User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, just learned something. Besides the phrase "Malaysia Boleh', they also have "syiok sendiri'.
    Talk is cheap, ppl are entitled to their opinion. But records will hold. It's just that simple. 20 years
    down the road, ppl will ask "which player(s) have won the WC, Olympic". The answers are on record
    - cast on stone. I don't think many of us will remember who won the most China Open, Indonesian Open or Danish Open. I do remember Morten Frost winning a few AE titles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they wouldn't find a good frontman so soon, they already hv the biggest smashers in the game
    Last edited by betazone; 01-15-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is saying that the chinese MD are BAD. Just that they are not as good as the rest of the chinese combinations once you remove FHF/CY. You would think a country with such a ridiculous number of top MS players would be equally dominant at MD too with say 3 or more top MD pairs instead of one lone top-pairing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, the main point is that CHINA has GOOD men doubles pairs. But apparently the TS thought that being good means being able to perform by being a scratch pair. Who was a scratch pair when they won the Malaysian Open in 2010? Think again!

Even if you are so dominant, there must be an Achilles Heel somewhere, and for China it happens to be mens doubles. Their men doubles are damn good, and they even have one pair that is the best in the world alongside their Korean counterparts, while their second and third pair is not bad too. And you dare to say that their MD is not good because they don't dominate like WS, WD and XD?

Why don't we create a thread saying
    'Why Can't Malaysia Produce EVEN average Men's Doubles pairs?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its just because of the outspoken dominance in the other disciplines that the contrast is this noticeable. As undeadshot pointed out, they do not have bad pairs, the pressure from other countries is just higher in MD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair I have agree with the OP, even Li Yongbo said once during the Sudirman cup tournament of 2009 that the tournament was designed to be against China because their Men Double's was their weakest discipline.

In my opinion when I do look at their other disciplines they do dominate harder than they do in Men Doubles and it would be interesting to see in the future if they could have 2-3 pairs on a Cai/Fu standard. Just like how right now they have great players in other disciplines but they have more than just 1 fantastic pair/player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chai biao is champion material

i just wish the coaches would give Zhang Nan (another champion in the making) and CB a chance to cement themselves as an established pairing.

Guo Zhen Dong is a solid B team player but he's not going to be winning any major trophies with CB. GZD is holding back CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the Indonesia Open, quarter final match of - M.Boe/C.Mogensen vs Chai B./Guo Z and the Chinese pair struggled a lot. It seemed to me that Chai B. Performed worse than Guo Z. here. They simply couldn't compete with the danes at their level. Anyways, I hope to see China develop more cai's and fu's soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3