Indonesian Thomas - Uber Cup Team

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by miksss, Dec 29, 2011.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

PBSI will select 4 singles players and 3 doubles pairs from this list

Men Team
    1. Simon Santoso
    2. Taufik Hidayat
    3. Tommy Sugiarto
    4. Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka
    5. Alamsyah Yunus
    6. Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    7. Mohammad Ahsan
    8. Bona Septano
    9. Markis Kido
    10. Hendra Setiawan
    11. Alvent Yulianto Chandra
    12. Hendra Aprida Gunawan
    13. Angga Pratama
    14. Rian Agung Saputro
    Women Team
    1. Lindaweny Fanetri
    2. Adrianti Firdasari
    3. Aprilia Yuswandari
    4. Maria Febe Kusumastuti
    5. Bellaetrix Manuputty
    6. Hera Desi Ana Rachmawati
    7. Greysia Polii
    8. Meiliana Jauhari
    9. Vita Marissa
    10. Nadya Melati
    11. Anneke Feinya Agustine
    12. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari
    13. Liliyana Natsir
    14. Shendy Puspa Irawati

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

PBSI starts selection for Thomas, Uber Cups

JAKARTA: The Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) has started its preparations for next year’s Thomas and Uber Cup badminton tournaments by selecting some of the country’s finest shuttlers.

For the men’s team, the PBSI has chosen Simon Santoso, Taufik Hidayat, Tommy Sugiarto, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Alamsyah Yunus, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Mohammad Ahsan, Bona Septano, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan, Alvent Yulianto Chandra, Hendra Aprida Gunawan, Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputro.

Meanwhile in the women’s team, the potential shuttlers are Lindaweny Fanetri, Adrianti Firdasari, Aprilia Yuswandari, Maria Febe Kusumastuti, Bellaetrix Manuputty, Hera Desi Ana Rachmawati, Greysia Polii, Meiliana Jauhari, Vita Marissa, Nadya Melati, Anneke Feinya Agustine, Nitya Krishinda Maheswari, Liliyana Natsir and Shendy Puspa Irawati.

“It is not the fixed team. We will hold a simulation by end of next month to pick 10 men and 10 women for the main team,” Jacob told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday.

In the main team formation, Indonesia will have four singles’ players and three pairs of doubles to compete in the annual event, which will be held in Wuhan, China from May 20-27.

PBSI head of athletic development Hadi Nasri said that the selection of the current team was based on each individual’s performance in several tournaments during 2011, including the recent SEA Games.

“During the SEA Games, we saw the ability of our men’s and women teams. We will also be able to use this potential in the upcoming Cups. Coaches will select the best shuttlers to compete in the events,” said Hadi as quoted by the PBSI website, www.pb-pbsi-org.

Indonesia has recorded 13 wins in the Thomas Cup, while its Uber Cup team has collected three victories during the period of 1958-2002.

Amid years of poor performances, Indonesia will aim high at the 2012 Thomas and Uber Cups.

source :
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/12/29/pbsi-starts-selection-thomas-uber-cups.html

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I think Japan will be the top seeded in Uber Cup followed by Chinese Taipei, Thailand and Indonesia.

So probably INA will be at the same group with Japan or Taipei. I prefer INA to be in the same group with Taipei.

While i think INA men team will be first seeded, and INA will avoid KOR as second seeded. So INA will probably at the same group with Malaysia or Japan.

#5 miksss, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

INA or KOR will both be hell for Malaysia :p

Against INA : 1 point from LCW, lose the other 2 singles and 1st doubles, 2nd doubles 45-55
    Against KOR : 1 point from LCW, lose both doubles and 3rd singles, 2nd singles 40-60

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I want to revise my earlier pick [​IMG]This is my pick :

Men Team

Simon Santoso - He should be in the team, hope he has recovered from his illness.
    Taufik Hidayat - I still he is still OK if he want to attack more. I think he is still good to beat other countries MS2.
    Tommy Sugiarto - If he keep consistent, he is good enough to beat other countries MS3.
    Alamsyah Yunus - He deserve a spot as reserve players. Perhaps he could be fielded against weaker player.

Big
    NO for Hayom, lack of spirit and not consistent
    [​IMG] The others two names like Tommy and Alamsyah are more deserved it! [​IMG]

Bona Septano/Mohammad Ahsan - They should be fielded, not sure if Alvent will be choosen. I hope they will give faith on Bona/Ahsan.
    Kido/Hendra - been
    not consistent throughout the year but they still deserve to be selected and requires a lot ofpoints to defend their gold medal at Olympic.
    [​IMG]
    Annga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro - they deserve a spot too, they could be fielded when facing a weaker pair, add experience for them.

Women Team

Lindaweni Fanetri - hope she has recovered from injure already.
    Adrianti Firdasari - ditto.
    Aprilia Yuswandari - very not consistent, but shd be in the team
    Bellaetrix - as reserve player.. perhaps couold be fielded against weaker player
    Greysia/Meiliana - Hopefully Greysia will recover 100% when Uber Cup later. This pair going down recently after Greysia injury.
    Nitya/Feinya - they deserve a spot despite they still INA WD2(rank #18) behind Vita/Nadya(rank #12)
    [​IMG]
    Lilyana/Shendy - not too convinced on them. Thats why i really hope Greysia will recovered quicky, so we don't need to field Butet/Shendy.
    [​IMG]

all the best
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. sen

sen Regular Member

Taufik showed no team spirit during Sea Games and they still consider asking him to be in Thomas Cup team?

He should be more firm and say no like last Sudirman Cup if he is not 100% committed.

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Agree.. actually quite hard to choose between TH or Hayom.. both lack of spirit [​IMG]

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If Taufik shows no team spirit, I prefer the spot to be given to Shesar Hiren Rhustavito. He could be fielded in 1 group match against teams like Laos or Sri Lanka.

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Hmm.. if April still not recover from injure.. i think Hera Desi will replace her.

12. sen

sen Regular Member

As this is only Thomas Cup prelim, I think it is safe to field : Simon, Tommy, Alam and a young player(Vito maybe) but I think PBSI will still put Hayom or Taufik in.

I am not sure how many spots for Thomas Cup qualifying for Asia. 4 or 5 ? If 5, I think INA, KOR, JPN, MAS and THA will make it. TPE and IND have little chance of upsetting any of the top 5.

Even if only 4, I think INA will make it too by relying more on doubles rather than singles.

As for Uber Cup, I guess it will be 4 slots. China and Korea automatic thru so only 4 slots left. It should be JPN, THA, TPE, INA as top 4. SIN, MAS, IND have little chance of upsetting the top 4.

13. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

CHN men's team and KOR women's team will play TUC Preliminery Round in Asia for points of Olympics 2012.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Tim manager forINA is Lutfi Hamid and assistant is Ricky Subagja so Taufik will be IN for sure...they talked to me for few things during Macau open..not sure if I will be back to Asia on time...

15. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]
    where are you?

16. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I think semifinal for both Uber cup and Thomas Cup will be the maximum result that these 2 teams can get.

pretty sad but it's actually being realistics:crying::crying::crying:

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

CHN men's team may possibly have plans and make allies with INA, KOR, JPN, THA and TPE to stop MAS team to qualify for Thomas Cup Finals slot, NO MATTER WHAT COST.

This will bring a very BAD NEWS for MAS men's team if they keep unaware about this...

18. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

With Nitya and Greysia are still injured, I don't know how Ina can get points from WD :(

19. milky2529

milky2529 Regular Member

:rolleyes:
    yeah..
    and now plus ahsan.. His injury is just soooo bad.. I don't know if he can play in Thomas.. Their performance (I mean BoSan) is getting worse due to ahsan's injury.. Read this for more information about ahsan:
    http://olahraga.inilah.com/read/detail/1819045/badai-cedera-simulasi-thomas-uber-cup-batal

with nitya, greysia, ahsan are still injured, honestly, I don't think INA will do any better in Thomas/Uber 2012..
    waaaaaaaahhhh.. somebody, please help us! :crying:

#19 milky2529, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  20. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    Very bad news for INA Camp...:(
    Hope at least INA can qualified to Thomas and Uber final round