.
    uber cup? we still far behind other countries like japan, thailand, taipei, india and korea in WS department... SF is a good achievement for uber cup ina's team ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    CLELY, I know that you mean Bona/Fran over there instead of Bona/Ahsan.

I like the way Rendy/Ulin play. The reason of why they are losing their first final as a partner during Candra Wijaya Cup V against their former partners are that they committed many unforced errors, especially Ulin, and several times, they don't have any idea who will take that shuttle, and instead waiting each other, especially when the shuttle is well placed in the middle of them. They need to spend more time as a partner and sparring up with other duos, especially Ahsan/hendra since the Reigning 2013 WC MD Champion could really find and utilize that loophole on their junior defense.

Did u watch the final at AA ?

Hehehee.... I should've joined you then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okiazr View Post
    uber cup? we still far behind other countries like japan, thailand, taipei, india and korea in WS department... SF is a good achievement for uber cup ina's team ...
    Based on current condition, yes i agree that Thomas Team is still better compared to other country than Uber Team. However, we still have plenty of time down the road and who knows our Uber Team will be more motivated as they are watching Thomas Team getting better & better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammers View Post
    Did u watch the final at AA ?

Hehehee.... I should've joined you then
    Yes bro. I managed to watch the final at AA, i love watching badminton matches especially if we are closer to the court. You should join me next time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, so far there are four new couple members on MD department that we can hardly say potential, because there is no room for tournament experience for them yet... The final conclusion i think just as near as the end of this year. Give big hope for Berry-Karanda, Rendy-Ulin, Fran-Bona, and Agri-Hardi.

For WD: I think right now we still wait for the new couples attractions, which we don't see enough yet... We need more than one successive couple to layer GreyNit and also PiRiz at least at the second, third, and fourth partner. Perhaps, the coaches can use the model-partner of GreyNit or PiRiz to be succeeded on pairing them into the new potentially WD of INA, which is in my opinion, tends to be a double-playmaker couple, rather than in a classical-model, playmaker-smasher couple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricky Karanda Suwardi and Berry Angriawan are in the final of London GP Gold 2013. They have had a quite pretty good results so far. This is their only 2nd international tournament since they have been partnered. The 1st one was Indonesia GP Gold 2013 when they ended up as semifinalist. They could be the 3rd pair after Hendra/Ahsan and Annga/Rian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we still can't decide about which pair will be devoted as the third MD of INA yet, because the performance of all pairs isn't stable enough to be put on. But, yes, we can appreciate on the last tournament result that Berry-Karanda is the top priority for the third place of INA's MD. If PBSI give the same tournament schedule for that four new couples, so that we can give quicker conclusion about the performance of each of them.

But the reality isn't that simple, because the different path tournaments and different challenge/competitors make the hard decision making on how to choose the one that best of them. In other way, we should include younger couple like Alexander-Geh to become their best contender in the way to the third place of INA's MD. In my humblest opinion, for a-half or a-year ahead, there will be the raising of the new great INA's MD of Alexander-Geh, and it is not too late for them to joining INA Thomas Cup Team next 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlosindo View Post
    I think we still can't decide about which pair will be devoted as the third MD of INA yet, because the performance of all pairs isn't stable enough to be put on. But, yes, we can appreciate on the last tournament result that Berry-Karanda is the top priority for the third place of INA's MD. If PBSI give the same tournament schedule for that four new couples, so that we can give quicker conclusion about the performance of each of them.

But the reality isn't that simple, because the different path tournaments and different challenge/competitors make the hard decision making on how to choose the one that best of them. In other way, we should include younger couple like Alexander-Geh to become their best contender in the way to the third place of INA's MD. In my humblest opinion, for a-half or a-year ahead, there will be the raising of the new great INA's MD of Alexander-Geh, and it is not too late for them to joining INA Thomas Cup Team next 2014.
    i follow them since junior days. and they remain the same. alexander is the most point maker. but he also the most unforced errors maker. selvanus has a better power compare to his junior days.

1 year to be a great MD ? not likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    i follow them since junior days. and they remain the same. alexander is the most point maker. but he also the most unforced errors maker. selvanus has a better power compare to his junior days.

1 year to be a great MD ? not likely.
    ooh, c'mon mas...give them support especially from you. I know you're the former coach/motivator for them in earlier age before you move abroad, hehehe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlosindo View Post
    ooh, c'mon mas...give them support especially from you. I know you're the former coach/motivator for them in earlier age before you move abroad, hehehe...
    what do you mean ?

i just try to be realistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronald Alexander/Selvanus Geh is going to be split?

Ronald will play in XD with Debby
    Selvanus Geh will be paired with Alfian Eko

(source; @broedyanto)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in 3 out of 4 tourneys, we got 3 titles and 3 runner-up, including 2 INA Final from MD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rosid View Post
    in 3 out of 4 tourneys, we got 3 titles and 3 runner-up, including 2 INA Final from MD.
    Yes... Therefore, I would like to congratulate Ricky/Berry and Wahyu/Ade for their consistent results: Ricky/Berry - SF INA GPG, F London GPG, F Dutch Open GP; Wahyu/Ade - QF INA GPG, SF London GPG, W Dutch Open... However, there is still much room for improvement... So, good luck for the future!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INA MD ranking will soon catch up with the XD.

Hopefully soon, there will be 3 top 10 pairs, 5-6 top 20 pairs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually more impressed with Ricky/Berry than Ade/Wahyu (in particular Berry). I didn't really know how they actually lost to their juniors....but I did notice that Ricky was making so many unforced errors in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Plus Berry got faulted several times by the service judge which made him quite annoyed and frustrated.

From the M/Q list at China SSP, I see that Ricky/Berry are being fast-tracked to be INA no 3 pair and I think they will qualify for the Main Draw at both China SSP and HKG SS.

As for Ade/Wahyu, they appeared quite mediocre and I personally don't think they can reach top 10. At most maybe top 15-20 like Ulin/Ricky. Let's see if they can prove me wrong.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast