User Tag List

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 443 to 459 of 475
  1. #443
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After 5 months using the SH-9000ACE... regular use of ~2-3 times per week.... used indoors only.

    - some signs of wear are showing at the forefoot. The fit is not as "snug" as before. Lateral support from at the forefoot has decreased.
    - sole is showing some wearout (i play on wood courts).
    - I must agree with the comments about minimal cushioning at the forefoot. I swear i can sometimes feel the bumps on the floor surfaces (ie., ridges on stair edges, etc).

    I see it lasting for another half year.

    Durability is still good BUT I must say that my Yonex SHB-102MX was more resistant to wear... Just to throw in numbers, I would assume that the SHB-102MX would last 10-20% more.

  2. #444
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Got my new kit from VICTOR today - the shoes look even better in real life!

    Name:  shoes.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  59.2 KB

  3. #445
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks amazing Ben.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  4. #446
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,635
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where did you get it Ben?

  5. #447
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    where did you get it Ben?
    I run small retail business in the UK so ordered these directly in from VICTOR (and added a couple of extra pairs for myself!)

  6. #448
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    purple shirt will surely look nice with the green shoes! :O

  7. #449
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is one question regarding shoes and especially for badminton shoes, that is are these shoes wider at the tow region? I need shoes were my big toe will not be bend inwards, like it wants to cuddle with its tinier comrades. I found the 8000 Matsui plus pleasuring my needs perfectly. I owned Yonex SH 101 and 102 which were fine. I then bought the SH 86, which were cut very tight and I had to buy it one size larger then usual. I also tested the Asics Gel Blade 3. Victor shoes are the only ones were it seems like they are made for wider feet. Are the new shoes from Victor still made like the Matsui 8000 plus, so I do not have to buy 10 pairs of them and hope to never run dry on them?

  8. #450
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,170
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ I have wide feet especially the toe area and this shoe was not a problem.

  9. #451
    Regular Member dbswansea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Central Sports in the UK has these marked up as a narrow shoe

    http://www.centralsports.co.uk/produ...e-red-footwear

  10. #452
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm currently using the SH9000 ACE D and it is an amazing pair of shoes. However, its been a bit over 6 months and the shoes are breaking down. Does anyone have suggestions on a Yonex shoe similar to this? How are the new Victor shoes?

  11. #453
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Yonex SHB-F1NM is similar as it also got wider head. New Victor shoes are coming like the 9100 that said to arrive in 2014 Q1....

  12. #454
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee1517 View Post
    I'm currently using the SH9000 ACE D and it is an amazing pair of shoes. However, its been a bit over 6 months and the shoes are breaking down. Does anyone have suggestions on a Yonex shoe similar to this? How are the new Victor shoes?
    Can I ask, in what area/part the shoes are "breaking down"? BTW Don't get Yonex if it is increased durability your after.

  13. #455
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Can I ask, in what area/part the shoes are "breaking down"? BTW Don't get Yonex if it is increased durability your after.
    Name:  CAM00225.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  56.4 KB
    Name:  CAM00226.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  52.4 KB
    Name:  CAM00228.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  47.5 KB

    I'm planning to get another pair of SH9000 ACE but in yellow. The front side for the left shoe came off after 3 months. My right shoe, for some reason, is in pretty good condition. The hole is getting worse so that is why I need to buy a new pair. I play/train pretty often (around 5 times a week) on mat surfaces.

  14. #456
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,170
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ Like me but not that bad...
    you need to find a lefty player who wears the exact same shoe and size, then you can buy his left shoe off him.

  15. #457
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Like me but not that bad...
    you need to find a lefty player who wears the exact same shoe and size, then you can buy his left shoe off him.
    LOL I wish it was that easy haha. In my area, most of the players play in Yonex shoes. Not one Victor shoe in sight!

  16. #458
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee1517 View Post
    Name:  CAM00225.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  56.4 KB
    Name:  CAM00226.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  52.4 KB
    Name:  CAM00228.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  47.5 KB

    I'm planning to get another pair of SH9000 ACE but in yellow. The front side for the left shoe came off after 3 months. My right shoe, for some reason, is in pretty good condition. The hole is getting worse so that is why I need to buy a new pair. I play/train pretty often (around 5 times a week) on mat surfaces.
    Yeah it's just from dragging your left foot on/after lunges, you don't do that with your right foot if your right handed so right side holds up fine.

    That's exactly what happened to both my yonex 101 and 102's after 6 months, but has not happened to my victor 9000's after 12 months, so I am surprised to see yours like that in your time scale. Mine are the yellow ones and I am set to buy a new pair due to the left front sole durability reason alone. Thanks for the pic anyway impressive wear!

    So going on these calculations a pair of yonex 101 or 102's would only last you about 45 days

  17. #459
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yeah it's just from dragging your left foot on/after lunges, you don't do that with your right foot if your right handed so right side holds up fine.

    That's exactly what happened to both my yonex 101 and 102's after 6 months, but has not happened to my victor 9000's after 12 months, so I am surprised to see yours like that in your time scale. Mine are the yellow ones and I am set to buy a new pair due to the left front sole durability reason alone. Thanks for the pic anyway impressive wear!

    So going on these calculations a pair of yonex 101 or 102's would only last you about 45 days
    LOL sorry what I meant was the front of the shoe started coming off at around the 3 months mark. I've been using it for around 6 months now. Yea I decided to just buy another pair of SH9000's since I love them so much. Victor doesn't have much left! They are focusing more on their new lines of shoes now

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Super Waves 35 (3 x Matching Set) and Victor The Legend Zhao Jian Hua Racquet
    By tpcml in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
  2. FS: Victor BS 169, Victor SW 35 & Victor BS 09 - Singapore & Johore Bahru only.
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 11-02-2011, 03:50 AM
  3. Victor Europe vs. Victor Asia - list of parallel names of Victor rackets
    By limak in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
  4. FS: Victor Bravesword 09, Victor Spira 22, Victor SW36
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-30-2011, 11:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •