Malaysia Mens Team & Womens Team for Thomas / Uber Cup 2012

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Everyone list out your favourite (unofficial) Malaysia's Thomas / Uber Cup team players for upcoming Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012.

My choice as below:

Mens Team:

Lee Chong Wei
    Daren Liew
    Chong Wei Feng
    Arif Latif
    Zulfaldi Zulkifli
    Goh Soon Huat
    Chan Kwong Beng
    Koo Kien Keat
    Tan Boon Heong
    Goh V Shem
    Lim Khim Wah
    Hoon Thien How
    Tan Wee Kiong
    Ow Yao Han
    Mak Hee Chun
    Ong Soon Hock
    Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari
    Mohd Zakry Latif

Womens Team:

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

10 people are the maximum. You can't bring so many people...

If I have to pick my 10...

Mens Team:
    Lee Chong Wei
    Liew Daren
    Mohd Arif Abdul Latif
    Zulfadli Zukliffi
    Koo Kien Keat
    Tan Boon Heong
    Goh V Shem
    Lim Khim Wah
    Hoon Thien How
    Tan Wee Kiong

Womens Team:
    Tee Jing Yi
    Lydia Cheah Li Ya
    Sonia Cheah Su Ya
    Sannatasah Saniru
    Vivian Hoo Kah Mun
    Woon Khe Wei
    Chin Eei Hui
    Wong Pei Tty
    Ng Hui Lin
    Goh Liu Ying

3. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    Zulfadli's dad said "let the asian and world junior champion play thomas cup"..Sounds a lil arrogant hor...

Is Julia Wong not playing for Ubercup? She's still active although no longer in bam.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday January 15, 2012
    Thomas Cup call-up revitalises Thien How and Kok Siang
    FORMER world junior doubles champions Hoon Thien How and Teo Kok Siang had doubts over about the longevity of their careers after knee injuries last year.
    But all those thoughts vanished when they were included in the team for the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament in Macau from Feb 13-19.
    Thien How aggravated a knee injury at the Denmark Open last October and has not competed in any tournaments for the last three months.
    “I’m back in training and my condition is better. Being named in the Thomas Cup squad comes as a big surprise and I am grateful for the opportunity,” said Thien How.
    “The coaches may pair me with anyone but I will be ready for the task,” added Thien How, who won the world junior title with Tan Boon Heong in 2004.
    In fact, Thien How was paired with Boon Heong at the Sudirman Cup and the duo pulled off an upset win over South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung in the mixed team group tie.
    Kok Siang, who won the world junior title with Mak Hee Chun in 2008, was shocked at getting the call-up.
    “I didn’t expect this at all. I was down with a knee injury last February and had to undergo surgery. I only returned to competition in November.
    “I’m happy that the coaches have faith in me,” said Kok Siang.
    “I will be out to deliver the goods if I am selected to play. My physical condition is getting better now,” added Kok Siang, who did well with Ong Jian Guo before going down in the opening round against Kim Ki-jung-Kim Sa-rang of South Korea in the Malaysia Open.
    KLRC’s Mohd Hafiz Hashim was honoured that he had been recalled for national duty despite leaving the BAM setup to seek his fortunes as an independent player a year ago.
    “I was a bit surprised but I’m grateful that I have been given a chance to feature in the Thomas Cup again.
    “I will do my best to deliver as the second singles,” said Hafiz, who has played in every Cup Finals since making his debut at the 2002 edition in Guangzhou.
    “The ultimate aim is to help Malaysia make the Finals. We have a weaker squad but I’m confident that team spirit will take us through.”
    The others in the squad are Lee Chong Wei, Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and doubles pairs Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Lim Khim Wah-Goh Wei Shem.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/1/15/sports/10268505.asp&sec=sports