What's Yonex's answer to the Victor MX80?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Renmazuo27, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

The MX80 has been one of the great finds for me this year. Just a great all round racket whether you are playing Singles, Doubles, Front court or back court and very pretty to look at too.

Now out of curiosity, what does Yonex have in their lineup that comes close to the qualities that the MX80 has shown?

What I mean by this is in terms of "feel". The MX80 being very stiff and slightly head heavy doesn't feel like a sledgehammer but still oozes power and quick enough around the front of the court in a doubles match.

I have tried various Yonex rackets but I'm struggling to find an even/close comparison!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes.. i do agree, Victor rackets which i think really good in feel & power is MX80. I have tried several Victor rackets, but MX80 is really the King , IMO.. I am not saying that other victor rackets are not good, but MX80 is just stand up among the rest..

I have tried & own several Yonex rackets, to me the closest racket from YY line up is Arc 10PG... in my opinion it is quite comparable with MX80 in terms of power, speed, & user friendly element as well, but they are not identical, certain plus & minus are there among the two..

Any other perspectives from other members are most welcome.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't understand the must of this threads which contain "Which racket of brand X ist close to model of brand y?".
    Everytime when I read this the idea comes in mind that a lot of people have a fetish of one brand or are married with one company.
    Why buying a close one while the price of it is higher? This make no sense.
    I understand that a few people here have a sponsorship, but this are only a few.
    If you are satisfied with the MX80 keep one or more. Don't care about Yonex.
    When it comes to the newest technologies no brand can beat Forza.

4. Renmazuo27

It's merely a comparison between two manufacturers. I use both Yonex and Victor rackets and I'm looking for something with similar feel with the other manufacturer. This has nothing to do with sponsorships but just a "food for thought" thread..

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Why? If you love something why looking for something that tastes almost the same but is more expensive? This is stupid and make only sense for fanboys. ;)

6. Renmazuo27

Because I want to see what else Yonex offer that's similar....If I want to use a Yonex alternative and pay the extra money it's my choice isn't it? There's nothing wrong that. I understand your views on this thread but I don't want to turn this OT.

7. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

I think it is a pretty valid question and I don;t even own any yonex rackets.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Some people prefer to close the butt cap of the racket..
    Some people prefer to be on Green mode butt cap
    Some people prefer to have Butt cap in Blue & White

Some people who has extra money may have 3 to 4 different set of outfits & weapons.

Day-1 : After watching WC2011 MSFinal, He wants to dress like LD, take all of their LN weapons & Outfit

Day-2 : Watched some MD games, feel like to dress as LYD, take all the Victor with him

Day-3 : Feel like in LCW mood, bring all YY rackets & outfit

The list can go on & on...

He does not want to lose his touch & feeling on the racket, that's why since he really like a type of racket from particular brand, he may try to find another substitute from another brand...

This is just another way of people expressing their love in Badminton. :D :D :D

Quite freaky, i know, but they do exist :p :p :p

9. Renmazuo27

Thanks Licin...

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    No problem..

I just wanna share in this forum, that those kind of people do exist, & some are even more extreme, they go to court based on their particular brand mood on that day..

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I haven't tried the MX80 but from your description, the Yonex racquet you look for has already been discontinued- Carbonex 22/carbonex 20 power.

12. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I would say Arcsaber10 is the closest to MX80. Has about the same stiffness and head weight. But MX80 is a bit faster cuz it's more aerodynamic. This is just my opinion with brief time with each racket.

13. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

I feel that there is nothing wrong in comparing ...myself for one like to compare...

Being a true sportsman must know his trade well,in other to excel in it.

Be it if you are the lucky few who is being sponsored or not.

For me the reason is simple.
    We can't possibly own all the rackets in the world,
    And there will be reviews based on the diff eqpt manufactured.

Say now...for EXAMPLE ...the Nanoray series ....
    If someone writes a review,he/she might use a racket from another brand to make the comparison.
    And I stress again.
    Nobody will have the capability to buy all the rackets in the world.
    So isn't it good is someone(s) can make reviews based on what they have used before?

Just like me asking in another thread what is yonex equivalent to Li ning's n90 n n90II.

Reason why I ask is that PERSONALLY I don't feel justified to pay for a racket at such a high price which is made in china,whereas I can get a made in Japan probably for the same price or maybe even lesser.
    And the reason why I asked this is because I like the feel of the n90II clone made by flex power,which is only like 20% the cost of an original n90II.
    So am I creating a chance for fans to voice out their support for each individual brands?
    No I don't think so you know...in fact this topic is along the same line as the one I posted and u r the only one who has posted negative remarks on it.

Like what some of them stated,there are thousands of reasons of why pple are doing it.
    And you can't just based on the fact that u feel it's a chance for the unhappiness to creep in and make this remark.

It is totally uncalled for.

#13 Warlock, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

In term of spec, it looks similar to yonex arcsaber 8DX with aerodynamic shape, extra stiff and little head heavy.

Anyhow, I didnt use arcsaber 8DX b4 so cant judge.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Nothing wong with doing some (re)search oneself sometime as well ;). To think this question wouldn't have come up before is borderline ludicrous ...

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Have you tried Arc 10PG?
    How do you find it in compared to Arc10?

17. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Haven't tried Arc10PG so I can't compare.

18. Renmazuo27

I've have the Arc10 and it is quite a bit stiffer than the MX80.

19. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    I agree that the Arc 8dx is similar to the Mx80, except the mx80 swings faster through the air, slightly stiffer and head heavier balanced.

You must have some freak production Arc 10, it's pretty flex compared to the mx80 in my experience.

20. ezish

ezish Regular Member

I think it is Armortec Power 900