Most fast and quick Racket ? What is your experience ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robin76, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

Yesterday I played and old Friendship Tender Ti 10 Racket. Head light, medium flex and with a slim frame. It suited very well. Normally i thought i need more head heavyness to generate power, but I felt (and saw) a very high speed (also for Smashs; the "light feeling" allows me to generate a fast arm rotation).
    What is your recommendation for a very fast/aerodynamic [but also powerful] and light racket? Nanospeed 9900? Bravesword 12? Or the new Nanoray range?
    Normally I dont like very stiff rackets, but I think with a slim frame in connection with a light feel like YY 9900 it feels more medium...
    I will check those kind of racket against a still fast but slightly head heavy racket like the BS11. Thank you!

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you can try a 4u MX80. feels like "ZING!!!" plus it slightly heavy head so you'll still get a bit of power when you need to with the fast smashes.

3. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

Thank you. The "ZING" is exactly what I mean :)
    I remember there was a discussion in another post about the "kinetic energie" and the factors "speed" and "mass" to generate power... For me it seems to be more help- and powerful to have a very fast racket about 290 - 295 mm BP and with a shaft which is slim and not to stiff. This last point could be a point against the MX80 - the stiffness. Maybe I should try also the MX70...

#3 Robin76, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  4. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

I've tried the NS9900, both the NR700FX and 700RP, and the Bravesword series and I prefer the Braveswords.

I've also tried the infamous SW35 in 4u and it's feels very unresponsive when you hit clears or smashes.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yonex NS8000, Yonex NS9900, Li-Ning Windstorm 660, Li-Ning N60, Li-Ning BP770/W2, Carlton Vapour Trail Tour etc?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

IME there's no faster racket than the NS7000.

7. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

To me now it's the nanoray 700 fx and apacs featherweight 200

8. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

It seems that the NS7000 is similar to NS9900, but a liitle bit less stiff. Correct?
    @Ambushes: Which type of Bravesword?
    Finally it seems to be always the same: The personal style and the right string (incl. the tension) decide which one feels most fast and powerful...
    I heard the new Nanoray technology feels not like a development after the Nanospeed series...but that also should be a personal point of view...
    One important information from a guy who works in a badminton shop: the specification (balance point, flex...etc.) is only a orientation. The material in shaft and head, which type of graphit...etc. would be more important in terms of power, speed and control....maybe he is right...
    Have a good time....

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    its a huge difference NS7000 is VERY flexible. NS9900 is one of YYs stiffest!

10. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

11. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    flypower warriors 7 is very fast and quick... not to forget my favourite racket, 4U SW37 :) and SW33C

12. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

for me, it is my 75g ( dry weight) sotx lg 200 (very fast, around medium flex). fast rackets are great for when your arm feels tired.

In my case to lent to girls to play with, or for practising technique ( easier on the shoulders).

You have to remember, for light or head light racket. Power comes from the timing and how fast you can move the head. So if you can't keep swinging your racket fast for the whole game, not much point to using it as a primary weapon.

13. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

if MX80 is too stiff then you already have your answer: the BS11 :D or you can wait a few more weeks for the BS-LYD or BS15 or SW30 or even maybe MX60 :confused::eek::cool:

14. carpediem

carpediem Regular Member

finance
  15. betazone

betazone Regular Member

16. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    RSL Fire Power 9000 - ultra quick and above average power.

17. dexter980

dexter980 Regular Member

WOVEN 1000 4U is my fastest racquet experience
    (Compared to my collection: AS 8DX, BS 10, BS 12 , Woven 1000 II, fisher 83, nanospeed 7700)

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Three properties must exist to get a fast and quick racket:

- low overall weight
    - aerodynamic frame profile
    - headlight balance

All these things have their limit. You can get a 6 U racket, but every advantage brings disadvantages. A 6U racket will lack in terms of power while it's very easy at the net and at defense. It could due the low weight fragile.

You can get one of the most slim frame and shaft, which gives you best acceleration of the racket head, but this means that this racket isn't stable and can collapse easily.

I terms of highlight balance I made an experience with a headlight 3U racket. I add much leadtape around the handle to end up as 2U with a balance point around 240mm. It felt strange and weird. The racket was easy to move around but was unplayable.

So this extremes are possible, but it is important to find your own limits. Every strength can be a weakness, too.

I played one game with my friends Karakal SL-70 Gel. The racket was a dream, I caught nearly every strong smash of my friend. It was easy to do deceptions and double, triple movements. It was a funny toy. But down to serious gaming it was a disease. No Power for smashs and clears. I must put everything into these shots to get a average result.

After all, everything has its limits and borders. For me every racket lighter than 4U is not needful. A balance point lower than 280mm is not pleasant for me. When it comes to aerodynamics I'm a fan of the brave sword design but don't have much experieces with others. In terms of stiffness I would choose something between midstiff to stiff. You wrote you have a fast arm movement it could might be that you benefit more from a stiffer racket. I think you won't have only posts as namedropping of different models. I like the 9900, but everyone is different.
    In relation to your problem. I had a Spira22 a while ago, and didn't get any power of it. My partner in doubles get it from me and said "It's the best of all rackets I ever tried and my smash is a lot harder". For me this combination didn't work. The NS 9900 is a better choice for me. I benefit more from its stiff shaft.

These three properties must be in balance and limited to get a racket which can be satisfied in all aspects. And the stiffness is the fourth variable.

You could try some demos from Tennistown.de. You could choose NS9900, the Nanoray 700 RP (4U) and one of the Karakal 70's. So you can get the Impressions from very light to normal weight and super stiff to midflex. So it can be the next step to determinate which racket would fit you better.

Cheers

P.S. Meld dich mal wegen dem Forza, wenn du den noch haben solltest. Ich w�rde gerne ein paar Bildern sehen.:)

19. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

Thanks a lot for your good and interesiting report! ;-)

Last Friday I played again with the slim frame Friendship Tender 10 TI. And again: For me the Racket is very fast and powerful.
    The racket have a BP about 290 mm (it feels headlight, but it is more even) and it have a weight (incl. overgrip) about 90 gr. [mdium flex, string: BG 80, 10 kg/22 - 22,5 lb]
    So I agree directly to your properties "low weight" and "aeordynamic"; but for me it seems that a even balanced racket would be good as long as it has a light and aerodynamic feeling.

Your experience with the Spira is interesting and it`s again the verfication for me to test e.g. the Bravesword against the NS9900 against the MX804U....

I also said that I normally prefer rackets which are not so stiff. But I could imagine that a stiff, but light, aerodymaic and slime shaft racket suit my style...
    Thanks for your good idea with the test rackets from "tennistown"!

Please check your PM; I want to send you pictures from the FZ ;-)

20. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i propose ns9000S OR X
    or arcsb Z slash if u enjoy smashing..