User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rAInMo9 View Post
    Got these shoes 2 weeks ago, and have only had trouble It seems like the "outer" (left side of left shoe, and right side of right shoe) part of the soles doesn't flare out enough, so when I split step or try to move horizontally, my feet kind of go "over" the sole...? Anyone else have this problem? I used to wear the SHB-102 LTD, and did not have this problem.
    One thing I have notice is that the padding on top and side is a lot less than other shoes. This also make it feel less supportive and less forgiving to not tying your shoes tight. Do you tie your shoes snugly or wear them kind of loose? My shoes have been great, but I do have to tie them up snugly.

Cheers
    Hugh
    Last edited by tigerlam92; 12-17-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the 9000 Ace last week. I saw the grip issue on the first day, right out of the box on the court. A bit slippery at times. Took it home that night and put windex window cleaner on a paper towel and wiped just the white parts. The second day, i had no grip problems anymore.

The worst thing though is i have blisters on the top of my foot where the tongue of the shoe touches the foot. I think it has to do with the tongue design. I think i will try to modify this tongue to make it less harsh... In the meantime I'll try all sorts of blister care stuff.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Tks... I'll have to try the window cleaner too. Perhaps there's some waxy material leftover from the moulding and release process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Tks... I'll have to try the window cleaner too. Perhaps there's some waxy material leftover from the moulding and release process.
    Waiting for your report!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, so I got my pair today and like everyone else says: they are very comfortable. I felt very agile on court and the shoes felt very light compared to my previous Yonex shoes.I got extra laces (black) and a London 2012 bag with it.

Now to the main problem. I also noticed the problem with the white part of the sole being slippery. I played a fast singles game first and during the third point, I was going to lunge for an incoming drop shot and slipped. It wasn't bad and I didn't fall or anything, just slipped a little. After that we played mainly doubles and I never noticed it again.

On a closer look at the sole after the practice, I've noticed that some of the white has come off like some residue of sort. I also noticed that it looks like they PAINTED those parts in question. If that is the case, which it most likely is due to the paint / residue of it coming off during practice, then it is possible that the solution of the problem would be to clean the white part like paulierand suggested. Going to try them out again on Saturday.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I hope that part gets softer and grippier with break in and use... when I slipped, it left a long 1 ft white streak mark on the mat floor. I'm going to practice a couple lunges before i play next time to see if its something I need to be cautious about.
    Same been happening to me - slip, white streak. Wee bit scary sometimes

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reporting back after using window cleaner, perhaps it helped. I played on suspended hardwood floor 2x and didn't slip.

Thinking about it, the 2x I slipped were on a particular matted floor at one gym. It's quite new and one of those harder surface ones with a slightly gritty surface (where you wouldn't want to dive on or else your arms and elbows will end up with pretty severe abrasions)... perhaps its the combination of the shoe and the mat. But then, I've never had a problem on this mat with my previous Yonex shoes...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    Right, so I got my pair today and like everyone else says: they are very comfortable. I felt very agile on court and the shoes felt very light compared to my previous Yonex shoes.I got extra laces (black) and a London 2012 bag with it.

Now to the main problem. I also noticed the problem with the white part of the sole being slippery. I played a fast singles game first and during the third point, I was going to lunge for an incoming drop shot and slipped. It wasn't bad and I didn't fall or anything, just slipped a little. After that we played mainly doubles and I never noticed it again.

On a closer look at the sole after the practice, I've noticed that some of the white has come off like some residue of sort. I also noticed that it looks like they PAINTED those parts in question. If that is the case, which it most likely is due to the paint / residue of it coming off during practice, then it is possible that the solution of the problem would be to clean the white part like paulierand suggested. Going to try them out again on Saturday.
    I usually apply acetone or rubbing alcohol to the soles of new shoes and use a scrubbing brush to get rid of any dust or residue before the first use. There's no way to know how long the shoes have been sat around in their box, or what was left on them after moulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty happy with the shoes now.

I applied some Dr. Scholl's brand Moleskin on the inside because of the blisters i developed and they're comfortable now. No slipping or anything.

I previously had a pair of Yonex SHB-86EX with Spenco Polysorb insoles and had a lot of heel pain. The 9000 ace seems to get rid of that. Going to wait a while before trying the 9000's with the Spenco Insole...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulierand View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the shoes now.

I applied some Dr. Scholl's brand Moleskin on the inside because of the blisters i developed and they're comfortable now. No slipping or anything.

I previously had a pair of Yonex SHB-86EX with Spenco Polysorb insoles and had a lot of heel pain. The 9000 ace seems to get rid of that. Going to wait a while before trying the 9000's with the Spenco Insole...
    I also have the PS Total Support - it'll be interesting to compare...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I used the shoes again yesterday for a singles game and didn't notice any difference in grip anymore. I also used the window cleaner on my other shoes as well and and it does work well I must say!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sh9000 ace-g

Name:  102087_13563623004f8V.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  90.1 KBName:  102087_135636230133T9.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  75.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BengGuan View Post
    Name:  102087_13563623004f8V.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  90.1 KBName:  102087_135636230133T9.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  75.5 KB
    Wow, that color is... Pretty flashy. Definitely not my style.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flashy is okay. but it's too green... too boring... more white on the side and at the front and it would be very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got my pair last week, replacing Yonex 101 Limited edition, shoes are very comfortable and do not need break in, very good support, the design is very nice, material selection is top notch also. i got the yellow black color combination. highly recommended.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ias2009 View Post
    got my pair last week, replacing Yonex 101 Limited edition, shoes are very comfortable and do not need break in, very good support, the design is very nice, material selection is top notch also. i got the yellow black color combination. highly recommended.
    Bodes well for me - you switched from my own outgoing shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention, I have quite wide feet but I can wear these shoes without problem.I used to wear Yonex 81W and 82W.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast