User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so many good review on this racket .. i am going to the dark side this week ... its time to get a BRAVE SWORD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kvn4000 View Post
    Ok... Had a session with the bs15, not a great reviewer but will try to describe the pros and cons.

Specification
    Bs15 (tw coded)
    Weight 3u
    String: Vs850(25lbs) digital stringing

Warm up and feeling the racket
    My fist hit gave me a surprised, from the base line. It was easily returning shuttle to opposite base line no matter if you are using your arm more or wrist and of course if by wrist, it was really effortless. The brave sword key point is still there cutting wind nicely and produced nice (Shiu) sound but for sure lesser compare to bs10,11 and 12. Personal point of view is because it is slightly heavier feeling from shaft to head comparing 10,11 and 12 but generally it feel lighter vs all Super Waves series and bs09.

Smash
    This is the best part I like, it really has the crisp sound no matter if you smash hard or medium power. To me the sweet spot was amazing and it seems like always ready to deliver the power for you. My bs11 smashes was totally forgotten after trying this! If you are a hard hitter you will fall in love with this devil bs15 especially playing at back court. The specification by victor were correct, it really deliver more power for you. I feel in terms of power, it was the best among bs family and I personally think better than sw37 3u as well. Try it out guys!

Speed
    Beware, this is not the best speed in bs series. I would say it's actually a little slower but not to much vs bs 10,11 and 12 but definitely faster than bs09 and sw35 and sw37 due to the weight but again don't get me wrong. It is not very heavy, just a little

Drop & Clear
    Drops were very accurate and consistent sharp. I feels the drops are slightly better than 11, perhaps due to the HH difference and it feels somehow very stable. I have tried continue placing at least 10 drops and above standing on base line the all the drops were perfectly place.
    Clears to me was on par with other bs family maybe little effortless if you are using your wrist more.

Conclusion
    Certainly A new weapon to try out. Who knows if you are a sw user you might love it for the power it deliver at the same time it was faster than sw series.
    For bs user if you can hold slightly more weight comparing bs10,11 and 12, This would be a new weapon for you.

Kevin

nice review.
    how do you compare it with your MX60? which one is head heavier/stiffer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got mine coming soon, can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope more reviews will be coming for this thread, will get mine this Saturday n will try to review after a few sessions with this new racket .... Keep the brave sword series going =P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be my first bravesword. I tried the 12 but thought it was way too fast, and my timing was horrible. Hopefully the 15 feels better as the specs are closer to my usual liking I might film a couple games of me playing soon, too. In which case I'll use the 15 and probably mx60 in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tranqq View Post
    It will be my first bravesword. I tried the 12 but thought it was way too fast, and my timing was horrible. Hopefully the 15 feels better as the specs are closer to my usual liking I might film a couple games of me playing soon, too. In which case I'll use the 15 and probably mx60 in it.
    Sorry to tell you bro..
    All the BS series swing speed is same. because of the frame design.
    So u have to get used with the racket before u can play comfortably with it.
    MX series is slower than BS series a'bit not much actually..
    If you have a horrible timing with BS12 then for sure u can't handle BS15 timing too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing happened when I try my first bravesword racket. The LYD. Just way too fast and smooth for my liking. Timing was so bad n hit the frame most of the time. Sold it off quick and stick to MX series haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_CW View Post
    Sorry to tell you bro..
    All the BS series swing speed is same. because of the frame design.
    So u have to get used with the racket before u can play comfortably with it.
    MX series is slower than BS series a'bit not much actually..
    If you have a horrible timing with BS12 then for sure u can't handle BS15 timing too.
    disagree.

the air resistance is the same, but not the swing speed.

using the same BS head shape, and the racket is made of lead and weights 2 lbs, the swing speed will be really slow.

in other words, the weight and balance matters as much as the racket shape and frame design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    disagree.

the air resistance is the same, but not the swing speed.

using the same BS head shape, and the racket is made of lead and weights 2 lbs, the swing speed will be really slow.

in other words, the weight and balance matters as much as the racket shape and frame design.
    Hmms i assume that air resistance are relative with swing speed?
    Is BS15 made of lead? not carbon fibre?

10. Likes flite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kwun is saying that yes, all of the Braveswords have the same air resistance but will still differ in swing speed because of their different balances. The BS12 is the most headlight BS, so it swings much faster than the BS15 for example which has more weight in the head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmms i assume that air resistance are relative with swing speed?
    Is BS15 made of lead? not carbon fibre?
    i am saying there are more than one factor to swing speed. mass, balance, and frame shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only tried the bs 12 for about 5 minutes, and I wasn't allowed to take the plastic grip off. I'm sure I will get used to the 15... although I do seem to prefer a beefier feeling racquet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tranqq View Post
    I only tried the bs 12 for about 5 minutes, and I wasn't allowed to take the plastic grip off. I'm sure I will get used to the 15... although I do seem to prefer a beefier feeling racquet
    Good luck to you bro..
    Some people can get comfortably with the racket instantly
    For me it take 2 games to tame Z-slash and 1week to tame MX80

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    If you apply the same amount of force.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to you bro.. Some people can get comfortably with the racket instantly For me it take 2 games to tame Z-slash and 1week to tame MX80
    I hsd the mx80 down on the first hit ^_^I also have the mx60 to try

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

kvn4000, really like to know how you find the BS15 compared to the MX60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first review on bs15 after 6 sessions with it~

Strung with vs880 at 26lbs

First impression .... welcome to the dark side>> BLACK, RED and GOLD design. Looks cool, almost like the bs10 from afar~ Had a few swing with it and it was effortless, BS series SWORD designs really live up to its name although bs15 is slightly head heavy~

Game time ... my first few games were bad since i had to get use to the faster swing speed compare to my mx80, mishit the frame quite alot but now i am already getting use to it. Besides, the shape is more towards oval than isometric. Nevertheless, the SMASHES are wonderful if you hit the shuttle at its sweet spot. Man, imagine the CRISP sound and the speed it lands on your opponent area ... you got to try it to believe it

Defence ... due to the smaller sweet spot, one have to really give an extra effort since most of the players uses isometric frame these days (or is it just me? lol zzz). Rest assured, the SWORD design will save the day, it cuts through the air and one can always counter in time. Just need some practise and i bet you will be alright

Drop shot ... due to my "high" (i know it is consider low compare to others) tension string, i need to really give the shuttle a little extra hit or else it would not reach over the net compare to my other racket .. not much repulsion

Conclusion ... like many other rackets, practise make perfect. Good for doubles if you want the extra speed and power (take mx80 if you want more POWER) I must say that BS 15 is like Darth Vader's Apprentice while MX 80 is like Darth Vader LOL~! Hope this review will welcome you to the dark side

Attack : 9 (slight head heavy compare to bs 10 gives you the "extra" smash power"
    Defense : 8 (smaller sweet spot compare to other BS series)
    Control : 9 (smooth but have to practise on timing)
    Looks : 1000 (I just like the looks of the GOLD, RED and BLACK combination~!, dont mind me)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast