Spira 22 vs BS 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xxdomination, Dec 28, 2011.

1. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

I am a singles player, who doesn't smash much and prefers to move opponent around. Just wondering if any knowledgeable BCers give a pros and cons for both raquets?

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

bs10 is a super all rounder, quick and decent power, balanced to slight head heavy head but tiring to use if you smash a lot, good thing you dont :D great accuracy and manuevarability. feels like the NS9900 in "ping" ness (repulsiveness)

spira 22 is more flexible, better torsion control though not that BS10 has much problem in that area. lack of speed in comparison to the BS series in general. you're better off with a BS11 than a spira 22 :p

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I owned and played both rackets over 6 month. I sold the Spira 22 to my double partner and bought a second BS10.

Yes, the Spira 22 is a bit more flexible and a bit headlight. In terms of power shots it lacks a bit and needs more efforts for clearing end to end. Especially smashing was lacking. In terms of quickness and defense it's quicker than the BS10. The feeling and control of netting was a bit better than the BS10.
    Both rackets have their strengths.
    Especially in doubles the spira 22 is good in backhand defense the racket really shines. For my liking it was only a one shot wonder whcih was not complete in my eyes.
    For singles the Spira 22 is a too demanding racket. BS10 is a good racket for doubles. But for singles it is not the best choice of the Victor range.

4. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    maybe u shud try spira 21 :)

5. the_mentalist

the_mentalist Regular Member

Student
    How do u compare bs10 and bs12...in terms of speed,power,defense etc.