Edmonton, YONEX ALBERTA SERIES #1

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by yonexfanatic, Jul 3, 2003.

1. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Yonex alberta series at the derrick club in edmonton this month (july 25, 26, 27).

Anyone participating?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

DJ/Producer
    address

what's the address of the Derrick club?

Also, where can I buy a professional badminton racket and shoes in Edmonton. I'll be passing through there before I get to Vancouver and thought it may be cheaper to get equipment there.

3. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Re: address

Well, actually, Edmonton only has one specialized store as far as I know, aside from the pro shops in clubs. So therefore, it's almost like a monopoly and I've seen the MP-100 for $299CAD there the last time I was went to check!
    Vancouver, on the other hand, has several badminton shops and so prices should be cheaper.

On another note, doesn't John Luu run a sporting goods store in Edmonton? Is there a website and what is the location of the store?

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Re: address

The Derrick club is located on 3500-119 Street.

I would have to agree with Hugo...i believe the one specialized store he's talking about is the Sweet Spot...and yes...the prices there for any kind of racket is very ridiculous.. i own a ti swing power and i saw it at the sweet spot for almost 300 dollars...at this time, the ti swing is worth maybe $200-230 at most..

I'm not too sure about prices in vancouver since i've never visited the badminton shops over there but if there's other brands you're into besides yonex and what not, you can always talk to winex west can about the winex brand and see what prices he's offering down in vancouver.