User Tag List

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah. not too excited about the new color. a bit too shiny for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, if u r in Singapore, do check out the victor sales in the official victor shop in eunos from 17 Nov to 24 Nov. buy a shoe get the second shoe with a cheaper price free

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sh1t! Didn't do some practice lunges as planned. And guess what ... slipped again on the mat while going for a deep lunge. No sweat or debris on the ground... just a long white streak of rubber left on the mat.

Is this just me and Borbor and no one else with this problem? I've *never* had this problem with my previous shoes before.
    Last edited by visor; 12-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Sh1t! Didn't do some practice lunges as planned. And guess what ... slipped again on the mat while going for a deep lunge. No sweat or debris on the ground... just a long white streak of rubber left on the mat. Is this just me and Borbor and no one else with this problem? I've *never* had this problem with my previous shoes before.
    I went to a shop which sells Victor goods in Tokyo. The shop only have SH8500 in stock and if you want to buy SH9000 you have to let them know. Anyway, thus so far there have only been one person who has bought the SH9000 and this person never mentioned an problems with the shoe accordingly to the shopkeeper.

I'm curious though how you land when you lunge? Just like with Yonex round sole you're supposed to land on the very end of the sole first. Still, I'm getting worried when I hear about this and I am considering buying the SH8500 instead.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    I'm curious though how you land when you lunge? Just like with Yonex round sole you're supposed to land on the very end of the sole first. Still, I'm getting worried when I hear about this and I am considering buying the SH8500 instead.
    As I've attached on the previous page, I land on the brown rubber part first then roll onto the white part. The problem arises when my foot hasn't fully landed and my weight is still moving forward in the lunge, so there is a slight slip. But this slight slip never troubled my previous Yonex shoes as the heel material was all rubber, not this white rubber which is designed to be resistant to wear but unfortunately is definitely less grippy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As I've attached on the previous page, I land on the brown rubber part first then roll onto the white part. The problem arises when my foot hasn't fully landed and my weight is still moving forward in the lunge, so there is a slight slip. But this slight slip never troubled my previous Yonex shoes as the heel material was all rubber, not this white rubber which is designed to be resistant to wear but unfortunately is definitely less grippy.
    Hm, looking at the SH8500 for an example, it looks like that one has about the same amount of different rubber, but instead of white, it's grey. Wonder if it's the same there as well... I'm going to try and feel both shoes when I get the chance to next week.
    Would be nice if the other players who have tried the 9000 could make an input on this problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heal rubber of the 9000 and 8500 look nearly identical - the 9000 having a bit more channeling down the centre of the brown area and also in the white area (grey, in the case of the 8500)

Grip wish, I would say they are close. The 8500 is certainly no worse than the 9000 for sure, and could well be a bit better. One thing is for sure, the 8500 offer a lot more cushioning at the back and is very noticable softer when lunging.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me on mats, the white is a non issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

visor,
    try putting simplegreen on just the white part to make it more sticky. hope that helps.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 101LTD have split - well, the left one has - so I've got a pair of these on order for the new year. Simply couldn't resist them any longer.

You can all look forward to one of my usual nerd reviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by !┐Clue?! View Post
    Our varsity team practices on hardwood floors and I can personally report with the SH9000ACE that I don't notice any marks/streaks on the court.
    Clue, have you had any problems with the grip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpcml View Post
    The heal rubber of the 9000 and 8500 look nearly identical - the 9000 having a bit more channeling down the centre of the brown area and also in the white area (grey, in the case of the 8500)Grip wish, I would say they are close. The 8500 is certainly no worse than the 9000 for sure, and could well be a bit better. One thing is for sure, the 8500 offer a lot more cushioning at the back and is very noticable softer when lunging.
    So does the 8500 behave different on hard wood floor compared to the 9000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does the 8500 behave different on hard wood floor compared to the 9000?
    Not sure - I haven't played in my 9000 for a while. The 8500 compresses a lot more, which would suggest it should slide less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpcml View Post
    Not sure - I haven't played in my 9000 for a while. The 8500 compresses a lot more, which would suggest it should slide less.
    So if someone asked, which one of them would you recommend ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Everything View Post
    Hey, if u r in Singapore, do check out the victor sales in the official victor shop in eunos from 17 Nov to 24 Nov. buy a shoe get the second shoe with a cheaper price free
    How to checkout when the dates are over even after ur post? Haha :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if someone asked, which one of them would you recommend ?
    If anyone asks me. 9000 if you want speed with comfort; 8500 if you want the best in comfort and grip. My opinion only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got these shoes 2 weeks ago, and have only had trouble It seems like the "outer" (left side of left shoe, and right side of right shoe) part of the soles doesn't flare out enough, so when I split step or try to move horizontally, my feet kind of go "over" the sole...? Anyone else have this problem? I used to wear the SHB-102 LTD, and did not have this problem.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast