User Tag List

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Would you recommend this shoe if I play exclusively on mat?
    Yep, that's what I use.

But be warned that this shoe is 20% cushioning, 80% speed, whereas other shoes like SC5EX is 80% cushioning, 20% speed. So if you have bad knees like me, you'll need to change to a thicker insole.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seconded. Had a singles tournament yesterday (5 matches, one of them around the 40min mark) and by the end of it, my feet were rather sore, same this morning. In training today, everything was fine again (though my everything from my elbow to my shoulder blade wasn't ).

Heel is dampened decently, I don't get real heel pain (I sometimes do in most Yonex), but it's a bit hard on the feet and legs (depending on what problems you're prone to have - shins, knees, even hips...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    A few weeks in now - some thoughts. Note: stock insoles replace with Poly Sorb Total Support.

Looks - 9.5/10

Put simply, the best-looking badminton shoe I've seen so far. The white and candy-apple red is a fanstastic base, and that flash of silver on the side breaks things up nicely. If the red had been carried all the way around the instep (which is a bit boring with white alone) it would have got 10.

Fit - lengthways -10/10; lateral 9/10

I was told this would be a narrow fit, but my feet aren't especially narrow and I've encountered no problems. I went for US10 coming from US10.5 Yonexes, and the length-ways fit is spot on.

There's a nice touch on the back: a little patch "one way" fabric - like pool table nap - on the Achilles area that stops the heel lifting out of the shoe.

Support - lengthways - 9/10; lateral 9/10

I hated the old Victor TalonGuard - it felt like somebody was sticking a drawing pin in the outside of my foot. These, though, give very unobtrusive support that only chimes in when needed. My feet don't move around at all in these things, but they don't feel constricted - perfect compromise.

Cushioning - 8/10

I'd expected such a low and fast shoe to skimp on comfort, but it doesn't. Granted, it's not like having your feet stuck in marshmallows like some, but you're not going to come off court with aching soles. Bear in mind, I'm 185 lb bouncing around on size nines...

Grip - 8/10 (now...)

My first session was nearly a disaster, like I had bowling shoes on - no traction whatsoever. After a couple of hours, though, the grip just switched on out of nowhere - seems I had to burn through some factory leftovers to get to the good rubber. They don't grip quite as well as my former 101 LTD, but the issue comes up very rarely, and not at all if the court has been dusted.

Can't comment on durabilty yet, but I will say that the red area has "sunk" slightly - become concave - around the little toe. Doesn't detract from the performance at all.

Price - 6.5/10 (UK); 7.5/10 (overseas)

Retailers (or, rather, the retailer) here sell them for around a hundred quid - would I pay that? No, but I wouldn't pay a huindred quid for any brand's badminton shoes. You can have them imported for around 80, which is a bit more like it, but IMO 70 would be the threshold of fairness.

Overall, an excellent looking and performing shoe.
    Mark, would you mind measuring your foot for me? I wear a size 9.5 yonex (86EX) and I was wondering what the Victor equivalent would be. My foot is 10.25 inches or 26 cm in length.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoo View Post
    Mark, would you mind measuring your foot for me? I wear a size 9.5 yonex (86EX) and I was wondering what the Victor equivalent would be. My foot is 10.25 inches or 26 cm in length.
    I was using 86EX before switching to SH9000, I can say they're pretty much the same size. Victor ones feel slightly narrower, and slightly shorter, but only slightly not enough to feel uncomfortable. Best try them yourself, but this is my experience (I have fairly wide feet)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would always trust the cm measurement of Victor - the 29.5 fit me perfectly. First 2-3 sessions are uncomfortable, another 3 are not-quite-there-yet and after that it's perfection. Other than the Yonex where I start with 'pretty good', get to 'great' after 2 sessions and can't get them tight enough after another 3 without ripping a shoe lace

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't 9.5 a lil' big for you or a good fit (sounds a size too big?)? In any case a 9.5 Yonex is 27.5cm and seems Victor has the same size table ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-19-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kazoo, my foot is 26.5cm and i am a uk size 9 in yonex and for the Victor 9000ace uk size 9 is a perfect fit also.
    Last edited by craigandy; 04-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is just under 27 cm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be due to having wider feet, I am not sure though. My feet are about 10 cm wide (measured across just below the toes) at the widest part of my foot. In size 9.5 there is about 1.5 cm of room between my big toe and the end of the shoe (as if you were to put the width of your thumb in the gap between your big toe and the end). My feet will obviously move a small amount if I lunge, but trying to move them around while standing it might move about 1-2mm.

I guess my next question is, how much room does everyone have between their big toe and the end of the shoe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Kazoo, my foot is 26.5cm and i am a uk size 9 in yonex and for the Victor 9000ace uk size 9 is a perfect fit also.
    Seems like UK size 9 is the equivalent of US/CAN size 10, which would make your sizing the same as mine(26.5 cm for size 10 vs my 26 cm for size 9.5).
    Last edited by Kazoo; 04-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like UK size 9 is the equivalent of US/CAN size 10, which would make your sizing the same as mine(26.5 cm for size 10 vs my 26 cm for size 9.5).
    No, a UK 9 = US 9.5 ... (for Yonex/Victor). My feet are 27cm long and 11(.5)cm at widest and I wear a US 10/should be wearing , but a thumb's width space is a common recommendation so you are probably still okay. Maybe I could do with a 10.5US Yonex, had a 9.5 with little room so didn't get much use and rubber has turned hard by now so a waisted pair .
    A rule of thumb was also to put your foot on a piece of paper and trace it, then measure and substract 0.5cm (to account for measuring inaccuracies) and then get 1cm up as the size so (27 - 0.5 = 26.5, 26.5 + 1 = 27.5 = 9.5US)
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-20-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that last one didn't turn out so well (for Yonex anyway, feel Asics 27cm might be pretty close to Yonex 27.5). Not that they were too small to wear, just a size up was better ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-20-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind that, not up to me to recommend a Victor size in general since these models all differ from generation in width, fit, etc. but 27cm or 27.5cm likely would be okay for you. Perhaps those so called "wide" feet of other 9000ACE users can be put into numbers first ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-20-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I tried on some size 9's (27cm) they felt a bit snug and that's why I opted for 9.5. I guess I could technically go for the 9's and hope they expand or form to my foot. Not by any means were they overly tight, but I just preferred 9.5 when trying them on.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used my 9000's a half-dozen or so times. There is no wear to be seen on non-racquet-foot side of big toe just a bit of dirt. At the same stage with a pair of yonex mx101 I will have worn through the top layer in a small patch already.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be due to having wider feet, I am not sure though. My feet are about 10 cm wide (measured across just below the toes) at the widest part of my foot. In size 9.5 there is about 1.5 cm of room between my big toe and the end of the shoe (as if you were to put the width of your thumb in the gap between your big toe and the end). My feet will obviously move a small amount if I lunge, but trying to move them around while standing it might move about 1-2mm.

I guess my next question is, how much room does everyone have between their big toe and the end of the shoe?
    Starting to wear the 9000ACE, about 3mm, now it's roughly 7-8...nearly no noticeable movement on court, however I successfully removed the glued-on top layer of the insole over the last week. Not so nice when it started bunching up under my foot today, so I had to cut it. No worries though, I've got 2 replacements from old 9000s I can use until my adidas finally arrive in the right size

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    No, a UK 9 = US 9.5 ... (for Yonex/Victor). My feet are 27cm long and 11(.5)cm at widest and I wear a US 10/should be wearing , but a thumb's width space is a common recommendation so you are probably still okay. Maybe I could do with a 10.5US Yonex, had a 9.5 with little room so didn't get much use and rubber has turned hard by now so a waisted pair .
    A rule of thumb was also to put your foot on a piece of paper and trace it, then measure and substract 0.5cm (to account for measuring inaccuracies) and then get 1cm up as the size so (27 - 0.5 = 26.5, 26.5 + 1 = 27.5 = 9.5US)

Nope mine say US 10, UK 9

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast