User Tag List

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For sure! It's been said these shoes are 80% speed but 20% comfort, as compared to say shb5ex which are 80% comfort and 20% speed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spenco are rare on this side of the world. Would something like this be suitable?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    j4ckie, I have these shoes too and I can't imagine how you can play with them on your hard floors? Concrete or suspended hardwood?

With those floors I definitely have to use the Spenco Total Support Max replacement insoles for much better cushioning.
    Leg strength training in the gym, a lot of skipping, and good floors. And a bit of pain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any german buddy know whether the yellow version is available or not? I saw the green version in Taiwan, three months ago already. They weren't launched yet...

I can't believe there is only the red color available here. Feels like getting the short straw here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your german buddy in the post above yours is already wearing the green one for the past few months.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Leg strength training in the gym, a lot of skipping, and good floors. And a bit of pain
    No pain, no gain, right j4ckie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

j4ckie, I have these shoes too and I can't imagine how you can play with them on your hard floors? Concrete or suspended hardwood?

With those floors I definitely have to use the Spenco Total Support Max replacement insoles for much better cushioning.
    I have tried SH9000Ace some days back. I agree with most of the reviews that it is quite low to the ground, and i don't really like the idea and the feel of it. Adding Spenco Total Support Max is a very good idea, but sadly it is not available around my place, i have to order it online and get it shipped from abroad, which is costly. Therefore, i end up with SH8500D. Hopefully, it performs the way i am expecting it, my very first Victor shoes.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    Does any german buddy know whether the yellow version is available or not? I saw the green version in Taiwan, three months ago already. They weren't launched yet...

I can't believe there is only the red color available here. Feels like getting the short straw here.
    Afaik only the Red ones are available here. Order them from RKEP Eric - the price is better than the German retail anyway, even if you have to pay taxes at customs. Sadly for me, my feet have decided they don't like the 9000 after all and I'll have to find other ones that don't destroy my feet and Achilles

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Afaik only the Red ones are available here. Order them from RKEP Eric - the price is better than the German retail anyway, even if you have to pay taxes at customs. Sadly for me, my feet have decided they don't like the 9000 after all and I'll have to find other ones that don't destroy my feet and Achilles
    Didn't I caution you about wearing these shoes on those hard surfaces that you play on? Seems like you play on cement floor? Or is it hardwood?

I would recommend only wearing these shoes on badminton mat floors, because the forefoot really has not much cushioning. And personally for me, because I have bad knees and flat feet, I must put on Spenco Total Support Max orthotics even on mat floors with these shoes. And there's no way I'd play on cement or hardwood with these shoes, even with those orthotics.

Ah well, anyone reaching my age of late 40's will have to start to take every precaution to protect from injuries.
    Last edited by visor; 07-19-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I have tried SH9000Ace some days back. I agree with most of the reviews that it is quite low to the ground, and i don't really like the idea and the feel of it. Adding Spenco Total Support Max is a very good idea, but sadly it is not available around my place, i have to order it online and get it shipped from abroad, which is costly. Therefore, i end up with SH8500D. Hopefully, it performs the way i am expecting it, my very first Victor shoes.
    Prior to these 9000's, I had been using Yonex SHB200 and SC5EX, which are still the most comfortable badminton shoes I've ever worn. Unfortunately they're now discontinued and the replacement SC6EX is too narrow for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior to these 9000's, I had been using Yonex SHB200 and SC5EX, which are still the most comfortable badminton shoes I've ever worn. Unfortunately they're now discontinued and the replacement SC6EX is too narrow for me.
    Ah.. SHB200, that shoes is good looking, a simple black and white combination, but still catchy. I could still find SC5EX around my area, though. I am just afraid SC5EX being too slow, since it has enormous cushion. I have considered buying those shoes and end up not buying it due to one reason or another. I like the design on Sc6EX, and it seems that it does not have cushion as much as its predecessor, and supposedly made it faster. However it is quite expensive, so i do not buy it.

You have SH9000Ace + Spenco Total Support, that combination is awesome.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I have noticed about my 9000: the length isn't quite as snug any more.

I might go down half a size next time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't I caution you about wearing these shoes on those hard surfaces that you play on? Seems like you play on cement floor? Or is it hardwood?

I would recommend only wearing these shoes on badminton mat floors, because the forefoot really has not much cushioning. And personally for me, because I have bad knees and flat feet, I must put on Spenco Total Support Max orthotics even on mat floors with these shoes. And there's no way I'd play on cement or hardwood with these shoes, even with those orthotics.

Ah well, anyone reaching my age of late 40's will have to start to take every precaution to protect from injuries.
    No cement. Pretty much all school gyms in Germany (which is where we play) have swing-floor, which is linoleum floor with some kind of cushioning system beneath.
    Problem is that my feet have 'spread' and started to flatten a little, which in turn caused a mis-alignment of the achilles tendon and thus some wear&tear. Getting back to form now with physio, a myriad of stretching, balancing and stailizing exercises, and no more than 2 baddy sessions a week (which is, quite frankly, torture).
    On court, I'm back to ~70%, at least that's what it feels like. Only upside is that to compensate for my sudden lack of sport, I do a lot more gymwork for my legs and bodyweight exercises at home for my upper body. My shoulder and smash say thank you, but getting in position to play one is still a lot harder than I remember

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    One thing I have noticed about my 9000: the length isn't quite as snug any more.

I might go down half a size next time.
    Prepare for a lot of pain in the first week, then

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prepare for a lot of pain in the first week, then
    Indeed - that is the problem. If you want soemthing that's going to fit perfectly after two months, it won't fit perfectly until then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks j4ckie for the input... it's just awkward nothing is listed in that shop currently. Basically I don't have to pay online retail since it's victor but it's still pricy.

Since it's not listed I might try to get a 102 pair or the new yonex. I keep looking...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@j4ckie
    What's swing flooring? Still sounds like cement under a layer of linoleum. Still not as good for the joints as badminton mat or floating hardwood.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast